The Inspiration for the 2nd and 3rd Animated Titanic Movies?

Published by JAM4077 in the blog JAM4077's blog. Views: 14

Sorry that I haven't done a blog for some time, but I've been busy with other things. Also, I couldn't think of anything that was worth blogging about...until now. For last Christmas, I got my hands on James Cameron's Titanic on Blu-Ray. I was recently watching the Titanic parodies that come with the bonus features of the Blu-Ray when a couple of light bulbs start going off in my head.
While watching the 1998 MTV Movie Awards' skit where Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn pitch ideas for a Titanic 2, before that was a thing, to Director James Cameron, some of the ideas they were pitching reminded me of The Legend of the Titanic and its sequel, Tentacolino. These ideas included everyone surviving the Titanic, undersea community where the survivors live and an octopus garden. If you don't believe me, watch the beginning part of the skit. Tell me if don't conjure images of those 2 animated Titanic movies for those of you who have either seen those movies or have watched the Nostalgia Critic's reviews of them like I have.

I could not believe my ears when I heard these ideas and how they matched with some of the nonsense that took place in those films. And what makes this even more interesting, The Legend of the Titanic came out in 1999; that's one year after this skit.

Let me know what you think of this madness in the comments below.
You need to be logged in to comment