Dragon Ball Evolution (MasakoX/LittleKuriboh Crossover)

Discussion in 'NC Episodes' started by Neo Ultra Mike, Oct 25, 2017.

1. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

ThatManWithTheHeadband12 More Trophy Points Please

Frick. Apologies for misremembering

2. NostalgiaManiac

NostalgiaManiac More Trophy Points Please

What bothered me the most was MasakoX saying that Goku doesn't like to fight, when he absolutely does. I could forgive Chris Stuckman making the same mistake in his review, since he seems to mostly know the franchise from the original English dub of Z, but Masako has seen both the original Japanese version and the more faithfully dubbed Kai, reviews every episode of Super (which currently running story-arc got started, because of Goku's love for fighting) as they come out and plays a parody version of Goku. His ignorance is both baffeling and inexcusable.

3. BigMac90

BigMac90 Active Member

One thing that kind of confused me was when Masako said that Piccolo, in the show, was complex. I know Piccolo Jr. turns good in Z, but wasn't King Piccolo basically pure evil? Then again, I've only seen the English dub. Maybe it was different in the Japanese version...?

4. YouAskedForIt

YouAskedForIt More Trophy Points Please

Don't you guys think anime is kinda boring?

5. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

Saying anime is boring is like saying every animated show and movie is boring. It’s definitely case by case

6. YouAskedForIt

YouAskedForIt More Trophy Points Please

7. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure myself as Jr is kind of a different being than King Piccolo, he's still basically him as the link with Kami is maintained.

8. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike More Trophy Points Please

As I stated before, Lawerence and Martin (aka MasakoX and LittleKuriboh) didn't really actually write much in the script. As they didn't bother rewatching Evolution and didn't feel like actually reshaping the script. IMHO considering they're placement in TeamFourStar they're likely fine with other people taking charge and doing the actual writing/editing and just playing they're part as actors. I think if Lanipator or especially KaiserNeko were doing this co-review with Nostalgia Critic we would NOT have these mistakes in the review. Since yeah the reason those were said in this review because this was mostly written by Doug and Rob who are not FANS of the source material so are assuming a lot of things. Thus assuming Piccolo is more complex or that Goku is not for fighting when those aren't really the cases. Which again is a fault of his and of MasakoX's who yeah KNOWS the source material so should of put his foot down on things he knows aren't true and said "hey guys you need to change the lines since they're not how the show works." But didn't and... again is part of why this review feels more eh and not as accurate as it should be.

9. TheBuggeredOne

TheBuggeredOne More Trophy Points Please

This was actually a really weird review for me to watch...mainly because I had no idea Piccolo was once evil. When I was a kid, the network that showed the Dragonball English dubs tended not to show the older Dragonball run, and instead opted to show mainly Z and GT; and even Z was the Vegetta stuff, around the time Piccolo turned good....so it was strange to see him as the villain.

Also? That clip where he was "dressed as a Piccolo"? That was a freaking clarinet! Not a piccolo.

Sincerely,
    Annoyed Band Geek (Baritone Sax)

10. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

11. Kneel

Kneel Member

12. Fancyarcher

Fancyarcher Well-Known Member

Enjoyed this for the most part. The critic and the guest stars had good banter with each other anyway. As for the film itself, it's a mess, and whether you like the Dragonball franchise or not, it's a terrible adaptation regardless. Just an all-around Hollywood meddled with mess.

13. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

Bloopers!

Gee I wonder who this is
    34D8CF7B-0811-4957-B8BD-997986243FAC.jpeg

14. BigMac90

BigMac90 Active Member

Lol, I saw that exact same comment on a Facebook post Doug made a few days ago. The funny thing is, that post was about a tribute video someone made for his birthday, and had nothing to do with this review. XD

15. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

And it was a really well done tribute (I just quite couldn’t justify putting it in this subforum. I commented on the video as well, praising her appreciation for the show’s history and demonstrating how both Doug and his fanbase can be really odd. For example how NC looks at Balto to see how it holds up but in doing the same for American Beauty he frames it as an editorial. Or throwing the Editorial intros on Top 11 Lists and Was That Real, despite both being reviews and the former usually being structurally identical to those released before the show originally ended. His fanbase doesn’t pick up on why he loved the Moulin Rouge review so much, then complain about the skits AND skip out on the videos where he is more straightforward. And she agreed

BigMac90 likes this.
  16. Prof_Ratigan

Prof_Ratigan Member

Did anyone else catch the totally out-of-left-field Ernest Saves Christmas reference? That was a totally unexpected, very pleasant surprise

17. ILuvGundam2001

ILuvGundam2001 Active Member

18. Shockwave_the_Dragon

Shockwave_the_Dragon Active Member

HEY! Save that for the 2035 review of thr live action JoJo movie staring Matt Mercer as Old Joesph Joestar

ILuvGundam2001 likes this.
  19. ILuvGundam2001

ILuvGundam2001 Active Member

OH MAH G-D! You know about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017 at 11:03 PM
  20. TheBuggeredOne

TheBuggeredOne More Trophy Points Please

21. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Well-Known Member

Funny thing is I'm kind of inbetween being a casual fan and hardcore fan of the DB anime (even get some enjoyment of GT), and yet I tend to find the film myself to be so bad it's good.

Still, I have to wonder why for all of the Transformers and Chipmunk films, why execs in Hollywood don't ever seem to consider that it's failure or even something like Super Mario Bros (which I like even more, btw), Underdog or The Last Airbender also not getting enough positive response is a sign that sometimes that following the bottomline doesn't always work.

22. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

Remember when Goku guest starred on Doctor Who?