Miscast (NEW SERIES)

Discussion in 'Sketches' started by ThatManWithTheHeadband12, Mar 26, 2017.

1. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

ThatManWithTheHeadband12 More Trophy Points Please

See your favorite characters in other things!

The Pooh impression was fine. The Piglet impression felt weak. Sorry Malcolm

Critic_Critic likes this.
  2. Critic_Critic

Critic_Critic More Trophy Points Please

I liked it. :)

3. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

ThatManWithTheHeadband12 More Trophy Points Please

While it feels like some extension of a Nostalgia Critic cutaway (especially old school), I couldn't quite bring myself to post it in the NC Episodes thread like has been made for Pop Quiz Hotshot, Awesome Comics, Top 5, Awesome Build, and Tamara's shows. Even with this explanation I feel an asking "Why now?" is still very much warranted

4. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike More Trophy Points Please

Well to be fair Pop Quiz Hotshot actually featured the Nostalgia Critic as a host and wasn't a sketch but rather a new type of show that was actually paid for originally years back. Same with Awesome Comics (which also could at least be a review series) and Awesome Build and Tamara's shows are not only not really done by Doug at all but are either behind the scenes or general sort of review series. This just seems like a new sketch idea series... well "new" because this honestly feels a lot like a failed pilot for a sketch idea tried years back.

Yeah this seems like failed auditions round two of trying to fit one type of character or scenario with another. Though I think this works better because this one tries going much more all out with the idea. Like instead of "hey let's try to have one character fail to fit into another scenario" it's "let's just mesh these two things and see how they work" and I admit I found it amusing. I think it also helps that Rob's doing the writing for this because Rob seems more like someone who likes to strike closer to the source of satire to mine jokes from it then Doug which for this sort of idea works best. I could see them actually doing more of these mash ups and if they're as off as Silence of the Lambs and Winnie the Pooh I'd be down for it. Hell I'm down for the fact the team is actually trying random sketches again which we haven't gotten since.... what 2013 right? Can't think of really any others in the last few years.

5. Gurning Chimp

Gurning Chimp More Trophy Points Please

Oh fuck, another soon to be failed series.

I'm sure HISHE did this. Better too.