Want fun, but constructive blogs from fanboys with a lot of passion? Then you should read the Reckoning Reviewer's blog. Here you can see film reviews, top lists, and opinions on various topics. Everything here is 100% fanboy thoughts, and no less. Whether he's gushing all over his love for Star Wars, or raging about the latest crapfests, there is always personal fun to be had.
Color
Background color
Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. The Lego Ninjago Movie
    "I swear, there appear to be less and less Legos as these movies progress. What happened to the water being Lego?"
    IMG_0908.JPG
    The Lego Ninjago Movie is based off of the Ninjago line from Lego, and ever since the first Lego Movie back in 2014, I was excited to see how this franchise would go. Well, it isn't as good as the original Lego Movie, or the Lego Batman Movie from earlier this year, and I know it's typical to say that, and it may be because I have a history with Legos, and Batman, but no history with Ninjago whatsoever. Those films kind of spoke to me, but this one doesn't quite have the same impact.
    There is a city called Ninjago, which is protected by a team of ninjas that battle the evil warlord, Garmadon. Lloyd, the green ninja is the leader, but he is also secretly the son of Garmadon, so everyone hates him for it. Then a giant cat attacks, and he has to resolve his daddy issues at the same time.
    I hate having to say this, but I do think the Lego Ninjago Movie is geared more towards kids, than adults. Sure, it doesn't completely alienate us, there are things in there that we can enjoy such as some stand-out adult humor and such, but still, the way this movie was made wasn't exactly as impressive as the previous two Lego Movies, which were films that worked well for both kids and adults. For this one, it does feel clear that kids will get more out of this movie than us, since some times it does resort to jokes appealing to the ten-year-olds in the crowd.
    That being said, I still got a good amount of enjoyment out of Lego Ninjago. The animation of these movies is consistently impressive, using CGI to convincingly replicate stop motion animation, it is a stand-out style that these movies have that I really hope they continue.
    As I said, it isn't as completely Lego as the first two movies. What I mean is, the first Lego Movie was a world entirely made out of Legos. No shortcuts were taken with that movie, they even made the water, the smoke, the sky itself into Legos. Then in Lego Batman they did admittedly take some shortcuts with things like the smoke, but it was still a mostly Lego world. For the world of Lego Ninjago, I feel they took too many shortcuts, there are elements of this movie that are not Lego at all, the water, the smoke, parts of the landscape even stick out like a sore thumb for not being Lego. I know not everyone who works with Lego has the time and patience to make every single thing Lego, but this is an animated movie, it does have the option to make an entirely Lego world.
    The opening of the movie itself was pretty confusing. Going into the film, and opening with that specific scene, I'm sure someone in the audience is sitting in confusion, wondering if they went to the wrong movie until the first time they see a Lego. (I may have accidentally spoiled that for you, but that was a really jarring opening.)
    The action scenes are pretty great though. Since it is a ninja movie, it would be a crime if the action was not up to our standards at least, but there is some greatly animated fighting scenes with the Lego ninjas, and the big mechs that the characters use at the beginning of the movie.
    Jackie Chan is in this movie as Master Wu, and of course, he is practically his usual greatness. He's both really funny, and he can fight really well. Even though he is animated, he does have the same skill we know him for.
    Olivia Munn is also in this movie as Lloyd's mom, and she was kind of a surprise when I first recognized her in her role. I'm sure a lot of you are aware that I adore Olivia Munn, and for those of you who aren't, well you know now, she's amazing and sexy. I wish she was my mother (do not take that the wrong way!). She's a fun part about this movie, especially as it goes on and we learn more about her.
    Garmadon was also a funny character in the movie. He is pretty much a big comedic cartoon villain cliche, but still, he is entertaining, and does stand out in the movie.
    Still, at the same time the ninja team itself is pretty underwhelming as leads. The story is mostly about Lloyd and his daddy issues, the rest of the team are a bunch of sidekicks with basic character traits. It wouldn't bother me so much if the point of the movie was about just Lloyd connecting with his father, but at the same time, the movie is also about the ninjas finding their own power, and Lloyd's center in the movie takes away from the other characters, so they don't get chances to shine on their own.
    At the same time, Lloyd and his father reconnecting is what leads to most of the film's best comedy moments.
    Also, giant kitty. I just have to say yes to that because, that was part of my excitement for the movie, when I heard that it would have a giant cat.

Still, if you had to pick one movie to see this weekend, I would still pick this one...because it isn't a horror film or sequel to an overhyped mess. I do still have hope for the Lego franchise, and whatever movie they have next for us. I give this movie a 6 out of 10 so it is worth watching.

Also, one more thing, isn't Lloyd a master builder? I thought he made a cameo in the original Lego Movie, yet there were no scenes where he impressively master built something. That was something carried over to the Lego Batman Movie, I don't know why they forgot it here.
  2. Baywatch
    "I feel bad about the time I hinted at reviewing this movie, but I ended up not going. Now, time to make up for that. Now I just feel bad for the stars."
    IMG_0906.JPG
    Baywatch is a movie based off the TV show I've never seen, but I am very aware of it from watching Friends, while Joey and Chandler watched the show.
    So the Rock is a life guard lieutenant who takes on some new recruits, including a former Olympic gold medalist to ensure security on the beach. But when people start mysteriously dying on the beach, and some drugs are found, the Rock decides to take the law into his own hands.
    I have no idea what went wrong here. It's the Rock on a beach, running in slow motion with a few hot chicks, and Zac Efron is there too. How could a simple idea go so wrong?
    Well, one thing is that trying to adapt a television series into an R-rated comedy is not a good idea! I know I haven't seen the show myself, but I would say that taking something made for a TV audience and turning it into a crude, profane, dirty movie isn't faithful. So making the movie R-rated was a mistake, for some really gross reasons.
    I do always think the Rock is great, I think he and Zac Efron worked well together, but it is kind of bummer that they aren't given a lot of good jokes to work with.
    Zac Efron seems to be better than most of the movies he is in, he has potential for really funny material, but why does he keep going for such stupid movies like the Neighbors movies or that abomination, Dirty Grandpa?
    Most of the jokes of the movie are more miss, than hit, and there are a lot of jokes. There are a few funny ones that got a small laugh out of me, but nothing that got extreme laughter out of me. Some of the actors are given funnier stuff than the others, some of them just aren't that funny, it's pretty unbalanced.
    The plot isn't a lot of fun, I don't know how the stories are in the actual show, because all I gathered from it was that its main appeal was hot chicks running in slow motion. That does happen a fair number of times in the movie, and it is appealing when it happens, but when we get back to the drug lord plotline, I'm not that invested in it.
    That is the biggest problem with the movie, a lack of fun. It does have its moments, but when it comes down to it, the poorly written comedy just hurts the movie. Most of the movie's best moments are within the beginning, before they get to the drug lord stuff.

I give Baywatch a rating of 3 out of 10 it was just wasteful.

And please, Hollywood, stop making R-rated comedies based off of TV shows!
  3. Home Again
    "Well I feel much better. Even when I get evacuated for stupid weather-related reasons, it's good to know I can still find a theater to catch a movie at."
    IMG_0900.JPG
    Home Again is a romantic comedy, and surprisingly one of the better comedy films to come out this year. But, still how much am I really saying?
    Reese Witherspoon plays the daughter of a deceased famous director, and a single mother with two kids who has minor depression. She meets these three brothers who are working on turning their short into a feature film, ends up spending the night with one of them, and the next day all three of them end up moving in with her.
    Surprisingly I enjoyed this movie a lot. Of course I didn't know how it could turn out, and at this point of this year, I was mostly just hoping I wouldn't get another movie filled with crude, easy jokes.
    Thank you PG-13 rating.
    Reese Witherspoon is fun and lovable as she usually is. I think it was interesting for the movie to make her character someone who had mild depression, but nothing too major, which to me made her more relatable and believable. She has problems, but isn't a complete bummer of a person, so she doesn't ruin the movie with depression.
    The three brothers are also a very good group of guys. Usually in a comedy like this, they have the one guy who is a love interest and he gets the most attention, then the other guys involved are just side notes. In this movie, the romantically involved one isn't exactly the center of attention, and the writers are sure to develope two brothers as well. I liked seeing the process of them trying to get their movie produced, I thought their relationships built with Reese Witherspoon were handled well, and surprisingly I wasn't annoyed by any of them. I got a little worried when one of them dropped some medical pot, I thought he was going to be the annoying sidekick of the group and that he was going to be drugged up, but actually he does not get high in any scenes, so that was a major bullet dodge.
    There were actually some funny scenes too. I didn't laugh like a hyena, but I did chuckle a few times, which is actually a good thing for me, because for a few times this year I was concerned I had lost the ability to laugh.
    A few times the movie does end up falling victim to a cliche, like someone makes a mistake that they can't be forgiven for, even though everyone makes mistakes like that and could still be forgiven for it. There was actually this cliche that was being built up for this movie that made me nervous how it would turn out, and I was sitting in my seat, hoping they would end up dodging it. Does my patience pay off? If you saw the movie you know the answer.
    Home Again is the kind of movie I would take a woman on a date too, we'd be generally satisfied, but my date wouldn't be extremely estatic at the end of it. We'd basically leave the theater satisfied for our experience. And no, I didn't have a date when I saw this movie. Maybe soon I'll have that kind of experience but it wasn't today.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty good movie. It was well acted, interesting enough to keep me invested, and there wasn't a point I was wishing I could leave. Sure it was pretty cliched, but it wasn't offensive or boring. I'll give it a rating of 7 out of 10 so it's worth it to check it out.

