Upcoming Episodes

Discussion in 'Linkara' started by Linkara, Jan 23, 2009.

1. gellielfson

gellielfson Active Member

Since Lewis will be done with Nightmare on Elm Street comics this year, I wonder what franchise he'll focus on for the next 3 years. I'm hoping it'll be either Alien, Predator, or Evil Dead.

2. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike More Trophy Points Please

It closed out the first year of 2012, The sequel of that comic closed out the second year in 2013.

Well remember next year is the 10th Anniversary which Linkara has said sans Patreon episodes will all be sequels in a sense to comics previously covered on the show. So what I think he'll do next year is a comic each week on Silent Hill, Thing, and Nightmare along with a clone saga look and maybe something else but I think we'll only start the 3 year look at a franchise in 2019, not next year. Oh also...

... Yeah okay because the state of the wall updated what next month's will be now.

11/6 – Marvel Comics #1 (Namor)
    THOUGHTS: Yeah I have to admit this is a weird choice in some sense since I would swear Linkara would of done a secret origin on either Black Panther or maybe the original Guardians of the Galaxy since you know they're more in the public eye now but guess he wants to hit the first technical Marvel hero. Yeah technically even before Captain America, Namor the Sub Mariner and the original Human Torch (an andriod) were created for Timely comics which eventually became Marvel. Obvious Steve Rogers wound up surviving into the modern age and becoming a beloved super hero but not so much for the other two. Original Human Torch is a novelty who hasn't really done much especially since Fantastic Four became a much more popular brand name. While Namor... the guy is still around and has connections to the Marvel Universe (ironically enough with the Fantastic Four as I first heard of him in that Fantastic Four World's Greatest Heroes cartoon which showed like the comics he has a thing for Sue Storm) but he isn't really in the public eye. Ironically enough due to rights issues which prevent him from being in the MCU but also seems like no one else is going to do anything for him which is kind of sad. Especially since he's the first ocean themed super hero (yeah this guy outdates Aquaman) and is the last of stars of the 1960's Marvel super hero shows to get any focus so... guess Lewis wanted to go with an older classic to really talk about.

11/13 – No new episode. Taking a break.
    THOUGHTS: Yeah that's right we're not getting an episode the second week in November. What could Lewis be doing that is far more important then producing content and taking his first honest scheduled break in 9 years? Getting married. Yeah he and Viga (whose appeared in a few episodes of AT4W specifically the MLP Patreon requested reviews and is the host of Idols of Anime and Viga Love Comics) are tying the knot and the well wishes and happiness to them. And kind of obvious Lewis is going to be busy with... well the million and one things that likely go into planning and being involved in a wedding that prevents him from working on an episode. And hey the guy has even made up for weeks he's "missed" before so him having one off for something like this is more then understandable and again all the well wishes to him for that. So thus why this Secret Origins is rather lacking due to obviously having to focus on other things then making four episodes. We are getting another Secret origins and it is a rather appropriate one at least...

11/20 – Brave and the Bold #28 (Justice League)
    THOUGHTS: Yup what is said to pretty much be the official beginning of the Justice League in their gathering against Starro the Conqueror with the first apperaance of Snapper Carr... character we likely won't see in the DCEU in any real form anytime soon. Heck the original JL line up is different to as instead of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg it's Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter. To be fair not even the most famous and best IMHO take on JL the animated series got the full line up (as there we had Hawkgirl as one of the original 7 and only some appearances of Aquaman in the first 3 seasons before the character got shelved due to the always dumbass rights issues BS) So I guess having... 5/7 isn't the worst thing. Though that and having a patreon request and a wedding is probably why we aren't getting a secret origin episode for the only JL member not yet covered on AT4W: J'onn J'onzz who again is the Martian Manhunter who even with appearing in Supergirl is still probably the least known member right now but eh should still be fun Linkara covering this classic outing. I never read it but like Fantastic Four it has one of those covers that even if you aren't a comic fan you should of seen by now... though I mostly say that having seen it spoofed by Sonic the Hedgehog comics years back.

