Feminist Frequency - The Freq Show

Discussion in 'Politics & Debate' started by YouAskedForIt, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Doc24

Doc24 New Member

Because it would be bias to a certain thought of this situation without a person of a different thought having the opportunity be allowed to explain why he thinks this thought?

2. DodgerOfZion

DodgerOfZion Moderator Staff Member

Wrong answer.

You registered here and immediately went straight for THIS THREAD IN PARTICULAR, along with some dubious remarks over in another thread. It's pretty obvious that you're not here for civil discussion. I know patterns when I see them.

Last chance. Why shouldn't I ban you?

Movie-Brat likes this.
  3. Doc24

Doc24 New Member

Actually no I went to the news thread. And it's not sexist. I said nothing sexist. All I said that people shouldn't change the race or sex of a character for social justice reasons. And if you're talking about the riri williams thing all I was saying that she hasn't been popular. I haven't said anything sexist on here yet. And I won't mind you. So can we please just restart and just play nice?

4. DodgerOfZion

Bye Dylan.

5. Doc24

Doc24 New Member

Huh

6. DodgerOfZion

Well, it appears another Dylan Connell sock has been snuffed out.

Ratin8tor likes this.
  7. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat More Trophy Points Please

He went straight to the Movie News Thread to complain about the idea of Captain Britain being Asian someone proposed and even used "SJW."

I should have known.

8. Hoodieninja

Hoodieninja Active Member

The White Knighting for Boogie is so fucking stupid, He was not being attacked by Anita. Boogie doesn't even felt like it was, He was just uncomfortable, stop taking things out of context.

9. Hoodieninja

Hoodieninja Active Member

What?

10. Critic_Critic

Critic_Critic More Trophy Points Please

All in a night's work.

When her abusers crash her panel with recording equipment to take up the first three rows in an effort to intimidate the target of their abuse, they are absolutely doing something. And it's something they've been doing for years.

Blatant lie. Boogie himself covered this one - she had a heated response to Boogie bringing up a loaded topic right before the end of the panel, without a real chance to argue against it, and the two sat down and actually had a very civil discussion about that issue. Boogie even commended her for it.

It is not verbal assault just because Boogie has anxiety through which he specifically framed the issue - NOT as verbal assault.

Now that's probably more disrespectful a claim to Boogie, of all people. NOTHING about his argument was to suggest women aren't victims. He didn't comment on the amount of abuse women face, or the level of victimhood one 'opts' into, or that anyone was wrong to say that they were victims of abuse. In fact, he specifically talked earlier in the panel that everyone has their own lens, a barometer of tolerance that they can put up with angry attacks, and his own is absurdly high. All he DID do, was try to point out that cyber-bullying CAN target anyone, even those from generally privileged groups, and that he himself is an example of that. Y'know, for people who actually care about cyber-bullying.

But then I must note that you never created an account here before to take the tens of thousands of Internet trolls guilty of verbally assaulting Anita to task. Again, that seems to be everyone's favourite double-standard. Bully a woman, look the other way, woman raises her voice even slightly, VERBAL ASSAULT! BULLY!

Let's just not try to glance past what kind of person you are when you do that.

If actual sympathy to actual victims of actual bullying and abuse makes us biased, so be it. I'd rather not suffer the trolls who need advocate the other side of such principles.

I mean, I may be biased against holocaust deniers, but that doesn't obligate my time and space to their thoughts and views.

There's all sorts of reasons people change aspects of a character, up to and including a complete overhaul of that character, oh, and up to and including race and sex. If the only reasoning for that you find issue with to be "social justice reasons" then it's honestly not a far stretch to suspect you have some racist and sexist motives about it.

But I'll peek my head in that thread next, and see what you actually said.

Movie-Brat likes this.
  11. Critic_Critic

Oh wow, it's quite honestly this:

And appropriately, like I said:

I know I used an "if" statement on the off-chance that there's wasn't some special example being made out of "social justice reasons", but that's really what it was. :rolleyes:

Movie-Brat likes this.
  12. Dancingmadrb3

Dancingmadrb3 More Trophy Points Please

Well I figured i will let some time cool off here (and hoping if i get into a quote war again I wont break the forum.)
    I mean its one thing to have a big spat on a politics forum and have that spat break the forum.
    The quote mining may have to take another form if I were to go back into battle, I actually really dont want to have the servers break on my account.
    Getting into fights? yes but please lets do this by not quote mining.

13. Critic_Critic

Jeez, stop blaming the forum software for your own inadequacies. It's really as simple as this ^ - see how I quoted you. Now you're tagged. Now we have context to what I'm replying to. It also includes a handy-dandy link to jump right to your post. Normally I use that for everything I'm replying to, but for your sake, I'll show you another method. It involves these: ""

"I mean its one thing to have a big spat on a politics forum and have that spat break the forum." - Forum still works. Try not to take credit for ruining things which haven't been ruined.

"The quote mining may have to take another form if I were to go back into battle, I actually really dont want to have the servers break on my account." - OK, you need to stop repeating "quote mining" over and over again, it's very clear that you do not know what the term means. Quote mining is about taking words out of context such that their intended meaning becomes distorted. What I'm doing is responding to your every faulty point in sequential order, so that NOTHING gets taken out of context, and no bullshit goes unchallenged. So when you use twenty different fallacies in a row, you don't get to squeak by a handful of them, because the person you're arguing with finds it too exhausting to catch them all. I'm making it a point not to be the lazy one here.

"Getting into fights? yes but please lets do this by not quote mining." - I've responded to your every word in your post. Do not for another second call it quote mining.

14. Dancingmadrb3

No there was something going on a few days ago on the forums, I think us having large quote boxes were indeed causing some issues.
    But good idea using bolds just in case actually, that way when we shout no one will be able to tell.
    I would have used italics though, or underline.
    Lets do underline, deal?
    That way we dont sound like angry shouty people to the untrained eye

15. Critic_Critic

Not on my end, there wasn't. Maybe you just need to update your browser.

That's what {CAPS} and {exclamation marks!!!!} are for.

Do what you want.

16. Dancingmadrb3

Well it could have been chrome, it does bug out on me now and then.
    But still I will underline just in case, I honestly dont want the forums to break on my account.
    That is the last thing I want, as much as we can bicker about things here, I still like this place and seeing the responses some of you give me.
    I actually like the challenge, I just did not want any unintended issues by you and me having those huge quote bubbles.

17. JimB

JimB More Trophy Points Please

@Critic_Critic, I'm inclined to believe him on this one, if only because I too have had problems in the past trying to talk to you (you specifically and you exclusively, as it so happens) because quoting you just wouldn't let me post. It didn't occur to me to try your bolding technique, though. I hope I remember it if it comes up again.

18. Dancingmadrb3

Yeah I think we were both here at the same time JimB or just abouts.
    But again I think underline should be used as its readable and not as shouty looking.

19. YouAskedForIt

YouAskedForIt More Trophy Points Please

FYI, there is a 22500 character limit when trying to quote. Users on this forum are often constricted to such forum guidelines by common rule.

20. YouAskedForIt

YouAskedForIt More Trophy Points Please