Thank you PG-13 rating.
    G1prime likes this.
  4. I promised this list to you guys a long time ago, and you have been waiting by patiently for me to finally do it. Now, I have rewatched the whole series, documenting every episode, my thoughts on them, and more. This goes beyond a top 10 list, it deserves twenty slots because of how much I love this show.
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars is my favorite show, and of course, it's no surprise that I see it as the best Star Wars series ever. This series explored the lore and characters of Star Wars in a way the movies couldn't cover with their runtimes.
    While Forces of Destiny is covering some more stories with beloved Star Wars characters and Rebels...used to be a decent follow up, there can only be one Clone Wars (in canon).
    So now, time for my favorite episodes of the series. I had so many great episodes to choose from, I would feel bad if I left some behind in the dust, so I am doing this post in two parts.
    Let's begin, the twenty best episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
    But first, some honorable mentions, because some of you will probably wonder why certain episodes didn't make it. Well, here are five episodes that deserve an honorable mention.

Honorable Mentions:
    The Wrong Jedi - I really wanted to put this episode on the list, because the ending was so beautiful and emotional, I cry every time Ahsoka leaves the Jedi order.
    The Box - The bounty hunters, Morallo Eval's traps, and Obi-Wan's character were enough to make a big impression on me.
    Defenders of Peace - Love the Defoliator, Lok Durd is entertaining, and that final fight scene with the Jedi and droid army is priceless.
    Sphere of Influence - Ahsoka's mission on the droid control ship is a lot of fun, and Papanoida's search for his daughters is not to be forgotten.
    Innocents of Ryloth - TX-20 raised the bar for tactical droids, and I actually didn't mind an episode focused on two clones.

Now, onto the big picks. The best of the series! (Part 1 anyway)

20. Hostage Crisis
    D43F3664-D611-4773-81C9-96FC32471CBF-280-000000923269CCCF.jpeg
    Under the command of the Hutt Council, Cad Bane leads a group of other bounty hunters in an attack on the senate building. The bounty hunters capture a group of senators, and hold them hostage until Bane's demands are met, the freedom of Ziro the Hutt. Anakin happens to be in the building at the same time, but he gave his lightsaber to Padmé before the crisis began.
    This is the Cad Bane episode that made him such a beloved character when he was first introduced. It was aired as a finale to the first season, and it was only until later that we learned that it took place much later. This episode did its job to get us excited to see more of Cad Bane in this series, since he was such a threatening, cool looking guy when we first saw him. This is definitely Bane's most memorable moment in the show. Sure we did see him fight Jedi in other episodes, but I think this was his most proud moment. We see that Bane has everything planned out when he and the hunters take this mission, and he takes no crap today. That's what I freaking enjoy about this character.
    What is really great about the episode is that it focuses on the crisis at hand, we get to see all the great details of Bane's master plan as he makes his way through the halls of the senate building. Anakin's role in the episode is relatively small by comparison. Still, I did like that scene where he and Padmé talk about how important she is to him.
    There isn't a lot to talk about with this episode, because overall, I just covered the majority of it, the crisis itself. Everything is in the right place for this episode to work. The plan, the action, the outcome, it's all very exciting. Hostage Crisis is an incredible episode, and one that shows Cad Bane in his moment of triumph!

19. Wookiee Hunt
    05DE85BE-1C2E-4209-9DA9-5546C03F2AE7-280-000000922291A96F.jpeg
    After Kalifa is killed by the pack leader Garnac, Ahsoka and the remaining younglings Jinx and O-Mer make a final push to escape the moon. When the Trandoshan transport is destroyed in an attack, Ahsoka finds a powerful new ally, the Wookiee, Chewbacca. With their powerful new ally, and Ahsoka's leadership, they stand a chance to defeat the Trandoshans and escape Wasskah.
    What a great note to end the third season on. It was great to see Chewbacca in the show, and teaming up with Ahsoka! I would say I like Ahsoka and Chewie working together more than Han and Chewie. I know Han and Chewie are a dream team, but Ahsoka and Chewie just have this great chemistry and understanding together, it's fun to see the two of them work to get off Wasskah. It makes me want to see Ahsoka make a little cameo in the Han Solo spin off movie, I'm sure there's a way to put her in there. Ahsoka deserves her own movie or set of movies more than anyone in my opinion.
    And really, it's just so great to see Ahsoka leading the charge and taking out the Trandoshans with her friends. We see how much the younglings trust Ahsoka now, and the great effect she has had encouraging them to fight back, even when Jinx and O-Mer are overpowered by Trandoshans, they still fight against them to the end.
    Chewie also gets some great moments to show his strength against the Trandoshans. Whenever he goes to fight one of these guys, it is exciting to see the rivalry between Wookiees and Trandoshans play out on screen.
    Speaking of that, the final battle is awesome! When the other Wookiees come in and help the Jedi fight the Trandoshans, it is incredible! I love how Sugi came in with the ship full of Wookiees, and Tarful came down to go beserk on one of the Trandoshans, it was just brutally glorious!
    The fight between Ahsoka and Garnac is the best part though. Ahsoka doesn't have her lightsabers, but she is able to own him and give him what is coming to him! Is it wrong that I find every time Ahsoka kills someone to be purely awesome? I just get really excited when she does it, because she is really lovable and nice most of the time, but when she is on the battlefield and unleashes her great power, it is a sight to behold. Read Ahsoka's novel is you haven't, it's amazing!
    This episode is filled with plenty of awesome moments of Ahsoka's dominance. From little things, to her big victory, it is a spectacle, one that Ahsoka fans like me can definitely enjoy watching over and over.

18. Lethal Trackdown
    30DB1EAE-181C-409C-A065-5770E9CB719A-280-0000009247C54126.jpeg
    Aurra Sing starts to kill off her Republic hostages to draw out Mace Windu, but since he is wounded from the previous attempts on his life, Plo Koon decides to find the bounty hunters instead and bring them to justice, taking Ahsoka with him. Together, Ahsoka and Plo explore the Coruscant underworld to find any places Jango Fett used to visit, and hopefully find known associates to help locate his son, Boba Fett.
    Lethal Trackdown! Roll credits! Sorry, I couldn't stop from thinking that joke when the title of the episode was the very first thing said in the opening narration. This episode does manage to deliver on some excitement as the final episode in Boba Fett's trilogy of revenge. It's a great way to end off this arc, and it was a fitting finale to season two when it aired.
    As I say a few times, it's really great to see Ahsoka working with Jedi besides Anakin. And of course, this episode gives us the amazing duo of Ahsoka and Plo working together. These two are already such great friends at the start, so naturally they make an awesome team, even though as Plo states, Ahsoka has changed a lot for Plo, since Anakin has taught her a lot, and this has led him to adopt some of his traits that differ from his own style. I bet Dave Filoni had a lot of fun writing for Ahsoka and Plo together.
    This also contrasts greatly from the mentor relationship between Aurra Sing and Boba. Sing is possibly the most evil, unlikable woman in the Star Wars universe, and she doesn't really care about what Boba wants, she just wants him to become a cold-blooded murderer like her. This does kind of work for this episode, but damn, Sing is the kind of character who is so evil you want the Jedi to kill her!
    We also see Hondo again in this episode, and who doesn't love Hondo? The man is like a treasure, and even when his ex comes by and causes acts of evil on his own planet he still remains in a good mood. He also has a very hilarious line when he first sees Boba. "Not mine, I take it." Oh, Hondo, you dirty, dirty pirate. I didn't need the image in my head, but Jim Cummings is always a win.
    The night club scene is also very impressive. I love seeing Ahsoka exploring new Force powers throughout the series, such as the moment when she uses the Force to listen to the people in the bar, and we actually do get a dirty joke when a Patrolian talks about what he saw on video screen just before Ahsoka cuts away. Did the Clone Wars just make a joke about an alien watching porn?! Then right after that we see a drunk Quarren and Rodian talking about asking out the Twi'Lek stripper. Yeah, this is not a kid's show, if all the deaths in the show didn't convince you before, hopefully this scene will!
    And the ending is extremely memorable and exciting. The moment Plo walks over to Sing while she's having a drink and just sits down, not intimidated whatsoever when Boba points a gun at him, the tension starts to build, and it only gets more awesome when Ahsoka cuts off Sing's antenna and holds her lightsaber to her throat.
    I also love it when Plo says "We are justice!" That line could not be cooler even if Batman said it.
    And then Ahsoka's fight with the Slave 1 was the exciting finisher this episode needed! Ahsoka bringing down the mighty ship used by Jango, and sending Sing down with it.
    Of course later we learned Sing didn't die in that crash unfortunately, since she appears in two episodes taking place after this one, but it would've been perfect if that was what happened to her. To see Ahsoka vanquish this evil and spare the galaxy from her wicked ways would've been awesome! After all the horrible things she did to Boba and other characters, it would be justice to have her go down in flames with the last thing Boba had to remember his father by (other than his blasters of course).
    Lethal Trackdown was a great way to finish off this arc of episodes. There are some little things I would've changed about the ending, but other than that, it is a well rounded way to finish up Boba Fett's trilogy.

