Hannibal(2001)

Discussion in 'Future NC Requests' started by Maddux31, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Maddux31

Maddux31 New Member

I didn't see a thread requesting this yet and I searched hard so here we go. Hannibal(2001) a gory freakshow with over acting galore, killer piggies, and general weirdness. In addition this has to be a huge letdown for Silence of the Lambs fans. Who wants to see the Critic try this brain food?

2. dagan

dagan New Member

We know Doug thinks the movie is stupid, so this is a strong possibility.

3. XanatosVanBadass

XanatosVanBadass New Member

Actually, I'd like to see an Old vs New on Manhunter Vs Red Dragon personally.

4. Maddux31

Maddux31 New Member

I think that would be a cool idea but a Hannibal review would be much funnier IMHO

5. spudrow2005

spudrow2005 New Member

as a hannibal fan id love to see a review of this since i aboslutely loath this entry in the series

6. Wookiee

Wookiee More Trophy Points Please

All the Hannibal movies were sub-par, but that one in particular had bugger-all to do with the book.

7. AVPGuyver21

AVPGuyver21 Active Member

Seeing that Doug didn't like Hannibal that much, I wonder if we will ever see a full NC review of it someday? The movie came out 11 years ago and has a Nostalgia connection to it.

8. TheListenerCanon

TheListenerCanon Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think after the Cell, Doug should stay away from extremely violent movies that don't really appeal to kids or even teens. Those are more Phelous' territory. It's not that they aren't really "nostalgic" in the way, it's just that, his type of humor doesn't work for these kinds of movies. I know people say that End of Days was no different than the Cell, but End of Days had Schwarzengger in it and that alone had to appeal to some teens and enough NC material. I doubt the target audience for this was teens and has anyway NC material.

9. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat More Trophy Points Please

But isn't it normal for kids to have somehow seen the the violent films?

10. TheListenerCanon

TheListenerCanon Well-Known Member

Whether kids did see these movies or not, I just feel Doug's humor doesn't work in the realm of violent "scary" movies. I'm sorry, but that is clearly more for Phelous, Brad, or to some extent, Hagan or Oancitizen. The humor works more for these kinds of movies for them. Not Doug as evidenced in the Cell review. I know a fair amount enjoyed the Cell review, but I found it very underwhelming and didn't think of something "nostalgic."

11. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat More Trophy Points Please

Maybe but Hannibal Lector does have some nostalgic value as much as the other slasher villains.

12. AVPGuyver21

There are horror movies with nostalgia value to them (For example, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Alien, It, Scream and Blair Witch Project). I do remember seeing this movie when I was 10 or 11, I still remember that the brain scene was stupid and even Scary Movie 2 knew it was stupid. I don't know who else could review this movie?

13. MikeKz

MikeKz New Member

Hannibal is a very silly movie. Gary Oldman's character is hilarious, with that weird voice and all. "Children would do ANYTHING for a candy bar." etc. The brain eating scene is laughable and I truly feel sorry for Ray Liotta for having to be in such a movie.

14. AVPGuyver21

From Rob's facebook

CatTazTrophy likes this.
  15. CatTazTrophy

CatTazTrophy Member

Nostalgiaween is approaching soon and Doug has stated that this film has been on his reviewing pile for a very long time now. Let's hope people push for this film to get reviewed soon. I want to know what witty banter he has in mind for this "horror" movie.