Spectrum Pulse: 'Brick Body Kids Still Daydream' by Open Mike Eagle

Discussion in 'Your Video Reviews' started by Silens_Cursor, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Silens_Cursor

Silens_Cursor Well-Known Member

The update crashes across the channel with Dunkirk, the newest Christopher Nolan war epic where I try to deconstruct its unique but oddly distancing structure and artistic choices.

2. Silens_Cursor

The update exchanges coffee and cigarettes over The Autobiography by Vic Mensa, his weirdly compromised but occasionally promising and likable full-length debut project.

3. Silens_Cursor

The update finds the right timbre and counts the pixels with Paul by Eric Taxxon, where the electronic producer doubles down on synthpop and queer sexuality and finds something tender, intimate, and pretty great.

4. Silens_Cursor

The update finds the spot between too early and too late on Written At Night by Uncommon Nasa, where he brings together his largest crew to date for a remarkably cohesive, meaty record exploring artistic evolution - one of the best hip-hop releases of 2017.

5. Silens_Cursor

The update drags Godzilla to the spaceship on Rainbow by Kesha, where the pop star triumphantly makes a colourful - if transitional - comeback.

6. Silens_Cursor

The update is looting that booty with Oh, Yuck by So Much Light, where I try to untangle a weird math rock-inflected genre fusion that doesn't stick the landing.

7. Silens_Cursor

The update is living in the moment to feel it still with Woodstock by Portugal. The Man, where I discuss the cynical mainstream breakout of this long-running psychedelic indie group.

8. Silens_Cursor

The update pitches the snake oil with Known Unknowns by billy woods, where I finally dig into the veteran New York MC's most accessible but still somewhat frustrating record.

9. Silens_Cursor

The update feeds the machine, poisons the parish, and finds a vista with To The Bone by Steven Wilson, where along with Nickelback, Seether, and Hell Or Highwater, I talk rock music on my first 2017 vacation vlog!

10. Silens_Cursor

The update finds dark visuals with no culture with Painted Ruins by Grizzly Bear, where along with Mew, Royal Blood, and Mother Mother I talk about a lot of indie rock on the second 2017 vacation vlog!

11. Silens_Cursor

The update always loses the pleasure with Science Fiction by Brand New, where along with At The Drive-In, Single Mothers, and The Gospel Youth I dig through a lot of punk on the third 2017 vacation vlog!

12. Silens_Cursor

The update is god's problem child any night in Texas with Villains by Queens of the Stone Age, where along with Willie Nelson, Jon Wolfe and Parmalee I discuss country and Nashville on the fourth 2017 vacation vlog!

13. Silens_Cursor

The update ventures north across the country with A Deeper Understanding by The War On Drugs, where along with self-titled records from Bedouine, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, and Brett Eldredge, I discuss a whole lot more country on the fifth 2017 vacation vlog!

14. Silens_Cursor

The update has never left the landmark with Saturation II by BROCKHAMPTON, where along with albums from Fifth Harmony, Snoop Dogg, G Perico, and Hippo Campus I finish up my sixth and final 2017 vacation vlog!

15. Silens_Cursor

The update changes its mind for an emotional haircut on american dream by LCD Soundsystem, where I return to my regularly defined position for a lukewarm review on a critically beloved comeback.

16. Silens_Cursor

The update lives each day in a world big enough for all on Bravado by Kirin J. Callinan, where I finally dig into this campy 90s send-up exploring masculine archetypes - and it's awesome.

17. Silens_Cursor

The update hits unlimited rhymes out of a dream with Perfection Is by Brazy Da Bo$$, where I dissect this Baltimore MC's most varied and polished project yet.

18. Silens_Cursor

The update avoids the nonexistent snipers with Detroit, another unscripted film review where I discuss the frustrating framing and heavy-handed messaging that somehow fails to pack a real punch in this dramatization of the 1967 Detroit Algiers Motel case.

19. Silens_Cursor

The update is hammering its head against the wall with Broken Machine by Nothing But Thieves, a frustratingly derivative and basic sophomore album that's perfect for mainstream rock radio. That's not a compliment.

20. Silens_Cursor

The update breaks through the coffee table with Antisocialites by Alvvays, where I discuss this group's strong, heartfelt - albeit looser - follow-up to their star-making debut.

21. Silens_Cursor

The update only dreams in total darkness with Sleep Well Beast by The National, where I find myself disappointed and in the minority on this critically acclaimed indie rock release.

22. Silens_Cursor

The update hopes you all float with IT (2017), another unscripted movie review where I discuss the terrific new Stephen King remake - or well, the first half of it.

23. Silens_Cursor