17. Brain Invaders
    7AE74A29-24D7-4412-90A9-DFE489BFC28D-280-000000925E5B9256.jpeg
    Ahsoka and Barriss Offee are sent on their next mission after the long battle they endured, to pick up medical supplies from a medical station near Ord Cestus. However, the clone troopers aboard their ship have been infected by Geonosian brain worms, and soon the task falls to Ahsoka to kill the worms before they reach the medical station and spread.
    What an awesome way to finish off this arc! Brain Invaders is an unforgettable episode that has everything a fan could want to finish off this four-parter.
    A great highlight of this episode is seeing how close Ahsoka and Barriss are growing. They are still polar opposites of one another, as expressed through some great visual expression in one scene in particular. Ahsoka is having trouble sleeping on the quiet ride to the medical station, but Barriss is just peacefully snoozing away. It's a great representation of how different these two friends are, since Ahsoka is more used to fighting regularly against the droids, and Barriss is more of a relaxed student, not involved in as many battles as Ahsoka.
    Another great scene is when Ahsoka and Barriss are eating together, and talking about the future, how peace time will be for them after the war is over, and how they could go back to it after being warriors for so long. It's an example of how nicely the episode starts off very quiet before the chaos ensues, a moment before the storm that isn't exactly calm because you know something is up, you can feel the storm about to happen.
    When the action does start, and the Padawans have to fight the clones, it is great, and we see how well they work together, how strategic they try to be in defeating the worms, and trying their best not to harm the clones (for the most part).
    Even off the ship there is a really great moment with Anakin. As the series progresses, we do get hints of how he is slowly slipping into the dark side, and it is pretty awesome to see Anakin Force choke someone for the first time, and that turns out to be Poggle. It just feels so epic when we see the moment the future Vader would first use his signature Force power on someone, and it really doesn't disappoint. He knows he's not going to get the information he needs out of Poggle by playing it nice, and unleashes his rage in order to help Ahsoka.
    The duel between Ahsoka and Barriss is awesome. We see Ahsoka restraining herself a little to not hurt Barriss, but even then we see her dominate in battle. It just feels so good to see Ahsoka show off her skill, and it's nice to know that even when she is holding back she can take on Barriss any day!
    The episode gets more and more exciting as it goes along, with a great atmosphere and tone, it is just an impressive and chilling ride. No pun intended of course. It earned its place as another one of my favorite episodes. Who could ever forget it?

16. Carnage of Krell
    2C501809-3D3F-41EA-89BB-5D4B1C328CB1-280-00000092F7965A16.jpeg
    When General Krell orders the execution of Fives and Jesse for their treachery, Captain Rex and the other clones cannot go through with it. On a mission for Krell to fight the Umbarans, they end up in a battle with other clone troopers, following the same orders Krell gave them. They try to arrest Krell, but the Jedi Master attacks with a ferocious might.
    This episode gave me exactly what I wanted from the start, more Krell, awesome Krell action scenes, overall, it gives me a ton of Krell, and it is glorious!
    First off, this episode isn't just the clones talking about how they don't agree with Krell, they actually do something in this episode. The execution scene actually is an effective moment of the clones choosing to think for themselves other than following every order they are given. Actions speak louder than words, and it was pretty much perfect timing to have this episode be the one to show that.
    Another really effective scene is when Krell sends the clones to fight what they think are Umbarans disguised as clones, but it turns out that they are clones as well, following the same orders. The music that accompanies the scene when Rex learns the truth actually is a powerful track that adds to the scene and the horror the clones must feel about killing each other.
    And then Krell himself, it was so satisfying when he finally revealed himself as the villain, and unleashed his wrath on the battlefield. The action scene when Krell kills so many clones is amazing! We finally see his skillful use of dual saberstaffs, and just how brutal he is overall. It's such a colorful and exciting display of pure ferocity.
    Even when Krell is tricked into stepping on the vixus, he does not go down without a fight! He still lets the thing know who is boss and takes out some more clones doing it!
    We also hear Krell's big plan, and how somehow he foresaw that the Jedi and Republic would both fall. I spoke with Krell's voice actor, Dave Fennoy on a podcast regarding this once, and he gave more insight. Krell knew somehow that the Jedi were going to lose, and he wanted to be on the winning side when the smoke cleared as Dooku's apprentice, ruling his new order.
    It is pretty genius, and the way the Umbaran technology filters Krell's voice to make it sound robotic and menacing is purely brilliant.
    If I did have to say this episode had a flaw, it is the ending. Krell's death, not only because this was a big, wasted, missed opportunity to have Krell return as a villain in future seasons, but because it was so forced and poorly done. I mean, seriously, Dogma does it?! Freaking Dogma?! The episode should've ended with Rex taking Krell in alive, and handing him over to the Jedi for trial, that way we could see Rex truly making the right choice to spare Krell, and we could have Krell possibly break out of prison and join the Separatists. Or he could've done his own thing, anything to get more Krell.
    Carnage of Krell is truly the best episode in the Umbara arc because it delivers on its title, and shows us the amazing spectacle I was waiting for in these four episodes.

15. Jedi Crash
    EF47D46D-B01F-44C5-B424-14874895E2F4-280-00000091D9B5060E.jpeg
    After saving General Aayla Secura from the Battle of Quell, Anakin becomes wounded in an explosion. While retreating from the battle, Ahsoka, Aayla and their clones accidentally crash land on the planet Maridun, while Anakin is still seriously injured. Ahsoka and Aayla look for any signs of life to help Anakin, while the two Jedi discuss the attachment between master and apprentice.
    This episode is very deep. It is one of the major moments for the growing friendship between Ahsoka and Anakin through the war. We've seen them getting along, bond on the battlefield, and act very much like siblings, but this is the first true time where we see how much they need each other. I don't think Anakin was ever this close with Obi-Wan.
    We see so much great voice acting on behalf of Ashley Eckstein in this episode, and she's always great as Ahsoka, but this was indeed a great moment for her. Her determination to see Anakin saved never wavers, but at the same time, she never lets it break her, she still listens to Aayla for advice when she needs to, and we get a really great moment between the two.
    This episode is the introduction of Aayla Secura in the series, and as shown on many "hottest Star Wars women" lists including mine, we can see why she's a fan favorite. Aayla really relates with Ahsoka in this episode, using her wisdom as a Jedi Knight to guide Ahsoka in her time of worry, and her experiences as Quinlan Vos's Padawan to teach her that her attachments are nothing to be ashamed of, but she must still let go of them. There is a great, brief moment where Ahsoka and Aayla talk about this, and it really says so much in just a few seconds, with this small moment of quiet adding to the importance of the dialogue.
    The episode also introduces us to the Lurmen, a very pacifist species that really wanted out of the Clone Wars. Now this isn't the first or last time we've seen people in the show just want to be out of the war, but still good hearted at the same time, but what they do with them is pretty deep. According to the Lurmen, despite the Jedi's good intentions, they aren't really peacekeepers because they do partake in the violence, they are still responsible for their actions in the war.
    It isn't said in the episodes, but the Lurmen were originally from Mygeeto, which is a planet that is a part of the Clone Wars, has been a Republic target for a while. This does explain why they don't believe either side of the war is innocent, but this also could've been spoken in the episode, but in the bigger picture of the series, it isn't needed exactly.
    Another really great episode from the series. The characters are great, the episode looks great, and of course the music sounds great as well. I don't usually talk a lot about the music, but the Clone Wars does have some great score to fit with the different worlds and characters. The track for this episode, the theme for Aayla is available on the soundtrack of the show, which you can get on iTunes, and I am listening to it right now as I write this.
    It's another really memorable part of the series, and I always have something to admire.

14. Bounty Hunters
    AF133348-98B1-40AC-A152-2B1B7FA5F5A2-280-00000092D3C3B346.jpeg
    After crashing on Felucia, Ahsoka, Anakin and Obi-Wan find a village of farmers who have hired bounty hunters Sugi, Embo, Seripas and Rumi Paramita to defend a valuable crop from pirates. Obi-Wan tries to keep the Jedi from getting involved, but when the pirates turn out to be led by Hondo Ohnaka, things do change. The Jedi train the villagers to defend themselves.
    Another episode of the Clone Wars that really shows a ton of creative greatness in it. Bounty Hunters is an episode I remember for a number of reasons as a really great episode.
    For one, it shows a side of Star Wars canon not shown before this point in time. In Star Wars we have seen a lot of bounty hunters, and most of them are shown as the villains, but this episode was a different step. The bounty hunters shown in this episode are actually honorable warriors, sticking to their contracts and not breaking them no matter how much they would be paid if they did. Sugi and her crew were so great in this episode, and really stood out among the many bounty hunters shown in the series, especially Embo, voiced by Dave Filoni himself. I love how intensely awesome they made Embo in this episode. Seeing him take down pirates and using his hat as a weapon never gets old.
    We also get the return of Hondo, who is even more fun and likable in this episode than before, even when he is threatening the villagers and fighting Anakin on his tank, he always has this hilarious charisma about him, and a lot of that is thanks to Jim Cummings' great voice acting.
    I also really liked seeing the Jedi training the villagers, and how they worked with the bounty hunters as well while doing it. You could say this does subtly build up to a future event in the series, or you could look at it as its own thing. Either way, it is nice to see how the Jedi train the citizens to fight for themselves so that in the future they won't be taken advantage of by more people like the pirates.
    The dynamics between the Jedi and bounty hunters are great. We see Obi-Wan at first being a little uncertain about Sugi's motives after his past experiences with bounty hunters, and how she shows that she keeps the interest of the farmers in check as well as her profit.
    But the real great moment comes between Ahsoka and Seripas. At first, Seripas is this big, hulking robotic dude, but then it's revealed that inside he's actually a weak little alien dude like in Men in Black. Ahsoka's line "You don't have to look tough to be tough" is one that really sticks to me, since when she first started out, she was underestimated by even her own master, but now they know how great she is, and I keep saying it over and over.
    Bounty Hunters is a really well put together, impressive episode from start to finish. It has so much to love about it from all the wonderful aspects to enjoy, from characters to animation to just plain awesomeness. All wrapped up with a new and refreshing take on badass bounty hunters.