11/27 – PATREON: Kamen Rider Fourze Episodes 1-4
    THOUGHTS: And to close out the month Linkara is taking a Patreon request so this person won't have their review pushed all the way into next year of the first four episodes of a Kamen Rider series. Specifically the 2011 series which... I don't really know anything about Kamen Rider honestly. Kind of sad Marzgurl isn't on the site anymore as she was the big Kamen Rider fan of the site outside of JewWario... now I'm even more sad but uh it should still be some super hero sentai fun worth going over I.... guess. I admit I don't get some of these sentai picks people always ask for honestly but hope they get a lot out of these reviews since I just scratch my head about them.

So not the best Secret Origins month ever but for understandable reason and again still giving something worth checking out all through November.

3. ThatManWithTheHeadband12

ThatManWithTheHeadband12 More Trophy Points Please

The Viga-Linkara wedding will be adapted into a comic book and be reviewed on November 12 2019

4. gellielfson

Yeah, Namor is a weird choice. If I had to choose one Marvel, I would've gone with Wolverine like someone else said, but oh well.
    I did not know about all the comics next year being sequels. If he does sequels to those series for Halloween, then he has quite a few choices for Nightmare, one for Thing (a prequel comic, I think), and 3 or 4 for Silent Hill.

5. JonahFalcon

JonahFalcon Active Member

"with the first apperaance of Snapper Carr... character we likely won't see in the DCEU in any real form anytime soon."

He's in the Supergirl TV series. :p

6. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat More Trophy Points Please

Namor's a classic however.

7. Volvagia423

Volvagia423 Active Member

Okay, with this Secret Origins Month announced, I'm going to guess that the four week version of this would probably look like...:

11/06: Detective Comics #225 (Martian Manhunter)
    11/13: Marvel Comics #1 (Namor)
    11/20: The Brave and the Bold #28 (Justice League)
    11/27: Marvel Super-Heroes #18 (Guardians of the Galaxy, 1969 Version)
    (Note: First Year of Reasonably Assumable Eligibility for (all of these will be ordered in currently perceivable importance) Luke Cage, Ghost Rider, The Cat/Tigra's First Origin, Adam Warlock and Werewolf by Night.)

But, we have what we have. What does this mean for the next three Origins blocks?

2018:

1: Fantastic Four #52 (Black Panther)
    2: Detective Comics #225 (Martian Manhunter)
    3: Tales to Astonish #13 (Groot)
    4: Flash Comics #86 (Black Canary)
    (First year of reasonably assumable eligibility for Drax the Destroyer, Mantis, Blade and Shang-Chi.)

2019:

1: Marvel Super-Heroes #12-13 (Marvel's Captain Marvel and Carol Danvers)
    2: Detective Comics #359 (Barbara Gordon)
    3: The Incredible Hulk #181 (Wolverine) (First hero covered in first, reasonably assumable, year of eligibility.)
    4: The Flash #110 (Wally West)
    (First year of reasonably assumable eligibility for Wolverine, The Punisher, Iron Fist and Tigra.)

2020:

1: Marvel Super-Heroes #18 (Guardians of the Galaxy, 1969 Team)
    2: My Greatest Adventure #80 (Doom Patrol)
    3: Giant Size X-Men #1 (Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus)
    4: Doom Patrol #99 (Beast Boy)
    (First year of reasonably assumable eligibility for Gamora, Moon Knight and the Giant Size X-Men.)

8. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat More Trophy Points Please

There's only going to be two Secret Origins episodes.

9. Volvagia423

I said WOULD look like, because that one's just an innocuous guess, mostly in jest. I even say "We have what we have" afterward. AND I have both of the ones that probably would have happened this year, but didn't, get displaced into the guesses below that.

10. gellielfson

Would it be wrong to have an all female heroes month for 2019 with Captain Marvel, Black Canary, Batgirl, and Scarlet Witch?

11. Volvagia423

Mmm, an all female month is a cool idea in theory, but, in practice, the problem is if he wanted to do a month strictly on female superhero origins that year and not cover things in a natural flow, he'd essentially have to switch out both of your Marvel suggestions. I am viewing Carol Danvers' superhero origin as ineligible until 2022 and Scarlet Witch doesn't have her origin to herself (that issue is also her brother's origin, after all), so she's basically ineligible for an all female month gimmick. The Avengers #83 (Valkyrie) and The Claws of The Cat #1? (Tigra Origin 1. Yes, she has 2.)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017 at 9:33 PM