Samurai Jack returns!!!

Discussion in 'TV' started by Thatkidwiththekeyblade, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Fluffyman

Fluffyman More Trophy Points Please

2. Enrique Cardona

Enrique Cardona Member

Boy that this week Samurai Jack's episode became very dramatic, despite Aku's funny intro.

3. Fancyarcher

Fancyarcher Well-Known Member

Just watched the second episode. It was just as superb as the first. Excellent animation all-around and seeing Samurai Jack being chased by Aku's daughter, in typical Samurai Jack fashion with no dialogue was an amazing sequence.

4. Daikun

Daikun Well-Known Member

...and yet he did.

5. thatchickwithlonghair

thatchickwithlonghair Member

Only watched the first two eps yesterday; IT WAS F*CKING AMAZING.

I will be watching this every Saturday night, that's for sure. Doug needs to watch this show too.

I felt sad for the wuf at the end. D: But seeing Aku's therapy session was gold. XD

"HE JUST GREW THAT STUPID BEARD!" Really, Aku's disgusted silent face is enough to make me laugh out loud; he doesn't even need to say anything. Classic Tartakovsky :D

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    JimB likes this.
  6. Stoopid Sockhead

Stoopid Sockhead More Trophy Points Please

Just saw the first two episodes on Google Play
    and I have to say that it went to a spectacular
    start and can't wait for more.

Seriously, the fight scene in the second episode was really intense and after he took that Daughter of Aku's life I don't know what he'll do next. He really wasn't messing
    around here.

I noticed how Jack was genuinely surprised on how it was an actual person he took on as opposed to his typical foes like the robot assassins. It will be a big game hanger and maybe it will change Jack's perspective on how he'll carry on with the mission?

"Just Nuts and Bolts, Just Nuts and Bolts"

7. Fluffyman

Well this week was very... red and white...

In real life Jack would likely be much weaker from blood loss and that wound would have been severely infected. Also is it really good idea to pull out a knife, wouldn't that make it worse?

I do like the wolf returning, even giving Jack a bit of warmth, a bright moment in a sea of darkness.

And another beautiful fight, the start of which really put me in mind of "Jack vs. The Ninja", I kind of wished they went a bit further with the blinding white though.

So it now makes 4 out of the 7 Aku Daughters have confirmed onscreen deaths, with the other three including Ashi getting a Disney death so who knows if they're completely out. I mean it's obvious Jack will survive his plunge, who is to say they won't?

And now I found another image for my signature!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  8. Enrique Cardona

Enrique Cardona Member

The flashback of Jack as a kid really puts much emotion because it most be a repressed memory.

9. Fancyarcher

Just saw the latest episode. Man, was that incredible. Excellent animation and it was great to see us explore Jack's past even further, even if it was only for a few scenes.

Plus the opening with Jack drifting away in the water, with no dialogue, and blood flowing out of him. Just plain perfection.

10. Stoopid Sockhead

Pretty damn good episode, I agree with you on how Jack
    should've been through worse conditions.

"I actually kind of cringed when I saw Jack pull the knife out of his abdomen. Luckily, it's just a cartoon because if it real life he would severely bleed out. Also, I'm surprised that he recovered that quickly from such serious wounds in what appeared to be a few day. Still, I guess the time portal would provide rapid healing abilities, too. You may never know."

11. Fluffyman

12. Fluffyman

[​IMG]
    Yeah this turned out to be a lie. My guess though, this promo was made by people who weren't even aware of the plan or before Adult Swim made the decision to marathon the season three premiere of Rick and Morty.

13. Fluffyman

It's now official we're going to have to wait until next week.

14. JimB

JimB More Trophy Points Please

Shit, next episode will be AWESOME!

(Can't talk about this episode because my DVR didn't record it after Comedy Central fucked up last week with Rick and Morty, so I only caught the last four minutes. I hope episodes are on the website or something.)

15. Fluffyman

Well this episode had some fucked up biology... like I'm still trying to comprehend that thing's whole digestive system.

Yeah Ashi not dead people were right, and becomes an unwilling tag-along. It will be intriguing how they go from here, particularly after that ladybug part.

Also put into an odd butt pose, though obviously not the only thing on the fetish checklist in this episode...
    [​IMG]

Next week...