13. Storm Over Ryloth
    292DD2FC-D47F-4A56-ADD1-48E0100ADE78-280-00000091FA467410.jpeg
    The Jedi return to Ryloth to free the planet from the grip of Emir Watt Tambor. Ahsoka leads the attack on the blockade with Blue Squadron for the first time, but Captain Mar Tuuk was ready for the attack, and caught the fleet in a trap. Ahsoka escapes the battle, but in the process, the fleet is badly damaged, Admiral Yularen is injured, and more than half of Blue Squadron is killed. The defeat hurts Ahsoka, but Anakin puts her in charge of their second attack when he comes up with a new strategy.
    Well, my mother decided to do a weird thing the day we watched this episode together, she started this three part director's cut arc, knowing that she wouldn't stay awake to finish it. But it was a good sign, she really got into this show.
    I really do love this episode a lot. The Ryloth trilogy was a big moment for the show, even bigger when you watch the episodes in the correct order. While it wasn't the season finale when aired on TV (that takes place much later in the timeline with Hostage Crisis), it chronologically could be considered the season one finale if you arranged the episodes in the proper order.
    There is so much great emotion in this episode. I keep saying over and over how much I love Ahsoka, so you can guess with this episode being the Ahsoka-focused episode of the trilogy that I love it the most, and you would be right. In this episode we see Ahsoka in a sad moment in her life, she led her first squadron, and lost so many of them because she got overconfident. It's really effective how the show pulls you in and feels how she is feeling. The animation to express Ahsoka's sadness is beautiful, and Ashley does amazing as always to get us to sympathize with her.
    One powerful scene is when Anakin talks to Ahsoka after it. He doesn't yell at her, he is understanding and effectively consoles her, letting her know that it wasn't her fault, and that she will lose her troopers in the war.
    Also, when Ahsoka has to take command of the Resolute as Anakin goes to attack the fleet solo, she does such a great job. We see her a little worried about the whole battle at first, but soon we see her grow in confidence, and put together a really awesome battle strategy for quite possibly the best space battle in Star Wars history. There isn't anything like it when she puts the Resolute on its side and uses Y-wings on the frigates for ultimate destruction.
    Aside from Ahsoka's great awesomeness, there are still other enjoyable things. Mar Tuuk was another interesting character for his eyepiece, and his interest in Anakin gives him a drive to be the one to accomplish his feat of victory over him. He's not one of the most memorable villains of the show, certainly not as interesting a fleet leader as Admiral Trench, but he still got the job done.
    Either way, this was a really spectacular episode filled with great emotional moments with Ahsoka, and more awesome development for her. This is certainly one beautiful episode to remember.

12. Landing at Point Rain
    CDDB72AD-FD52-4748-8D70-6795B09AA2D5-280-0000009257CAEED9.jpeg
    The Jedi launch a massive invasion of the planet where the war began, Geonosis. Anakin, Obi-Wan and Jedi Master Ki Adi Mundi combine their armies to take out a shield generator protecting the new droid factory of Poggle the Lesser, but it doesn't go well as all of the Jedi crash. Ahsoka and Anakin are forced to take a route filled with Geonosians and droids, Ki Adi Mundi tries to meet up with his Jedi allies, and Obi-Wan is injured in the battle zone.

This is the opposite of its predecessor, Senate Spy. While Senate Spy could be known as the peaceful episode, this episode has so much stuff blowing up, so much violence, and so much awesomeness all around that bring the excitement. I guess they were making up for how little action they had last time to bring us an entire episode's worth of it.

The episode is so action packed, from the moment the battle starts, it does not let up until the very end, so we have a lot of great action to love. Seeing the different parts of this massive, impressive battle is one of the many things I love about this series. The intensity does not stop, it keeps going and never ceases to amaze.

I especially love Ahsoka and Anakin's part of the journey, particularly when they fight the giant wall of droids. At first the plan isn't to go that way, but when they do, Ahsoka has a really hilarious moment... "Remember when I warned you about the giant wall, and you said "Don't worry, Snips, we won't be going near that!?""
    We also see more of the great chemistry between Ahsoka and Anakin. The way they keep score of how many droids they each destroyed is very entertaining, kind of like the growing friendship of Gimli and Legolas in the Lord of the Rings movies.

Ki Adi Mundi is also a pretty cool Jedi. I do like his journey as well when he is kind of wounded from the crash, but not as much as Obi-Wan, and he still does manage to fight well. There is even an awesome scene where he has his clones use flamethrowers and burn the Geonosians alive! Yeah, certainly not a kid's show, and I love it!

The action overall is just glorious. So many explosions, so many epic scenes between the two armies. As I said before, it never lets up on the excitement. Whenever it cuts from one part of the battle, there is always another exciting part of it they've got in store.

I freaking love this episode for its non-stop awesomeness, and showing us how intense the Clone Wars can be, full force. One that I will certainly remember as one of my favorites.

11. Cloak of Darkness
    2FEFAF90-4E19-46BA-9D3A-5A546CCFA17B-280-0000009204E2781F.jpeg
    After the capture of Nute Gunray, Ahsoka and Jedi Master Luminara Unduli escort him to Coruscant. However, Count Dooku sends Asajj Ventress to infiltrate their ship, and either free Gunray or silence him.

Cloak of Darkness is another really great episode I can't help but admire. It has a lot of amazing stuff to admire. Great characters, exciting action, beautiful animation, all around it is a badass episode.
I always love seeing Ahsoka as you can tell, she's always awesome, and it is interesting seeing her partnered with a different Jedi. Even though Anakin is her master, I always get intrigued seeing Ahsoka allied with different Jedi like Plo Koon, or in this case, Luminara Unduli and seeing how their team dynamic goes between the influence Anakin has on her, and the more serious, by the code Jedi. We get to see how Luminara is trying to pass some wisdom onto Ahsoka when she underestimates how much security Gunray needs. There is an especially awesome scene where Ahsoka holds her lightsaber to Gunray's neck just to get him scared enough to talk, and Luminara shows concern for how Ahsoka used terror on a prisoner.

Speaking of Luminara, it is great to see her in this show. She has an experienced older-sister kind of feel to her character, and I really love her wisdom and confidence within herself. She's also really clever, like how she is able to get Gunray to slip about his part in the war, and how she tries to make Ventress angry purposefully so that she can make a mistake in her attacks. Also, I think my mother has a woman crush on her.

What the episode does really well is showing the difference between the Jedi and the Sith. We have Ahsoka and Luminara on their differences, Ahsoka being trained with a different style of teaching than Luminara teaches her own Padawan, Barriss Offee. We also see the Sith's strict methods of commanding, Dooku lets Ventress know that if she fails him again she will be unworthy of being his apprentice, and that drives her to succeed for her master.

Ventress also has some really evil moments in this episode. Nika Futterman definitely loves this role, I can tell from scenes like when she is fighting Luminara that she's soaking up every juicy ounce of the evil. Got to love commitment.

The action in this episode is especially epic. When Ahsoka and Luminara fight Ventress together, it's really exciting to see the differences in their fighting styles which makes for some epic choreography. We also see the first time Ahsoka truly fights Ventress alone, and it is awesome how she is able to get the upper hand, which does force Ventress to rely on trickery later. It's kind of a shame these two haven't fought since this episode. There is so much gorgeous imagery as well in these fights. The final duel takes place in the burning engine room, and that is just too epic for words. It's no Mustafar, but I do love it!
Overall, this episode is just full of nonstop excitement. You can see why I consider it one of my favorites of the show. It's an awesome look into the Jedi and Sith, and it always keeps me glued to the action.

Stay tuned for part 2, where I cover the hierarchy of the best episodes.
  5. The Lost Missions
    "No one asked for it, but I'm bored tonight, just finished up the last arc with my mother, so I might as well talk about this...thing."
    The Lost Missions are the last handful finished episodes of the Clone Wars animated series that were put on Netflix after Disney cancelled the show to focus on Episode VII (and yet they had no problem making a lower budget TV show later).
    However, Dave Filoni said that we deserved to see what they completed on the series before the project was shut down, and we ended up getting thirteen episodes counted as the sixth season...but unfortunately these weren't among the best stories.
    It is kind of sad that some of the weaker stories remaining of the show are the ones that were complete before cancellation, but some of the best stories like the Son of Dathomir arc weren't animated fully. Fortunately we got Son of Dathomir as an amazing comic series, Dark Disciple was made into a book, and the Crystal Crisis and Bad Batch arcs were still released in rough draft animation form.

However, the Lost Missions still need to be looked at by themselves, so I'll try not to gush over the other stories we got so far. I'll just be focusing on the thirteen episodes on Netflix.

