Channel Awesome Blip Archives (sign on now)

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by DMaster, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Skaven

Skaven New Member

There was a backup of justin and twitch tv. See http://archiveteam.org/index.php?title=Twitch.tv and http://archiveteam.org/index.php?title=Justin.tv with a search available for the former see http://archive.fart.website/archiveteam/twitchtv-index/html/ . You need to put their exact channel name in to search. I could only find one video of spoony's. Try searching with it though not sure if I wrote the channel names right.

They say they backed up all videos with ten or more views for justin.tv but I couldn't find any videos for any channel awesome members though. I'm not entirely sure if I weren't searching the so-called WARC files right. You could have another look at those if you want.

So it does seem as if pretty much all of everyone's streams are lost. The blip.tv stuff is largely all available though. See my own search site https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbzxkuw0ia_OQ0k2b_6SCSCsSBnt7HeOtYptbQz2QI8pkSoeclKb/exec

2. jeffpiatt

jeffpiatt Active Member

So did anyone save the your such a card game episodes or did Disney destroy them first.

3. somerandomuser

somerandomuser New Member

I assume you mean Iron Liz and Linkara's "Your Such a Card Game" episodes where, rather than a typical review video of something, they played yugioh, sailor moon, pokemon, digimon or 1 or 2 other card games?

I was kind of wondering that myself to be honest - I haven't got copies of them, and can't find them listed on Skaven's blip-search-link-page thingy. I can't find them anywhere else either so unless anyone else has any information it does look like they are lost sadly.

4. somerandomuser

somerandomuser New Member

Kind of resurrecting this thread but whatever... Does anyone have copies of:

(1): Highlander Endgame Rant Part 2 (by patthenespunk - with pat and spoony) **BTW - that's part2 of the RANT, not the 3-part-review with a similar name (the rant and the review are different things)**
    (2): Highlander Endgame Bloopers Outtakes With Spoony (by patthenespunk - with pat and spoony)
    (Both originally uploaded to patthenespunk BLIP account rather than spoony's)

These don't seem to be available in Skaven's BLIP archive site thingy (they are listed, but seem to be dead links or something and show the following):
    Not Found
    The requested URL /Patthenespunk-HighlanderEndgameBloopersOuttakesWithSpoony795.mpg was not found on this server.

5. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike More Trophy Points Please

Sorry can't find those but I have a question: like only a couple of weeks ago that link allowed you to get all of the old brad jones/Cinema Snob videos by just entering in thecinemasnob in the search function. However it seems to no longer work as you cna't find Brad's videos on there despite again just being there a couple of weeks ago and others like Erod/Lupa/Phelous/Nostalgia Chick etc still being there so yeah anyone have any reason for that?

6. DuraBronze

DuraBronze New Member

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6EgHrELTN6YYXEtUW9ub3U4N2M

I'll upload them to YouTube/DailyMotion as well.

As far as why some Twitch accounts have videos that go back years, I can only speculate that they had elevated/special privileges for some purpose. LordKat said the Spoony D&D streams were used to stress test Justin.tv in the early days, and he has 8,000 videos up, so something special might have been down to his account. (Or it's a bug. Blip.tv had plenty of those which made archiving some things a pain.)

I archived Brad's Blip videos, but he's said before there are videos taken down or vanished before Blip shutdown, so any archive is incomplete.

7. Neo Ultra Mike

Where did you archive those Durabronze so that I may see/download them? As in do you have a link to the page that has those videos and if so may I have it?

8. DuraBronze

DuraBronze New Member

Argh, it turns out my script encountered errors on 3 pages of videos, so it never downloaded about ~30 of them (some at the very start to boot). I was going to start upload them to a Mega account, but this is annoying.

Edit: It turns out I have a list of (non-Midnight Screenings) episodes from Brad's Blip, so I can find out which episodes I don't have.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  9. Neo Ultra Mike

Well the good news is most of the midnight screenings are available and a few that aren't I already downloaded before that page disappeared so again whenever you have the time tell me what page they're on to view please.

