Random Video Game Thoughts/Questions

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Fluffyman, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Anchang-Style

Anchang-Style Well-Known Member

Man playing Pillars of Eternity and it's rather suprising how closely this game is related to Baldurs Gate and how much the gameplay mechanics are different...in a bad way. Not only is the AI barely working, but you can't expect the simpelest self awareness. Some will keep using their firearms despite someone i hacking them with a sword. Your AI will constantly forget it's targets and just stand there, the mess that the dark battles can quickly turn to, you often don't realise that you have 5 folks just chilling. Just everything: skill system is a complete mystery with regards to whats imprtant? What do all the stats even mean? What do the weapon bonuses even mean? Why does every class have a drastically different way of working the skills and why are they all horribly complicated? What was so bad about learn spell / skill and use spell skill. Now you have chanter who does something with phrase counts. Main gripe you have Endurance and HP...your HP rises with levels, your endurance doesn't. Problem is your endurance is what really counts since it's what gets hurt first, 0 endurance on everyone means they are all dead. No way to revive and no real way to heal (or maybe i didn't see amon the 5000 different useless skills your charas get even early on).
    I would rather play Baldurs Gate 2 again.

2. CarterTheMartyr

CarterTheMartyr More Trophy Points Please

I've been playing Vampire: The Masquerade, it's magnificent.

3. Fluffyman

Fluffyman More Trophy Points Please

Looks like there is a bit of PlaytestedUnknown for PUBG on Xbox One...

4. Fluffyman

5. Lt.Havoc

Lt.Havoc More Trophy Points Please

The Jimquisition Game of the Year Awards 2017

6. Thatkidwiththekeyblade

Thatkidwiththekeyblade Active Member

I know it seems VERY unlikely and a little too modern for this series but I would love to see an Assassin’s Creed take place in Vietnam. Mostly because that War fascinated me the most.

7. Anno Nimus

Anno Nimus More Trophy Points Please

It'd be interesting to see a Vietnam-era video game, preferably as a subversion of the standard military power fantasy. I'd do something where the player character gets a career-ending injury in the second-to-last mission, and the final part of the game is your crippled character marching in an anti-war protest and getting beaten up by cops.

8. Thatkidwiththekeyblade

So far the closest we get to a Vietnam game is Black Ops.

And I guess Platoon on NES

9. Rodro

Rodro Well-Known Member

Well, part of this thing took place in Vietnam, if I remember correctly from some of the gameplays I watched back in the day...

You might think that calling this a videogame is an insult... and you wouldn't be wrong. Happy New Year!

10. Thatkidwiththekeyblade

I have that game on PS3...yeah it’s shit.

11. Lt.Havoc

Top Ten Shittiest Games Of 2017 (The Jimquisition)

12. Lt.Havoc

Life Of Black Tiger Trailer Steals Music With Sony's Silent Endorsement

13. Rodro

Rodro Well-Known Member

Life of Black Tiger is 2017... why does it feel like way older? And I don't mean the graphics, I mean I feel like watching Sterling's video on it many ages ago. Weird.

14. Pallet

Pallet More Trophy Points Please

Earlier last month, I was in Toys R Us and they had a large bin of Skylanders for around $.50 each. Ouch.

15. Fluffyman

So I decided to get Doom on the Switch. Although it's half the frame-rate and some textures are blurry it still does feel like it retains a lot of the game in it, even when it only has like a 1/5th of the required install of the other console counterparts.

16. Thatkidwiththekeyblade

Started getting into PC gaming, as well as strategy gaming with Starcraft. Really enjoying it. I want to check out the Total War series soon. I can tell I’m missing a lot.

17. Lt.Havoc

Talent Is An Asset (The Jimquisition)

18. Fluffyman

A Metal Gear Solid related video in a video series about breaking video game boundaries, beyond what you see while playing featuring... Hayter? HAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYTER!

19. Thatkidwiththekeyblade

I read some YouTube comments on Angryjoe’s most disappointing games of 2017 that have people saying “microtransactions from this game have been removed, the game is fun now”. I read shit like that all the time and as a gamer it doesn’t really have an effect on me whatsoever.

You can remove and patch whatever you want but it doesn’t change the fact that the damage has already been done on release. The game should be great from the get go! It shouldn’t be a great game LATER! developers shouldn’t have to listen to what people are saying once the game is released, they should figure this shit out themselves BEFORE releasing said game. Because by the time they removed something or patch something, people have pretty much stopped giving a shit!

20. Fluffyman

I saw someone put Star Wars Battlefront II on the top of the Worst Games of 2017 list precisely because of the awful behavior of EA and the Microtransactions. There were games last year that were technically and gameplay-wise far worse, but it appears the awful way to trying to bleed people's wallets can hurt more.

21. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf More Trophy Points Please

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy provides great visuals, and engaging chemistry between Chloe and Nadine. If I had to find a fault, I'd point out that the gameplay doesn't do much to reinvent the wheel of A Thief's End, and that the short length makes it hard for me to call the story compelling. I'd call The Lost Legacy the fourth-best Uncharted game I've played, but my third favorite.

22. Pallet

Pallet More Trophy Points Please

23. Fluffyman

Y'know with the Wii U games coming to the Switch, I'd really think it'd be cool for Super Mario Maker to make the jump and like make a more enhanced version, though it would be rather difficult to make it the same way since the game would be without dual screens.

24. CarterTheMartyr

CarterTheMartyr More Trophy Points Please

A Born on the Fourth of July game, I'm down.

25. Lt.Havoc

Grand Theft Adelaide (The Jimquisition)