The Clone Conspiracy Arc
    Katie Lucas gave us some amazing stories of the Clone Wars, from her first project, Jedi Crash, to the Nightsister trilogy, to Darth Maul's Return, she even wrote the scripts for the Dark Disciple arc before it was later turned into a book.
    However, this four part arc about the clones was her weakest work on the show. It's probably because she may be used to working with much more interesting characters like Ahsoka, Asajj Ventress, Savage Opress and Darth Maul. So you could say if she's given someone to work with that she is really passionate about, she'll give us something great with it. I can guess from this arc that clones aren't her favorite to work with.
    When Tup loses control and kills General Tiplar during the Battle of Ringo Vinda, a lot of speculation goes around that Tup has been brainwashed by some anti-clone poison. It turns out that the inhibitor chip in his brain has rotted, and Tup lost control of himself. Fives goes on a mission to discover the chips in the heads of all the clones, and figures out their purpose to make the clones follow any orders their masters demand. Even the secret order of the Sith, Order 66.
    Yes, this episode does present a good idea, and a big explanation of how the clones turned against the Jedi so suddenly after the Clone Wars. This was something that needed explaining, because after seeing how closely the Jedi and clones worked together in the series, it would be hard to believe that they would turn on the Jedi so quickly. It is also smart how they work Tyranus into this, how he explained it as a safe guard for rogue Jedi.
    However, Fives is not the character I'd want to follow in this arc. I just don't find him very unique or interesting, so four episodes about him seem like too much. At least during Umbara we had Krell stealing the show with his awesomeness. There are a number of things that don't work in this episode too, like Nala Se from the Malevolence trilogy being the villain who only sees clones as objects, when in the Malevolence trilogy, she was willing to stay behind and die with the medical station when Grievous was attacking.
    The opportunities of Admiral Trench's survival and Shaak Ti also seem like they were wasted. Both characters deserve much better treatment than just being footnotes in a clone story.
    I did like AZ-3, he was a lot of fun. In general, Ben Diskin voices a lot of great, fun characters of the show. He is the best thing made from this arc, other than the hottness of Tiplee and Tiplar.
    The last episode wasn't fun at all, and did not make a lot of sense in how Palpatine was able to trick the Jedi.
    Still, the arc does have its purpose, and the meaning of the clone inhibitor chips does carry on to more Star Wars stories. Captain Rex actually had his removed off screen, which is why at the Siege of Mandalore, he didn't betray Ahsoka, and later he appears in Rebels with Wolffe and Gregor, who also had their chips removed.

The Clovis Trilogy
    This is the arc that feels very out of place from the rest of the stories, because these three episodes were made for the fifth season, and were going to air during that time. However, for a strange reason, they were removed from the schedule, and it shows how out of place it is. Ian Abercrombie is still the voice of Palpatine and he still has his same hairstyle, and Yoda also retains the same design he had for the majority of the season before his change in the Shadow Collective arc.
    Strangely though, the official chronological list on the official Star Wars website claims that it takes place in this season right where it's placed.
    In this arc, Padmé is approached by her old friend, Rush Clovis, who lets her know about the corruption of the Banking Clan, and how their favoritism of the Separatists is leading them toward bankruptcy. Meanwhile, Dooku and Darth Sidious want control of the banks, and Anakin of course has a lot of relationship drama with Padmé.
    Okay, so this arc could've been more interesting if it wasn't so heavily focused on the banks! I know I love lore building in Star Wars, but I don't need entire scenes dedicated to how the bank works, or bankruptcy. It may have been for the best to take this episode out of the fifth season because with all of the four part arcs like the Young Jedi arc and Shadow Collective arc, an arc about the banks would not be as fun for that season.
    The romantic tension between Anakin and Padmé is pretty interesting, because it is where the best character focus is at, and they actually have some great scenes where they are allowed to have moments as husband and wife in privacy. The fight between Anakin and Clovis is fun, it's just so entertaining to see Anakin beat the crap out of him for trying to make out with his wife, and he does know that he goes too far with his attack.
    We also do get some interesting battle scenes in the third episode, especially Commander Thorn's stand against the droids attacking his troops on Scipio.
    Dooku also has some really good moments of intimidation when he arrives. One scene I did like a lot was when his own senator started questioning him, and he used the Force to make Padmé kill him.
    But even with some of the cooler stuff in this arc, there is still too much of the bank stuff for my taste, especially with the absolutely silly line, "Long live the banks!"

The Disappeared
    How is it that a Jar Jar story line is better than one about Order 66?! Well, with the interesting lore in this two-parter, I was surprised too.
    The Bardottan queen, Julia decides to speak with Jar Jar Binks about the safety of her people. Not trusting Jar Jar with the mission, the Jedi Council sends Mace Windu to accompany him. However, Windu's presence sparks controversy, as the Bardottans have a bad history with the Jedi, labeling them as child thieves. Jar Jar turns out to be Queen Julia's lover...yes, Jar Jar Binks has a girlfriend, and it's official canon...and he aims to see the truth of the disappearing Bardottans.
    So yeah, I never thought I would see Jar Jar actually make out with someone! But, it happened...and it was with a queen...and I think they may have done more things off screen. It's so weird to say that! Jar Jar Binks has a girlfriend!
    In all honesty, what does work about this two-part arc the most is the dynamic with Mace Windu and Jar Jar. These are two polar opposite characters, Mace Windu being the tough, strict Jedi Master who gets things done, and Jar Jar Binks being the clumsy, fumbling moron who...actually he does prove to be helpful in these two episodes. If anyone could work well with Jar Jar in a team dynamic, it is Mace Windu who would keep him in line and get him to focus on the mission. It does lead to some really entertaining moments between the two at times.
    Honestly, I think this was the storyline of the Lost Missions I think people would be least interested in, and yet I thought it was better than most of the Netflix exclusive episodes.
    The action scenes are great, and it shows a lot of Mace Windu's skill when he fights the evil cult using multiple methods, either using his lightsaber, the Force, or taking them hand to hand, this does show more to Mace Windu that we haven't seen a lot of in the series outside of one episode. He and Jar Jar even make a good team in battle at times.
    The stressful relationship between the Bardottans and the Jedi is an interesting subject we don't see a lot of. So far we have seen the galaxy praising the Jedi as heroes most of the time, but here is a civilization that antagonizes them over a misunderstanding, and one that seems to have effected them so much that they dared not go back to Bardotta for a long time.
    Mother Talzin also returns. At first, I saw her involvement as a last minute edition because they forgot to make a big bad antagonist to this arc, and they couldn't use Grievous or Dooku, so they chose to use Talzin. But, with the Son of Dathomir comic, it does kind of make sense for her being the one behind the whole plot. In Massacre, Talzin had to sacrifice her physical form before Grievous could kill her, and in following episodes, we have seen her make a physical appearance such as when healing Maul, but only briefly before turning back to mist. In this arc, we see that her form seems to be fading, and the essence of the Force is what she needs to not only get a true physical form once again, but also get the power she has always wanted. So, it does kind of make sense for Talzin to be behind this.
    So, holy crap, this was probably my favorite storyline of the Netflix exclusive episodes.

The Yoda Arc
    Well, here it is. The arc that probably should've been the best story of the Netflix episodes, but turned out having some of the dumbest stuff. Remember when the episode "Destiny" ranked at the number two spot on my least favorite episodes list, only beneath the Overlords trilogy?
    When Plo Koon discovers a crashed ship with the lightsaber of Jedi Master Sifo-Dias, the Jedi immediately investigate the matter, only to discover that Dooku is the man called Tyranus who recruited Jango Fett as the host of the clone army. Later, Yoda starts hearing the voice of another deceased Jedi Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, who sends Yoda on a journey to become a Force ghost if he dies.
    Okay, while the arc didn't start out sour, it did get there at the third episode. If you want to see how it rubbed me the wrong way, my list of my least favorite episodes may tell you (even though it is kind of outdated in places after rewatching the show).
    Mostly, the arc has a few good ideas, but they aren't exactly executed to full potential. The first episode is a little intriguing, as we do see Oba Diah, homeworld of the Pykes, but at the same time this is one little experience of Star Wars showing drug use...I think knowing about it is knowledge enough, I don't think we need to see Minister Lom getting high.
    I also found it very weird during this one scene of Yoda talking to Palpatine about Sifo-Dias because of the way the dialogue was established that just didn't seem right. When Palpatine said that "ten years ago" he was a senator from Naboo, that simply isn't true, because time passed in the Clone Wars, he was the chancellor ten years before this episode. If the line was "ten years before the war" that could've worked, but that little continuity problem really bothered me. It just seemed like an excuse to design Valorum for the show, and one they should've written more carefully. Sorry, but continuity errors are a thing that gets to me.
    I did like Dooku and Sidious's parts in these episodes. There were some really interesting scenes between them as master and apprentice, such as a scene where Sidious Force chokes Dooku. The best scenes are definitely the lightsaber duels, like with Dooku fighting Anakin and Obi-Wan, and Sidious fighting Yoda and Anakin in the dream sequence.
    The confusing part is the whole business with the Force ghosts, I don't really understand it all, but then again I only saw the Netflix episodes twice now, so I haven't analyzed them quite as closely as I have with many other Clone Wars episodes. The process of becoming a Force ghost seems too complicated to follow for me, and it brings up questions about how Obi-Wan and Anakin became Force ghosts after they died in the original trilogy. I may have to do some digging and see if there are any explanations for this.
    Also, Luke Skywalker is Darth Bane briefly. I guess Mark Hamill really wanted to be evil in Star Wars so much, that he happily jumped at the chance to play Darth Bane, and now that one ancient character is canon because he appeared in the Clone Wars. I wonder if Mark Hamill as Darth Bane is foreshadowing for something...and a certain other something recently might've given it away in advance...when it should've been kept a surprise...I am trying my best not to cause unintentional spoilers.
    So, the Yoda arc just really disappointed me on a few levels. The third episode is the only one that I really hated, but the rest of them either confused me, or just didn't give me the intrigue I was hoping for.

So, there you go, my brief summary of the Lost Missions. Also, a little note, my mother has started to watch the unfinished episodes from the official Star Wars website. I'll try to convince her to read Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple as best as I can, but I make no promises.
  6. A little apology for the lateness of this blog on the Jedi Temple Crisis arc. My mother and I finished the show a few days ago, but at the time I just didn't feel like writing. However, with the series complete, my mother actually did want to watch the Lost Missions on Netflix, even though I promised her she would only have to watch the main series. Oh dear.
    I'm not going to do individual blogs on the Lost Missions, partially because we already started, and mainly because I don't have a lot of good things to say about those 13 episodes. However, if there is a demand for me to write a blog on the Lost Missions, or if I feel I absolutely must talk about it, I'll collectively do one blog summarizing that whole group of episodes.
    And no, I don't think my mother is going to watch Rebels. I stopped watching the show after season two, I only own the first season on DVD, and I don't feel like logging into my Amazon video account daily on her TV to access the second season. So I'm sorry, but I don't think Rebels blogs are going to happen.

