Planned All Along, My Video Game Review Blog

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Iamabrawler, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Iamabrawler

Iamabrawler More Trophy Points Please

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Part 3)
    Darn! I forgot to post my next part of review this morning! Well... better late then never.
    In Apollo Justice's third case, we have a woman from a faraway land with an incredible singing voice, a blind pianist, a large manager/bodyguard, a rocking prosecutor, and a guitarist with a pompadour that simply invites crude jokes.

2. Iamabrawler

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Part 4)
    Here it is, the final case in Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney! This grand case combines, once more, two cases that become strangely connected. Having Déjà Vu perhaps?

3. Iamabrawler

Apolo Justice: Ace Attorney (Part 5)
    The grand conclusion of these five weeks of Ace Attorney!
    Join me as we go through the MASON System, which lets one view events of the past and the present... often resulting in impossible things! And let's fid out who our final killer is!

4. Iamabrawler

Starbomb (Starbomb Album)
    ...I'm sorry. To fans of the Game Grumps, I'm sorry, for those who don't like crude humor, I'm sorry, and to anyone expecting a good review, I'm also sorry.

5. Iamabrawler

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Part 1)
    Time for more No More Heroes! With the announcement of a possible third game being released for the Switch, I decided to review the second title in the series, Desperate Struggle.

What kind of weird-as-Hell combatants will Travis encounter this time?

6. Iamabrawler

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Part 2)
    Travis's quest resumes today, as he deals with Assassins 24 to... 10? Wait, what's that? Assassins 9 and 8 go down too... and they're killed by Shinobu? ...And you get to control her?

AWESOME!

7. Iamabrawler

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Part 3)
    (Should have been posted yesterday)
    Travis is still on this personal quest of his, and this section of the game sees him defeat assassins 7, 4, 3 and 2. What happened to assassins 5 and 6? Don't worry about those, Travis's brother deals with them off-camera.
    He also deals with an abomination made of Travis's anime preferences, so...

8. Iamabrawler

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Part 4)
    Heading off to the final battle of No More Heroes 2! Will Travis defeat Jasper Batt Jr.?
    I mean, it's the last boss of this very meta-aware game, I am certain that Batt has a couple weird tricks up his sleeves...
    Wait, what's that? Sylvia is visiting Travis? ...This will either be catastrophic or alluring.

9. Iamabrawler

Steam Pack 3
    Includes the games: "7 Grand Steps, Step 1: What Ancients Begat", "AI War: Fleet Command", "The Astonishing Game" and "Caveman World: Mountains of Unga Boonga"
    Four games this morning: Three puzzle games (at the top), a platformer (at the bottom). Three games that had at least some thought put into them (at the top), one that is sold cheaply and also looks and plays like a cheap game (at the bottom). Four disappointments... though I wasn't expecting much for the bottom one.

10. Iamabrawler

Bastion
    Rucks delivers his thoughts on the grand adventure lived by the Kid during the Calamity... so, exactly as he did within the game itself.

11. Iamabrawler

Chroma Squad! (Part 1)
    Today, I talk about a video game that is about the making of a TV show that is, well.... Power Rangers. Yeah, definitely Power Rangers. What kind of problems can there be for a little production team in making their own Tokusatsu series?

...aside from risking being sued by Saban, because Japanese companies don't understand the concept of parody, apparently...

12. Iamabrawler

Chroma Squad (Part 2)
    I continue and finish my look at Chroma Squad today. Seasons 3, 4, 5 and the final episode (so, the... "movie", I guess?)
    Season 3's overarching plot is thew team's Lead getting an ego, Season 4 sees the surprise arrival of an extra character... and Season 5 branches off into 3 different paths based on how one ended Season 4.
    Will the power of pop culture triumph?

13. Iamabrawler

2064: Read Only Memories (Part 1)
    2064: Read Only Memories is a point-and-click game that defies the "no social issues in games" mentality. And honestly, that's for the better, because this game's plot is quite awesome.

Though I'd say Turing has a tendency for upstaging whoever they're with, as shown in my titlecard...

The review is in Part 1. You can skip Part 2 if you want as it'll be an exploration of the themes in the game.

14. Iamabrawler

2064: Read Only Memories (Part 2)
    SPOILER ALERT - This is an article studying various plot points of 2064: Read Only Memories. If you don't want to find out about some major events of the game's story, don't read.
    But if you don't mind being spoiled, come and read what I have to say about gender and orientation in their depiction of the year 2064, the case of Hybrids versus the Human Revolution, the "Big Brother" subplot, and machine sentience. Have fun!

15. Iamabrawler

Castle of Illusion
    (Posting this late because of my work and sleep schedule)
    Disney's Castle of Illusion: Starring Mickey Mouse, HD Remix (which I'll shorten to Castle of Illusion, for Pete's sake) is the 2013 2.5D remake of an old Sega Genesis game starring Mickey Mouse. Improvements all over, 3D sections, cutscenes...and clearly, its developers took inspiration from another famous SEGA series for MANY elements of the remake.