Atop the Fourth Wall: Official Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Linkara' started by Linkara, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Pinky

Pinky More Trophy Points Please

There's a lot of stuff I like as well, but I really want Young Avengers because there's never a whole lot of context for him to ever talk about them.
    Right now some of my favorite stuff in Inhumans, Young Justice, Tim Drake Robin Series and Runaways. The thing is all that stuff I just mentioned is incredibly relevant still or he has had a chance to touch upon, although getting him to review a Young Justice comic is pretty tempting.

Funny, I just rewatched The Culling and he mentioned the New 52 Night of Demons as something he liked that would probably make a pretty cool review. Do the Cool World comics have good review fodder?

2. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat More Trophy Points Please

I have thought about Inhumans actually, comics or otherwise. I'd also request the Inhumans episodes from the 90's Fantastic Four cartoon. But as for Night of the Demons, nothing like the comic I can tell you that.

As for the Cool World comics, definitely. I own the four issue prequel and the comic book adaptation of the film which had plenty of differences like a different ending.

3. jeffpiatt

jeffpiatt Active Member

it also looks like vidme opened linkara up to some actual DMCA take downs. if they get vindictive we may need to set up his legal defense fund for when he gets sent to court.

4. JonahFalcon

JonahFalcon Active Member

Sorry to hear about your power outage, Lewis.

5. JonahFalcon

I hope I see the Miami Connection Rifftrax Ninja on your shelf ;)

And singing "Against the Ninja"? How many times have you watched that movie? LOL

"More Heroes Reborn"? You haven't reviewed it yet!

6. JonahFalcon

Me and Gail Simone have the same birthday! :Woot

7. YouAskedForIt

YouAskedForIt More Trophy Points Please

You're 43 years old?

8. JonahFalcon

No. 47. We have the same birth DATE.

9. YouAskedForIt

YouAskedForIt More Trophy Points Please

I was joking, but for that matter, the date would actually include the year in reference. Birthdays generally insinuate the corresponding day within any year. Technically though, a birthday proper means just the simple precise time of the birth, which is the crux of my joke.

10. reifuTD

reifuTD Active Member

Just me or is it odd this current storyline about a cosmic god is seems to be wrapping up about when two Steven King Cosmic Horror/Fantasy movies are coming out? The Dark Tower and It, I don't know if we are going to tie in reviews of It or Dark Tower comics. But Linkara storyline seem to fit Steven King's High Fantasy cosmic horror style then Lovecraft's. I mean dude Magic Guns?

Thinking about it this stuff with the Entity makes me think of It, I haven't read the book but I've heard it's implied the Loser's Club did not kill It under their own power. It's arch nemesis is the Turtle God Maturin, in the past people could call upon to Maturin to give them power challenge It in combat. This stopped working after Maturin apparently dies. It as a being is pretty ignorant of the existence of others gods before coming to earth It thought that Maturin and It was all there was. It is shocked when other god steps in to give their power to the Loser's Club, this god was most likely Gan being the biggest force of good and the highest god.

Later in a different book the Crimson King (King Arthur's evil wizard son) come by and uses It's dead lights, basically It's true body (I assume dead body) a form beyond human comprehension for his own power.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  11. JonahFalcon

[​IMG]

Missing from this image: Aqualad.
    But Stephanie Brown is now with the team.

12. jeffpiatt

jeffpiatt Active Member

someone did a unofficial episode of AT4W.

13. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

ThatManWithTheHeadband12 More Trophy Points Please

Lewis Lovhaug, possessed by the Entity

14. gellielfson

gellielfson Active Member

I don't see the tweet.

15. JonahFalcon