Sabotage

"People blamed Jedi because of you! People were killed because of you!" - Ahsoka
    IMG_0880.JPG
    Ahsoka and Anakin are called back from the Battle of Cato Nemoidia to investigate a bombing in the Jedi Temple. Rumors spread that a Jedi could've fallen to the dark side and attacked the hangar, so Ahsoka and Anakin both search for the truth, hoping that isn't the case.
    Sabotage was a good start to the arc, and with this episode, it did give me unrealistic expectations for the following episodes. The opening battle on Cato Nemoidia is a good reflection of that, as that battle is so amazing and well done, even with it being mainly a vehicular assault, the way they showed Ahsoka and Anakin fighting the droids in the air was incredible, right down to the buzz droid sequence, where Ahsoka pulls off an amazing save when Anakin's ship is wrecked. Of course, it is kind of the high note of this episode.
    After that, the episode has an intriguing mystery where Ahsoka and the little droid, RUSCO-ISC have to investigate the bombing of the temple, how they interview witnesses, and see how worried everyone is that a Jedi could've done it. One scene that is absolutely beautiful is the scene where Ahsoka is analyzing the recording of the explosion, and she has it paused as she walks through and examines it. The lighting and the music really add to how great that scene is as Ahsoka is doing her work.
    One little joke I had with my friends was about how RUSCO seemed evil because of his creepy voice, his sunglasses that he always flips down for a CSI effect in his lines. Even though RUSCO isn't evil, it is kind of funny to picture him that way.
    It is true that after the opening, the episode is kind of light on action and excitement, and it is safer than the rest of the arc, but I do like how safe the episode is. You will see why...when I go over the next two episodes. I feel it is better to be safe and make little mistakes, than to take a ton of risks that all just blow up in your face. That is from my experiences anyway.
    Not much else to say on this episode. It's pretty to the point, I do find the mystery element a fun part about this episode, and compared to the next two episodes, this one is great.

The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
    "No! I'm not going to take the fall for something I didn't do!" - Ahsoka
    IMG_0881.JPG
    Ahsoka is summoned to the prison by the Jedi Temple bomber, Letta Turmond, who reveals that a Jedi told her to bomb the hangar. Before Letta can reveal the identity of her boss, she is Force choked to death, and Ahsoka is falsely accused. Now she must clear her name, and capture the real fallen Jedi.
    Well, that went sour quickly. This is one of the dumbest episodes of the series, well not the absolute dumbest, we already covered the three worst episodes back in the third season. But come on, this is one of my least favorite episodes of the show. It made me so angry when I first watched it, and it still makes me angry when I rewatch it. It's not just me, my mother does share my feelings about this episode and the next. We both had a lot of beef with it when we sat down and watched it.
    First, can I just say how much I hate Tarkin? I told you guys I would get to that when he made his debut in the Citadel arc, and now, here is how I feel about him. I really hate Tarkin, he is a bigger idiot than Jar Jar Binks, falsely accusing Ahsoka of a crime she did not commit based off of little to nothing, even though she saved his life on the Citadel! He proceeds to show more of his stupidity throughout the arc, and it is painful to watch.
    Painful is how I would describe this episode, as every clone in this episode is a complete idiot that jumps to conclusions that don't make any sense. It would make no sense for Ahsoka to kill Letta, she's the kindest Jedi there is. Either those clones are already corrupt, or they are just stupid, which wouldn't surprise me as Commander Fox let the Separatists attack the power generator.
    It is also stupid how Letta didn't reveal her information to Ahsoka and Anakin when they captured her in the last episode, instead of keeping it to herself after she was in her cell.
    Captain Rex even hypocrites himself as when they find three dead clones, he says that Ahsoka would never do it, but then his very next line is that Ahsoka did to the clones. What a freaking liar and a hypocrite!
    The sheer stupidity of this episode really annoys me to the core. It's one of the hardest episodes to sit through, and I'm curious how the meetings went down in discussing this idea, if anyone else had the same complaints I did. Well, they must've been ignored.

To Catch a Jedi
    "Despite what you hear, I'm still a Jedi" - Ahsoka
    IMG_0882.JPG
    On the run to prove her innocence, Ahsoka is forced to travel the underworld, and meets with Asajj Ventress, who is after the bounty the senate placed on her. Ahsoka convinces Ventress to help her discover who really bombed the Jedi Temple in exchange for a full pardon of her Separatist crimes. However, Anakin and Plo Koon, the only ones who still believe in her try to take her back to the Jedi Temple.
    Barriss did it! It was so freaking obvious, even my mother who never watched this episode knew it was Barriss instantly, because she was the only Jedi other than Ahsoka and Anakin to have significant focus in this arc. There was no decoy character they introduced to take the heat off Barriss and make us believe they could be responsible like a Scooby Doo episode, they made it very obvious from Barriss's screentime that she was the one to attack the Jedi Temple and frame Ahsoka. Also, it really feels random to have Barriss, this by-the-code Padawan who I know a lot of people have paired with Ahsoka as a potential love interest, turn out to be this evil mastermind who would frame her best friend.
    Even during the fight scene in the warehouse, it was obvious by what she was wearing that it was Barriss. My mother and I also agreed that Ahsoka definitely would've kicked her ass easily in that fight if we look at it logically. In Brain Invaders, Ahsoka and Barriss dueled, and even when Ahsoka wasn't trying to hurt Barriss, she was able to defeat her easily.
    Before anyone tries to say that it was the brain worm fighting at the time, I think it's clear that if the brain worms are powerful enough to control a Jedi, then they can accurately use their skills and strategies. The clones still fought like themselves when they were controlled by the brain worms, so Barriss was still fighting like Barriss at the time. It makes no sense for Barriss to be able to last so long against Ahsoka. Ahsoka should've defeated her quickly, seen that it was her, and then the arc would've been over.
    The stupidity doesn't stop there. One of the worst scenes to watch of this whole arc was when Yoda buys a flat out lie from Tarkin, even though he should know Ahsoka would be innocent! The only Jedi Who act logically about this situation are Plo Koon and Anakin, and let's not forget how many times Anakin did some dark deeds. Hell, he even tried to kill Rako Hardeen out of revenge, and that was Obi-Wan in disguise! I think that produces a lot more evidence for the Jedi Council to expel Anakin, than Tarkin's bullsh*t that he absolutely offers no proof for!
    Holy crap, this episode gets worse the more I think about it.
    The only scene I liked out of this whole episode was a scene where Ahsoka and Ventress beat the crap out of a squad of clones. That was entertaining, which is what this episode lacked.
    Other than that....stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, dumbass episode! That wasn't my mother saying it, but she might as well have.

