Atop the Fourth Wall: Official Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Linkara' started by Linkara, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Pallet

Pallet More Trophy Points Please

2. jeffpiatt

jeffpiatt Active Member

3. JonahFalcon

JonahFalcon Active Member

4. Pallet

Not a reboot.

5. jeffpiatt

jeffpiatt Active Member

that reboot was good Felicia Day got being a Forrester down. The new Henson built bots were great. And the special effects were done by Adam Savage and Stupid Monkey.

6. JonahFalcon

No. If you're a cultural reference you shouldn't be on MST3K. Patton Oswald was mocked on Rifftrax. Think he or any of his buddies will be mocked?

Don't need this MST3K High School Production. I already have Mike, Bill and Kevin doing movies. MST3K is not about puppets. There's no original idea in the reboot. I liked the format of The Film Crew, where the riffers are voluntarily working for a goofy billionaire.

7. jeffpiatt

jeffpiatt Active Member

It's not a reboot it's season 11 from the original creator of the show. He even stars in every episode as the guy sending the films to the Satellite. Joel Hodgson is still running the show. Its now up to 211 episodes.

8. JonahFalcon

Except... Joel himself said that MST3K wasn't any good til Mike Nelson was the head writer in Season 2. He also said Mike would have been the host had he been the head writer in Season 1. In addition, there's no Midwestern charm. Best Brains avoided moving to NYC and LA when Comedy Central asked them to.

(Plus, the stories I heard about the reboot are slightly disturbing, that they wanted names instead of people like Mary Jo Pehl and Trace Beaulieu who expressed interest...)

Again, I prefer Rifftrax. It has the personalities and writing I want. Kevin Murphy's giggles are timeless. I find reboot MST3K to be too calculating, trying to imitate the original show. If you're enjoying it, more power to you.

9. Holland

Holland More Trophy Points Please

I like it!
    Yes it is. That's how it was marketed and everything.

10. jeffpiatt

jeffpiatt Active Member

The first episode starts with it being a distant sequel. Mary Jo Pehl returns to play Grandma Pearl Forrester. The intro even lists the episode numbers as being Season 11 and a ongoing episode count from the first comedy channel episode. 3 episodes in we hit episode 200. Joel even picked the new lead from the Rifftrax reunion panel. Yes it's now filmed in LA but Joel's new cast and crew are all big name fans. The Robots still look like they were built in a Minnesota Garage the night before with a box of scraps. Rifftrax is even promoting it the last live show ran the trailer for it and shout factory is sending royalties' to the full cast for the reboot. The first riffed film even had a comic put out based on it.

11. Pallet

Yeah and Bobo and Brain Guy return as well.

12. Pallet

Not quite. Like Jeff said, some characters return and it's listed as Season 11.

13. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

ThatManWithTheHeadband12 More Trophy Points Please

Also, Joel and Mike are explicitly referenced when identifying characters on a kid's drawing

Linkara's Vidme page

14. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike More Trophy Points Please

Yeah seriously man it's like Samurai Jack season 5: it may of been made a decade+ later but it's not a revamp but rather just another season of the show made by the original people behind it that is meant as a follow up not a reboot or anything so I don't know where you get off calling it otherwise jeffpiatt

Also this has little to do with the topic at hand which I guess is trying to get Linkara's movie Rifftraxed which... wouldn't make any sense even if it was a really popular movie in well known circles as AT4W movie is kind of tied heavily into the series and you can't ask the riffers to watch the 400+ episodes of Linkara's show just to riff a movie. I guess they could go in cold with it but... would anyone want that? at all?

15. jeffpiatt

jeffpiatt Active Member

Well Linkara is going AD free as Vidme announced that they will never run ads because they are bad for creators. . but they will let him bill subscribers.

16. Lt.Havoc

Lt.Havoc More Trophy Points Please

Say, does anyone know in what episodes Linkara mentioned Shrödingers Cat? I remember that the forum (including me) lectured him on that and in one of the videos he briefly talks about that and even shows the forum posts (including mine) in the review. I know that must have been back when this was TGWTG.

17. NostalgiaManiac

NostalgiaManiac More Trophy Points Please

After some research (i.e. rewatching his first screw-ups video, were he mentions it), I can tell you that it was Silent Hill: Dead/Alive #1-2 ;)

18. Lt.Havoc

I was just so surprised to see my comment on there, same on how in the Another Top 15 Screw Ups video, he basically took my info I posted on that NFL Superpro number 1 where I lectured Linkara about Kevlar being a plastic like fiber thats stronger then steel, and that therefor, plastic armor is sorta, kinda a thing. Fun fact, fiberglass bonded with silicates are the basis of armor plates used in body armor during the late 70s and 80s.

19. JonahFalcon

20. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

ThatManWithTheHeadband12 More Trophy Points Please

A request from Linkara regarding sharing his videos in their respective threads

21. JonahFalcon

22. Lt.Havoc

As far as I know, the Harley Quinn in the comics was always different from the DCAU. I am not sure where and when she made the transition, because she was created for Batman TAS and had her own Batman TAS based comics, I just dont know when she crossed over. Also, she got a very different arc and growth in the comics, where she moved away from the Joker and where she realized she has been abused and manipulated by him and now hates his guts. BAtman TAS went back to the status quo with "Harlequinade" because Bruce timm felt that they needed to be together, he was the one who said "Only Harley has seen The Joker cry".

I always found that a bit stupid, what is interesting is, that in the new animated movie, that is based on Batman TAS/New Batman Adventures/JLU, Harley is no longer together with the joker and lives her own live and whatnot.

23. JonahFalcon

I miss her original outfit and personality.

24. JonahFalcon

Alternate cover for WW #23. Can you tell the artist is a woman?

[​IMG]

25. Lt.Havoc

Its still a sensual sexy cover tho.