ANIME ABANDON REQUESTS

Discussion in 'The Sage' started by mikailus, Sep 12, 2011.

1. doomguyx5

doomguyx5 Member

huh? no new requests besides me since May? huh guess people are using the forum on Bennett's site. I want Sage to review Guyver: Out of Control. I have a buddy whose a huge fan of the manga and later animes based on said manga (which were actually good) but I hear the first attempt to do a guyver anime fell short. Also because I can't manage to track down a dvd copy of out of control anywhere. only on vhs. Strange as this was one of the first Japanese animes to depict a tenticle rape scene. Legend of the overfiend just narrowly holds that record by a few weeks.

2. LMxDurgex

LMxDurgex Member

ya just email him directly lol. Im pretty sure out of control was only subbed and not dubbed. Although according to Wikipedia Manga Entertainment released the anime you speak of in VHS form during the 90's but theres no record of whether that means it was dubbed or not. I know that there is a fan dub but idk if sage would review that or not.

3. dylan connell

dylan connell Active Member

Can you review sister princess? Also could you do tsukuyomi moonphase as well?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  4. jeffpiatt

jeffpiatt Active Member

5. Gojira Anime

Gojira Anime Member

I say he should review the Ushio and Tora OVA.

6. blacktrojan3921

blacktrojan3921 Member

Am I the only one who's confused that the Sage is filed under Blistered Thumbs? Even though that site no longer exists due to obvious reasons? XD

7. jeffpiatt

jeffpiatt Active Member

I would guess that the software powering the board can't change it. The board uses an SQL server to catalog post's and altering one section would break the database now back on topic

8. Necromancer1991

Necromancer1991 Well-Known Member

With the release of Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Diamond is unbreakable I would be interested in seeing him tackle the Stardust Crusader OVA but I can get him wanting to maybe avoid such a big franchise.

9. jeffpiatt

jeffpiatt Active Member

I would love to see him do betterman and serial experiments lain there just so trippy series it's hard to tell what is real in the show.

10. ILuvGundam2001

ILuvGundam2001 Active Member

I would like to see his thoughts on Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny. I think they get more hate than they deserve.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I would especially love to see his jokes about Miguel and Heine :laugh:happy:):happy:laugh.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  11. Gojira Anime

Gojira Anime Member

How about the Noozles. Its a 26 episode anime done in 1984. Here's the intro

12. Kubernes

Kubernes Active Member

Honestly, Gundam Seed will probably be hated on by Sage. The series and its sequel deserve much of the hate when you compare it to other Gundam series.

I'd much rather see a review over the usually forgotten Gundam series. One in particular is the excellent War in the Pocket. This series is also somewhat easy to review by itself too because of the voice actors involved, the subject matter, and the short amount of episodes.

13. ILuvGundam2001

Sorry, the only Gundam series I've seen are Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny, some episodes of 00, and bits and pieces of G Gundam.
    Anyways, SEED Destiny has a special place in my heart as the first Gundam series I remember seeing back in 2008 (on Comcast on Demand before they became Xfinity). So, it would make sense for me to see Sage's thoughts on GSD.

14. Kubernes

Kubernes Active Member

Ah, I see. You should check out the other series then. Zeta, Turn A, and the original Gundam were recently released in the United States. Both on Bluray and DVD. Even ZZ is getting a release soon. Even Unicorn is worth checking out for the visuals alone, but many suits will be 'fan service' for older UC viewers.

15. ILuvGundam2001

I would like to see ZZ and Victory Gundam because they have 2 of my favorite mobile suits of all time: the Double Zeta Gundam and the Victory 2 Gundam.

Anyways, Sage should review the English dub of Tekkaman Blade 2. I've heard it's a really bad sequel to Teknoman/Tekkaman Blade. I have seen 2 episodes of it and it is so cheesy and corny. It's Voltar the Invincible levels of cheesiness.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  16. Kubernes

Kubernes Active Member

Maybe start with the OVAs? He can make a lot of fun over some of the stuff that happens.

17. ILuvGundam2001

What? You meant those TB side-story OVAs? I haven't seen them yet.

18. Kubernes

Kubernes Active Member

There was also some OVA to link the two series together and was quite questionable at many parts.

19. ILuvGundam2001

How about Sage reviews GaoGaiGar (the English dubbed episodes)?
    [​IMG]
    I watched a bit of the English dub of this series and it was hilarious! Sage should give his thoughts on it!

20. Fantomn33t

Fantomn33t Well-Known Member

School Rumble. it has been THAT long.

21. Megaman Trigger

Megaman Trigger Member

I posted this a while back, but how about Sage reviews Getter Robo Armageddon? Discotek Media put on a new box set for $40. And it looks like they'll have a Blu-ray out before long.

22. ILuvGundam2001

Sage should definitely review Gravitation, a cult classic yaoi anime about 2 boys who start their own J-Rock band and try to get to #1. It is sort of like Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi but with more homoerotic undertones. Also, it has music by Iceman, an overlooked 90's visual kei/synthpop band with Daisuke Asakura (the same guy who's the keyboardist of access and the main composer of T.M. Revolution, a very well-known J-Pop star to anime fans) as their keyboardist and producer.

23. Wcthesecret

Wcthesecret Member

He should review ghost stories.

24. raymondoperson

raymondoperson Member

oh please no he'll just pull a Devilman and review it with no knowledge of the series and suddenly all his fans will judge the entire franchise based on one narratively mediocre spin-off TV series

25. guyverman1990

guyverman1990 Active Member

If Bennet were to review Wolf Children, he would likely tear it a new one by accusing it of both promoting bestiality and the female lead being a Mary-sue.

ILuvGundam2001 likes this.
  26. ReligousSquabble

ReligousSquabble New Member

I wonder when the next time will be until NC and Sage collaborates on another one of these reviews. The McGuiver/McGuier one was phenomenal (in my opinion).

27. SouthernDancer

SouthernDancer New Member

I have one for Sage. Has anyone watched the rather obscure, nearly forgotten OVA Blue Flames? I have and... it's not hateful or despicable if you analyze the writing. Looking merely at the characters, yes, Ryuuichi is a monster, and everyone else is an imbecile or nearly as bad as him, or both. It's when you start to see that everything else-the writing, the animation, the pacing, and the music (really, the music), and especially the so called 'themes'-are poorly executed to the point of making this laughable; not in an amusing way. I laugh because this is even more poorly executed than Bondage Game and School Days.

I have read two reviews that compare Ryuuichi to Light Yagami (and I despise Death Note). That's like comparing shit to diarrhea; they both stink and your body needs to get rid of them, so why bother? And don't tell me some cultures use them as fuel.

Here's the link. Make of it what you will:

28. ILuvGundam2001

How about in the future Sage could review the butchered English dub of Cardcaptor Sakura called Cardcaptors and/or the butchered English dub of the first movie? It would be fun to riff on.
    Link for Cardcaptors: the Movie here:

29. SouthernDancer

SouthernDancer New Member

I have one. I want Sage to review the anime Now and Then, Here and There. This anime is trying desperately to be dark and edgy, and was inspired by the Rwanda Conflicts, but it just comes off as hilarious to the point where I was laughing through everything, even the scenes of... eh, best not get into it. I don't want to get in trouble. This whole series is like if Black Lagoon were a comedy.

30. gellielfson

gellielfson Active Member

I wonder which Dragon Ball Z movie Bennett would look at for a review.