The Wrong Jedi
    "I'm sorry, Master...but I'm not coming back." - Ahsoka
    IMG_0883.JPG
    Ahsoka is wrongfully expelled from the Jedi order, and is put on trial for the Jedi Temple bombing. However, Anakin learns the identity of the true fallen Jedi, Ahsoka's friend, Barriss Offee. When Barriss is captured and reveals her reasons for the attack, all of Ahsoka's charges are lifted...but her trust in the Jedi Council is shaken.
    In general, this arc was a bumpy ride. It started off good with the first episode, the second and third episodes sucked balls, but this episode actually had quite possibly the most tear-jerking scene of any animated series.
    Well, like the rest of the arc, it is kind of hard to watch the episode with all of the Tarkin scenes, the out of character scenes of the Jedi Council, and such, but unlike those last two episodes, this one offers intrigue and excitement. Rewatching the episode, and knowing the outcome makes it easier to watch it all as justice finally prevails.
    It's just so satisfying to see Anakin taking matters into his hands, and see how far he is willing to go to prove Ahsoka's innocence. This is what the Jedi should've been doing last episode, and when he goes to confront Ventress, it's a really great scene. He is so close to snapping and ending her life, he is right on the brink, but he has just that little bit of restraint holding him back for Ahsoka's sake. This is the best I've seen Anakin throughout the whole series. Also, Ventress gets her best moment of the series as well when she opens up to Anakin about how similar she and Ahsoka were.
    Anakin: How dare you compare yourself to Ahsoka?!
    Ventress: It's true! My master abandoned me, and that's exactly what you did to her! You and your precious Jedi order!
    It's so impressive how the show took Ventress from this wickedly evil character, and transformed her into someone we can sympathize with, and in this very moment, give her a ray of redemption. Her redemption does come later in the Dark Disciple novel, and I am willing to talk about that if anyone is willing to listen.
    The fight between Anakin and Barriss is great as well, as it has a lot of tension building up as Anakin tries to figure out if Barriss is guilty, and as he examines the facts, and Barriss grows more worried, it builds up to a really great fight where Anakin fights with a perfect balance of rage and restraint! And as the fight builds, Barriss sees just how many Jedi know she is a traitor now, and accepts that she is at the point of no return.
    However, one thing that has been pointed out that I do agree with is that the final fight should've been between Ahsoka and Barriss. This was Ahsoka's pivotal moment of truth, she should've been the one to defeat the traitor for everyone to see and triumph.
    On another note, this episode also says hello (and goodbye for some) to Tim Curry as Palpatine. After the death of Ian Abercrombie, we knew that it would be hard to replace his perfect balance of kindness and pure evil for the role. But the crew hired Tim Curry, and here he is. While Tim Curry isn't a bad choice by any means, hell, he's a freaking awesome voice actor, it is hard hearing his voice coming out of Palpatine rather than Ian Abercrombie's which we are so used to hearing as the definitive Palpatine voice. But as Darth Sidious, his voice does work, because Tim Curry freaking loves playing the villain, and he always makes an impression in villainous roles.
    Then the ending of this episode, holy crap. This scene alone made me cry more than any death in the Star Wars franchise. More than Yoda's, Padmé's, Han Solo's, you name it. This scene is a beautiful, emotional scene for me, and when I first saw it, tears oozed from my eyes uncontrollably. I had a box of tissues ready in case my mother and I started crying during this scene.
    This scene was so well constructed, that everyone else had to clear the booth when they were recording the lines. Just Ashley Eckstein and Matt Lanter were in the booth together, doing their lines, no other voice actor was allowed in, and they were given a moment of complete privacy as they were doing their lines.
    After her name is cleared, the council is sure to apologize right away for screwing up so badly, and many of the members start to kiss up to her, telling her how great of a Jedi she is.
    Anakin takes Ahsoka's Padawan braid, holding it out to her for her to accept, and there is a moment of silence as Anakin waits for Ahsoka to take it. Ahsoka touches Anakin's hand, and closes his fingers over it, tears in her eyes as her former master watches stunned. "I'm sorry Master, but I'm not coming back."
    The members of the council and Anakin stand in silence as Ahsoka leaves the room. Anakin runs off after her, and Obi-Wan attempts to follow, but Plo holds him back. Yoda has a look of pure guilt. This was all their fault, and they should've trusted Ahsoka from the beginning.
    Then Ahsoka and Anakin meet outside of the Jedi Temple, how Anakin tries to understand why Ahsoka is leaving the Jedi order behind, and how Ahsoka has to figure things out on her own. This leads to the most beautiful words to close the season on between Ahsoka and Anakin.
    I was already crying my eyes out at everything before, but these final lines from Anakin and Ahsoka pushed my feelings to their breaking point.
    Anakin: I understand, more than you realize...I understand wanting to walk away from the order.
    Ahsoka looks back at Anakin one last time before delivering two words that say everything.
    Ahsoka: I know.
    Then as Anakin stands in surprise, Ahsoka walks away from the Jedi Temple, her home, tears running down her face as she leaves the Jedi order, forever.
    Holy crap! What a beautiful ending! Even though everything worked out for Ahsoka, in the end, there was too much hurt and damage from the betrayal of her fellow Jedi for her to go back to the order. This was the perfect ending to this arc, hell, you could even say it's a fitting end to the series, even though it wasn't intended to be how the series ended. The end credits don't even have the usual Clone Wars end credits music, it's instead replaced by the most beautiful track of the Clone Wars soundtrack, Ahsoka Leaves. This is Star Wars music at its emotional highlight, and it never feels to bring out all of the tears from me as I see the last time Ahsoka will stand in front of this temple with Anakin.

I hope you guys have enjoyed my blogs on the Clone Wars, and I hope you are looking forward when I finally make my list of the top 20 best episodes of the series. That's right, not ten, twenty!
  7. Revival
    "Let me warn you! You are not the first laser sword-wielding maniac I've had to deal with! And Hondo Ohnaka survives every time!" - Hondo Ohnaka
    IMG_0875.JPG
    Darth Maul and Savage Opress go through the galaxy to build an army of their own. Their first stop is Florrum, where they convince some of Hondo Ohnaka's pirates to join them with the promise of wealth and power. Obi-Wan and Adi Galia arrive at Florrum to deal with the Zabrak brothers while Hondo handles the traitors.
    Did Tim Curry slip in a line for the DVD release? Turns out he did, strangely enough. As many of you know, while season 4 was being aired, the voice actor for Palpatine, Ian Abercrombie passed away. This arc shows his last recorded performances as Palpatine (even though he did have lines recorded for the Clovis trilogy in the Lost Missions), and later he was replaced by veteran voice actor Tim Curry, who appears to have one line in this episode. I'll talk about him later.
    This episode was full of great, fun action. Awesome lightsaber combat between the Jedi and Sith in a way we'd rarely see in this universe. This may be the first time in canon where a master and apprentice pair of Sith fought two Jedi together. We've definitely seen multiple Jedi fight one Sith before, but this is the first time we've had a Jedi and Sith team battle!
    All the way through, the action remains intense, exciting, it delivers exactly what we need. Especially when Savage gets in his memorably brutal kill on Adi Galia. If you remember my list of most brutal kills of this show, that was one of them. Then Obi-Wan fights in a way I've never seen him fight in the show before, wielding two lightsabers and kicking ass. It was pretty awesome to see him go toe-to-toe with both Maul and Savage. It had to be one of Obi-Wan's best moments.
    Hondo was also at his best in this episode. With this being his last official appearance in the series, he goes out with style. By go out, I do not mean that he dies, he survives, and he is both the most badass, and the most hilarious I have ever seen him. So many memorable quotes, it was hard to choose my favorite one to use.
    This episode was mostly a start to all of the great things Maul and Savage would accomplish throughout the arc, and it was so great to see that. We've seen the first stage of his plan, and in this arc we see more of his evil mastermind side, and it's just so interesting to watch Maul and Savage working together as they get everything together.
    All in all, Revival is a spectacle of awesomeness.

Eminence
    "So the only thing that you can tell me is that I will find Jabba at Jabba's Palace?" - Darth Maul
    IMG_0876.JPG
    Pre Vizsla and the Death Watch find Darth Maul and Savage Opress floating in space, and take them back to their base on Zanbar for recovery. Upon learning that they have a common enemy in Obi-Wan Kenobi, Maul offers Vizsla help in reclaiming Mandalore, and destroying all of their enemies. The Sith and Mandalorians begin recruiting immediately, going to all the major crime organizations in the galaxy for help.
    Finally, Death Watch go back to the warriors they were at their introduction. A Friend in Need is in the past.
    It was refreshing to see Vizsla back to his old self, and the forming of the alliance between Maul and the Death Watch is a dream come true. This episode was so great at putting all of the pieces together for Maul's master plan to build an empire of criminals. Obi-Wan is a vital part of his plan, but other than revenge, he has something to do after that. Got to appreciate that.
    Is it wrong that I love the scene where Maul Force chokes Bo-Katan? I remember being really angry at her in her last appearance, so seeing Maul put her in her place is one of those scenes that strangely satisfies me, even though consciously, it is conflicting seeing Maul choke a (admittedly hot) woman. As long as he doesn't choke any of my top three hotties, we have no problems.
    I also love the moment when Savage wakes up and just starts ripping apart the medical droids that gave him a new arm. I have no idea why, but there's just something so awesome about Savage hulking out like that. Then when he stands up it's one of those small funny moments when he's supposed to have a big intimidating reveal to Death Watch, but he hits his head.
    Then seeing all of the crime organizations in this episode. We finally see the Black Sun for the first time, and there isn't a lot to know about their organization in this episode except that they have a very successful crime franchise, but the meeting with the Black Sun is so great. They're so overconfident with themselves, but when Savage beheads all of them in a glorious scene, that is really memorable. I really love how brutal the show gets.
    We also see the Pykes, who we later see more of in the show, but for this arc, they do serve their purpose.
    Then the Hutts in this amazing scene where Maul, Savage and Vizsla fight the bounty hunters protecting them, and the Mandalorians storm the palace of the Hutt Council.
    Everyone gets a moment to shine in this scene, Vizsla gets his moment of awesomeness against the guards, Maul and Savage get to fight Sugi and Embo, which was mostly a great fist fight. And Maul also gets his funniest moment, which I quoted up top.
    Everything is just so brutal and amazing in this episode. I really love villain based episodes like this one, and it's just so interesting to see these villains interact with each other, whether it be Maul and Vizsla's partnership, Maul's secret scheming with Savage, or how Maul demands the loyalty of the crime families. The Clone Wars has done a lot for Maul's character, as I said before, he started off as the warrior, but through the great writing of the show, Sam Witwer's awesome performance, and the new territory explored, the Clone Wars has done more for Darth Maul than any other moment in Star Wars history, and I went from very skeptical about Maul's survival, to absolutely loving it.
    Eminence was a great continuation of the arc, one that built up the future of Maul's place in the galaxy quite nicely.

Shades of Reason
    "The resurrection of our warrior past is about to begin!" - Pre Vizsla
    IMG_0877.JPG
    Darth Maul sends Savage and his army, the Shadow Collective to attack Mandalore, with the Death Watch sent after to arrest them and look like heroes to the Mandalorians. While Maul hopes to build a new galactic underworld on the scale of the Republic and Separatists, Vizsla plans to betray Maul so none of that will happen. However, what Vizsla doesn't know is that Maul and Savage are aware of his plans of betrayal.
    Finally, we get the Death Watch takeover of Mandalore we were promised back in the second season, and everything fits as it was meant to.
    From the attack of the criminals, to the rescue from Death Watch, everything is planned out so nicely, and executed so well, it's the perfect plan. It's exactly what Death Watch needed to get back into power and bring Mandalore back to its warrior roots.
    Plot wise, everything is geniusly put in place. The villains both plan on the betrayal coming, Vizsla wants to take back power from Maul, and Maul knows this, they both believe they are using each other to get what they want, and it all comes down to who is one step ahead, and it turns out Maul is that extra step ahead. It's so much fun watching the villains screwing each other over, and with characters as memorable as them, there is never a dull moment.
    Then there is the action. There are plenty of great scenes during the takeover, but the true stand out moment of the whole episode is Maul vs Vizsla. A Sith vs a Mandalorian.
    The fight is at least two minutes of glory. Vizsla puts everything he has into the fight, all his weapons, his skill, his jetpack, he unleashes everything on Maul, and Maul doesn't even use the Force, he fights Vizsla fairly with pure warrior aggression and skill of his own. He doesn't rely on trickery in combat, just his blade and his own strength. Maul is one of the most badass characters in all of Star Wars, he could've probably Force choked Vizsla during the fight, but he didn't, and I love that. I also love when he claims the darksaber and executes Vizsla.
    The scene that follows is also so great. I'd be ashamed if I skimmed over that scene. It's the moment where Bo-Katan gets some character and tries to stand up against Maul, but she fails as most of the others join Maul. Maul's line is so great when he orders the Death Watch to attack.
    Bo-Katan: You're all traitors!
    Maul: Unfortunately for you, history will not see it that way. Execute them!
    Shades of Reason was nothing short of amazing! I love it when a plan comes together!