16. Fancyarcher

Just saw the latest installment and thought it was a superb episode. A nice refreshing change from last week's heavy episode. It was great to see more humor, especially Jack being sarcastic and self-aware even while being in the belly of the beast (I've gotten out before), and it was cool to get a little perspective of how Ashi, one of the daughters of Aku, actually acts and thinks, even if that overall plot element was a bit repetitive.

It's also interesting to note that Jack talks more in this episode then usual. I think adds to his character at this point, though.

The art was terrific as ever as well, especially during the underwater sequences when we saw the sea creature. Overall it was another great episode.

17. Fluffyman

Well...
    Scotsman, NOOOOOOO! :arghh

Oh he's a ghost now, I guess it works out. And also has an army of daughters... wow he must have been pretty busy in 50 years.

Ashi is definitely developing along nicely, no longer "DIE JACK DIE" and actually is willing to help him, even if he's not so willing himself. I will say it does feel a bit rushed but I guess because they have five episodes left, they got to.

Aw, man Jack in a broken place now, if only he had stayed a few seconds longer. :(

Also Pimp outfit Jack

[​IMG]

Movie-Brat likes this.
  18. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat More Trophy Points Please

Pretty much she's become my favorite character of the entire season who isn't Jack or Aku. Which is why I'm pleased to see what will come next week.

I hope we'll see more of the Scotsman's daughters again. I'm surprised they 86'd him admittedly but it's funny seeing Aku not just giving a fuck even when he kills on cold blood.

19. Fluffyman

Another thing, when Jack explains the origins of the Cosmos it kind of put me in mind of a sequence in the episode of Dexter's Laboratory "A Hard Day's Day" where DeeDee explains to Dexter why he is off his game is an astrological reason.

Stoopid Sockhead likes this.
  20. Movie-Brat

Is that based on an actual Japanese folk tale, fairy tale? I know that Momotaro story he explained in that Jack and the Baby episode.

Also,
    another great shot from tonight's episode?

[​IMG]

21. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

ThatManWithTheHeadband12 More Trophy Points Please

I want to believe the Scotsman and Splinter are having a drink somewhere

22. Stoopid Sockhead

Well, I finally saw the latest episode of SJ:
    I liked how Ashi is finally trying to open herself up and question everything she was "taught" as a child leading the way.
    Basically going around everywhere where Aku caused carnage
    and Jack telling her that "evil is good, and good is evil" and will
    destroy anything that's good. Really shows how how much we
    love Aku as a villain, he's still a force to be reckon with.

Really excited for what happens next, also how many damn kids
    does the Scotsman have?! Is the whole entire battilion against Aku
    his children, too? Or just his daughters?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  23. Fluffyman

CONTINUITY OVERLOAD!

Ashi coming across the people Jack has helped in the past was a loving touch to fans of the old show, especially Da Samurai, who this time has the voice of Keegan Michael-Key who previously worked with the creator of the show on Hotel Transylvania 2.

And also some brief appearances by Zorak, Astro, and a robotic looking Popeye.

Yeah a guy with a penis-head, not something you would have gotten away with on Y7.

Ashi was naked this whole time... jeebus talk about surviving the elements.

Glad to know Jack is getting back in the game, it truly does feel like we're getting near the end now.

24. Movie-Brat

What's funny to me is throughout the episode, it's very apparent that if
    Aku didn't send Jack in the future, he probably never would have made the impact on everyone he came across that would consider him a savior.

And aside from the fact that I love this being an Ashi centered episode,
    it's a very good trip down memory lane but also as a way for new viewers to be kept up to speed about who Jack is to everyone else in regards to what he's done to earn a reputation as the bane of Aku's existence.

I never did see the DJ Samurai episode though and I did feel Demongo's inclusion was a bit pointless but hey, it still works. And it seems like Jack is truly back. :)

25. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

26. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

27. Fluffyman

28. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

29. Fancyarcher

Just watched the latest episode. I was a little worried that it was gonna turn into a clip-show episode, but it really become an episode showing Samurai Jack's exploits and how he's managed to change / help others. Great episode! Demongo's appearance was hilarious.

30. Stoopid Sockhead

Damn, the last episode had some pretty dark moments (Especially near the end)! But luckily,
    it was able to balance itself out with some more
    optimistic scenes to really show how Jack made a difference in the world after all.

I think that's what make this show so successful is how it's able to balance itself out
    and be able to tell any kind of story no matter
    how it would fit in the narrative or how it's too
    silly/dramatic.

Plus, it has moments like this: