Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. [​IMG]

Click me!
  2. [​IMG]

more info

Personally, I would like to see a chrome version or fire version of the amiibo.
  3. Square Enix released details, videos and screenshot for their upcoming original mobile title Mevius Final Fantasy. This will be the first HD Final Fantasy title to be released for smartphones with an estimated Japanese release date of Spring 2015.

The player will take control of the protagonist soon after he arrives on a strange world and will be guided by a bodiless being called the “Voice.” A Moogle, name unknown, appears in the screenshots and video as, what looks like to be, the protagonist’s acquaintance. This game will contain some old features as well as some new ones.

See More:
    http://pixelhypegaming.com/mevius-final-fantasy-square-enixs-ambitious-mobile-final-fantasy/
  4. Beta details have emerged for the highly anticipated Street Fighter V, along with a video revealing the return of a Street Fighter veteran, Charlie Nash.

Beta details are still vague, but Capcom expects for the beta to be “the largest and most ambitious online beta program in franchise history.” The beta will be released for PC and PlayStation 4 and will be collecting data and feedback to make sure this is the best installment of the Street Fighter franchise.

Gamers in North America can get into the beta by pre-ordering Street Fighter V, but no dates for a beta in other territories have been announced. More details about the beta will be released on a future date, according to Capcom.

Check out the video to see Charlie Nash’s new look. Are you all excited about the return of Charlie? What other characters do you all hope will appear in this installment of Street Fighter?

http://pixelhypegaming.com/street-fighter-v-beta-on-the-way/
  5. See Full Entry here

A ruthless sex-fiend, Tammy Swanson (Tammy II) from Parks and Recreation is what every “sexy librarian” would be if they couldn’t turn it off in the real world.
    She is a master of sexual seduction that Ron Swanson cannot deny-and she uses his desires to her full advantage. She is as Ron describes, a “manipulative, psychotic, library book peddling, sex crazed, she-demon.” Tammy first appears in "Ron and Tammy", when she lays claims to Lot 48 in order to expand the library to another branch. A bit of trivia: The actress who portrays Tammy 2, Megan Mullally is actually married to Nick Offerman, who portrays Ron Swanson.

Librarian Stereotypes says, “For women working in the field, the ‘sexy librarian’ is perhaps the most demeaning, infuriating stereotype because it degrades the woman from being a normal person doing their job to a sex object that is there only to look pretty. As such, this stereotype seems to be the one hardest to overcome for me personally, but also for the profession overall.”

I actually really disagree with this notion.

Even though Tammy II is an over-sexualized bitch, she shows that librarians have a wide range of personalities. She is also quite a strong and interesting character that watches out for her own interest and the interests of those who work for her. Her sexualized stereotype is so over done that it is absurd! It takes the stereotype and does not forward the notion but instead pokes fun at the very idea of the “over-sexed” librarian.

What do you think??
  6. [​IMG]

There is a whole lot of post-apocalyptic hysteria going through today’s pop-cuture. From the Walking Dead/Last of Us zombie craze all the way to the Divergent/Hunger Games Orwell-did-it-better worlds, for some reason modern viewers want to see what happens next. I don’t know if this is a craze of a fantasy future or is people are really seeing the end times coming.

Naturally, my plans in the post-apocalyptic survival involve a library. That is the only reason I ask: What does happen to all the libraries?

Within the post-apocalyptic literature, there seems to be two different types of future. One has a more fend-for-yourself/everything-is-destroyed/all-your-friends-and-family are gone feel. The other has the 1984 and Big Brother situation. My view of the apocalypse is the first one. If something happens, everyone will panic.

what happens to the libraries?! What happens to knowledge?! In a world where most of our items are stored in a cloud, what happens when the electronics all run out of charge?

Enter two of my favorite, and extremely unappreciated librarians: 3 and 4 from the animated movie 9.

[​IMG]

For those of you who are not familiar with the movie, 9 began as a short film by Shane Aker and was quickly gobbled up by Tim Burton and his crew. Premireing on 9-9-09, the movie begins after the humans have all been destroyed by a toxic gas war. Only the machines remain.

[​IMG]

In the final days, a scientist mixed technology and magic to transfer bits of his soul into 9 poppets in order to live on and rebuild humanity…..somehow. The movie is not one for details and has some huge holes. However, its animation and voice acting are sublime. Its typical Tim Burton creepy feel also makes it totally worth watching if at least once!

Talk about a dire situation. There are literally no humans left on the planet. There is no one left to spread the knowledge to. But these two work tirelessly to catalog the apocalypse anyway, using their own system that functions despite the lack of computers and despite the fact that they are the size of a soda bottle. Just take a look at the following clip to get a feel for it:

I find it inspiring that when the scientist transferred his soul into the poppets, he had to use two of them to fill up his thirst for knowledge and preservation of information. If I was to transfer my soul, I too would hope to fill more than one doll with my skillz.

Let’s just say that in a future that looks this bleak, I am glad to know that the twins will be there to make sure that the knowledge of humanity will live on.

[​IMG]

Me when I see someone good-looking
  7. As I was reading through my Tumblr, I came across an article by the Huffington Post called “America Lacks Multicultural Literature.” Feel free to read it yourself; it is an interesting read: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tejas-desai/america-lacks-multicultur_b_5311322.html.

Though I agree that most of the protagonists and characters in American literature are white, I can off the top of my head think of some multicultural characters, especially in adult fiction which I will discuss in a later blog post.

Thinking younger, however, I have a more difficult time. Like a good amount of adults and teens (mainly female), I go through teen paranormal novels like candy. Amanda Hocking, Meg Cabot, Lauren Kate, Jessica Sorenson, and other authors are my dealers; their paranormal romances, my crack cocaine. I can usually go through one on a busy weekend or in a night if there is nothing else to do. Needless to say, my guilty pleasure has taken me through many, many young adult novels…....….not one of which had an African American protagonist.

When these high school protagonists are described, they are usually long-haired brunettes that are awkwardly lanky, most of them with notably “honey” eyes. Honey eyes are an extremely overused cliché that should never, ever be used. However, none of these girls, the fixations of the paranormal hottie who loves them beyond time and space, have any color.

I could never begin to tell you why this is, just that I have noticed it. Black girls don’t date vampires, werewolves, angels, what-have-you. Neither do any other minorities, such as Native Americans or Asians. Some may be Latina, but only in looks. I am near begging for a good paranormal romance in which the protagonist is not a white female from an upper-middle class family who usually has both of her parents in the picture.

For a genre that allows for so much diversity in their paranormal character: Vampire, werewolf, shifters, angels, ghosts, time travelers, elves, mermaids, selkies, etc, I just wish they did the same for the human character.

So, my question is, do you agree with me that there is a lack of racial diversity? Can you think of any true teenage paranormal romances with a Black/Native/Asian/Latina/Other race? Please feel free to post in the comments and I would love to read them!

Desai, T. (2014, May 12). America Lacks Multicultural Literature. The Huffington Post. Retrieved May 14, 2014, from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tejas-desai/america-lacks-multicultur_b_5311322.html

For further information on the author and further talk on multiculturalism in current literature, please visit my blog at the-new-pagemaster.blogspot