10. gellielfson

gellielfson Active Member

I feel really awful right now. I'm in the middle of transferring my archived videos from an old external hard drive to a new one, and when I was going to continue today I found the videos for one reviewer were gone! I looked everywhere, but they're just gone. While the reviewer has put up his content (edited for YouTube), including his past discontinued series, there were still a few rare videos that are probably lost forever as well as the dates for each video's original posting. I'm wondering if there's a way to reclaim the data, since the new hard drive is unused. Do any of you have a suggestion?

11. Neo Ultra Mike

Well whose the reviewer? Is it the Cinema Snob/Brad Jones since I noticed his archives were gone from certain sites so it's an issue I'm having as well.

12. gellielfson

It was actually Bennett the Sage. I found that his video game reviews go back all the way to 2007 (and I labelled each one with the earliest date) and I even found one episode of his short lived Elfen Lied abridged series. I've calmed down since then, but I'm still kinda upset.

As for Brad's videos, I actually have a bunch of his. Are you looking for a specific video?

13. Neo Ultra Mike

Oh yeah I think Bennett got up to like episode 10 of his abridged series but besides the first one I don't think there are saved links for any other episodes sadly enough. I think his blip videos are still available but obviously he didn't upload some of those to youtube and those old oldddddddd youtube videos may be gone. And if someone has them it's no one I know.

If you have Brad's videos actually I'm looking for the Reviewers.

http://www.thecinemasnob.com/the-reviewers

The five episodes of that series haven't yet had their links re-updated so those are the ones I'm specifically looking for now. Would you happen to have them gelliefson? And if so could you send me a link to them?

14. gellielfson

Sadly I don't have those videos. Anything pre-2013 I might have.

15. Neo Ultra Mike

So do you have the best/worst movies of 2011/2012 brad did? Oh also the midnight screenings most offensive moments video? (which was February 2013 I believe but still doesn't hurt to ask).

16. gellielfson

You're in luck, I have the best+worst of 2011. Sadly no 2012.

17. Neo Ultra Mike

Okay that's good so could I have the link for it then please?

18. gellielfson

I'm kinda preoccupied right now, trying to reclaim data and stuff. I'll send you the link when I'm ready. Hopefully soon.

19. Neo Ultra Mike

Okay cool no hurry or anything just wanted to ask.

20. DuraBronze

DuraBronze New Member

I did download Brad's Midnight Screenings, I just meant I had printed out a list excluding the Midnight Screenings back when Blip was shutting down, I was considering only downloading proper episodes to save time/space.

I've uploaded half the files to Mega.nz. I'll PM you a link. I've attached a file containing a log of all the Cinema Snob files my computer downloaded from Blip. (It's also needed to find out what file is in which zip archive.) Uploading the other half might be a problem, though (I don't know how strict Mega is about bandwidth policing).

The 30 or so episodes I missed are:

Attached Files:

21. DuraBronze

DuraBronze New Member

I think they're in my log. I can get them later.

Brad may have deleted them from due the fallout with Jake before Blip when under. I only have two in my log (the "Meet Count/Steve" extras). I did search my hard drive and find an episode 5 blooper file that was never deleted.

I did archive Sage's Blip, but I don't see his Elfen Lied series anywhere in my logs. (He seems to have uploaded his videos to vid.me, so thank god I don't have to do anything about that.)

22. gellielfson

His Elfen Lied series was on YouTube before he removed it, but I found an episode of it on an old video game reviewing website. I don't remember what website that was.

23. gellielfson

While I was getting the files for Neo Ultra Mike I found that my archive has the episodes you're missing.

24. DuraBronze

DuraBronze New Member

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6EgHrELTN6YNXFDbmJZSzRiSjA

That should contain them and a few other videos that didn't look like there were around anymore.

25. Neo Ultra Mike

Ah thanks for that man though that didn't have the part 3 of the worst movies of 2011 on it but still thanks for the other videos there especially worst 2012 and most offensive moments.

26. gellielfson

Good news, everyone! I managed to reclaim my missing videos... 3 days ago, and I forgot to tell everyone until now:oops:.