The Lawless
    "Your noble flaw is a weakness shared by you and your duchess. You should have chosen the dark side, Master Jedi." - Darth Maul
    IMG_0878.JPG
    Satire Kryze manages to contact the Jedi Temple to receive Obi-Wan's help, but she plays right into Darth Maul's hands when Obi-Wan comes. Meanwhile, Maul's other enemies make their moves against him, Bo-Katan's Nite Owl rebels, and Maul's former master, Darth Sidious.
    Holy crap! What a way to finish this arc! It has everything a finale needs!
    Immediately we see how Mandalore changes under Maul's rule. The Death Watch wear red armor now, the crime lords are allowed to do business, and the city has this more quiet feel to it. For some reason there are less people. Even though no one knows Maul is in charge, I've never seen Mandalore this quiet before, so the effectiveness of his rule is there.
    It was also kind of a great throwback to see the cadets from the Academy grown up now. I think they may have been involved in the Siege of Mandalore had the show continued. In general, this episode does have a number of fun callbacks. The Twilight returns, Obi-Wan wears his Rako Hardeen disguise, Tee Va appears (okay, maybe that episode wasn't as fun, but still...).
    We also see how Maul takes his revenge on Obi-Wan, and it wasn't always about killing him. It was about suffering. When he met Satine last episode, he told her that he would have use for her, and I think even though it wasn't mentioned to him just how close they were as most people didn't, but he just has this good sense about it when Obi-Wan comes to help her.
    So when Maul kills Satine, it is great! The pure villainy Maul puts in the scene, slowly choking her before stabbing her in front of Obi-Wan makes it so beautifully spiteful. This now makes it two people close to Obi-Wan that Maul killed in front of him, and that evil smile he has was so epically evil! I also love the score in this scene. The track, "Maul Breaks Obi-Wan" is a perfect blend of Satine's theme and the "Death of a Master" track to convey Obi-Wan's sadness, and Maul's triumph of successfully breaking Obi-Wan's spirit. After twelve years of suffering, to see Obi-Wan in so much pain must be so satisfying.
    Bo-Katan gets a really great moment after she helps Obi-Wan out, and it was a pretty big twist. In the episode, we see her working with the cadets to try and save Satine, and there is a little interaction between them showing that they knew each other, during a time when they weren't enemies. It later pays off at the end when Bo-Katan helps Obi-Wan escape Mandalore, and he figures out that she is Satine's sister. Then there is a moment where Bo-Katan is dead silent as Obi-Wan says "I'm so sorry." She didn't see her sister die, and this must be the first time she heard the news. She probably feels many different emotions, sadness, guilt, anger, there is so much to motivate her for the Siege of Mandalore.
    The action is also amazing. Like Shades of Reason, there were a lot to great action scenes, but the climax is the one that stands out.
    Darth Sidious comes to Mandalore himself to fight Maul. I never thought we would ever see Darth Sidious in the flesh when this show began, as his role is mostly as the puppet master, taking command from behind the scenes. I thought we would only see him as a hologram, but when he stepped off of that ship, it was a great moment. A moment when Darth Sidious does something himself is definitely going to be a memorable moment. It does not disappoint when Sidious comes onto the scene and duels with both Maul and Savage. The action scene is incredible, both Maul and Savage put up a great fight, and Sidious shows off his badass skill with two lightsabers.
    Savage also gets one of the saddest deaths of Star Wars in my opinion. In this arc, Maul has asserted his dominance over Savage, letting him know he is superior, thinking of him more as an apprentice than a brother. But when Sidious stabs Savage, and Maul says "Brother!", it's at that moment we realize Maul still cared about Savage. Even though Maul was an evil Sith Lord, he still cared about his brother, and when Savage dies in front of him, you can just feel his rage boiling as Sidious taunts him, and then Maul's fight with Sidious becomes even more intense. He even manages to fight Sidious on almost even ground in terms of lightsaber combat, but it's Sidious's Force abilities that outclass Maul.
    The Lawless is definitely one of the best Clone Wars episodes, and this arc is one of the absolute best of the show. Maul's finest moments were during the Clone Wars, and this arc shows how far her has come.
  8. Logan Lucky
    "First there was Logan, and now there's Logan Lucky in the same year. At least this one's better."
    IMG_0874.PNG
    Logan Lucky is a heist movie that is also apparently a comedy. When I put the "apparently" in there, you can guess that this is another one of those comedies you can't really tell is a comedy. At least that's how it was for me because apparently people I know are going nuts over it. I don't want to give off the wrong message here, because apparently this is the third critically acclaimed movie I'm giving an unpositive review to this year (there could be more, but who's counting?).
    Two brothers from West Virginia put together a team to start a heist and rob NASCAR.
    That is my TV guide description of Logan Lucky.
    Now, this movie rubbed me the wrong way, because of its portrayal of people from West Virginia. Little known fact, I am originally from that state, I recently moved, but I still spent a majority of my years there, and the way this movie portrays West Virginia natives is really offensive!
    Every West Virginian in this movie talks with a stupid accent, listens to John Denver music, plays horseshoes with toilet seats, and overall just acts so cringeworthy, and at times primitive. Is this how the director sees West Virginians?! I don't have a stupid accent, I talk normally, I never threw a toilet seat in my life, I listen to rock music, not John Denver, I actually am sick of the song "Country Roads"!
    I know a lot of people say that I'm easily offended, including my friends, but how could you not be offended? It's like the English racism in Minions, how could someone not be offended by that?!
    The main factor of a comedy is to make the audience laugh. But where are the jokes? I've seen this happen a lot, where a movie tries to fall under the comedy genre, but you can't even tell what the jokes are. Most of the time this is the case. I guess the jokes must be so bland I never even know they're there.
    The heist part however is where the best writing is for the movie. The elaborate details and planning of the heist are intriguing. It was probably the most fun part about the movie.
    The movie is actually well shot and fairly well paced. I thought the movie was going to be a drag, I just had this worried feeling, but it actually wasn't painfully long.
    The acting is also fairly well done. I enjoy Adam Driver the most out of this movie, because even though he was playing a stereotype, I couldn't be too mad at him because he does come off as the most likable character.
    But still, it doesn't help the movie's cringe factor, there was a scene that I absolutely hated of...well, spoiler warning if you want to remain unaware.
    Where Channing Tatum's daughter is in this weird pageant thing, and Tatum ends up somehow getting there right on time, and she changes the song she was going to sing to Country Roads. That was kind of dumb as it was, but then the audience starts singing along, and my eye started twitching a lot because I could only cringe so much before it turned into a full on twitch. I hated that cheesy-ass scene, and it's only made dumber when the kid actually wins the pageant from that stupidity!
    That would be like if I was in a comedy contest, and I had some good jokes lined up, a routine that I was going to do, and then all of the sudden I dropped all of that, put on a gorilla mask and shouted "I am Harambe!" It would obviously be the most random thing ever, and there would be no way I would win like that, and not just because I'm sure a lot of guys before me did a lot of Harambe jokes!
    At the very least I can say that at least the movie isn't rated-R, and that it doesn't try to get us emotional, so I can't really remain mad at it, it will probably be forgotten by next week.

Logan Lucky gets a rating of 4 out of 10 so try harder.

This seems to be an age of forgettable movies now.
  9. Secret Weapons
    "So I hear we're going to be taking out Separatists!" - WAC-47
    IMG_0870.JPG
    The Republic needs to decode a transmission they intercepted from General Grievous. They put together a team of droids led by Colonel Meebur Gascon to infiltrate a Separatist dreadnaught, and steal an incryption module. However, as Gascon tries to lead the droids, he is constantly irritated by the hyperactive WAC-47.
    Well, it's official. My mother is not a fan of droid-based episodes. When she saw that this arc was going to be focused around droid characters, I think there was a great deal of complaining from her. Truthfully, I do enjoy this arc. It's not one of my favorite Clone Wars arcs, but for a droid based arc it does do a good job.
    I absolutely love the character WAC-47, he's constantly awesome throughout the arc. Ben Diskin appears to play a lot of fun characters, and WAC-47 is no exception. I love his energy, and how much he seems to troll everyone while enjoying every minute of it. He also thinks he is a special little snowflake just because he's the only pit droid on the team. I'd love to have him as my droid. WAC steals the show.
    Stephen Stanton also does a good job as Gascon. He has a big temper for a little dude, and it is fun watching his interactions with WAC and the team.
    The other droids besides R2-D2 don't have a lot of character to them, just some cool upgrades, but what can we expect? The arc is mostly about R2, WAC and Gascon. Hell, the show's title turns blue for R2!
    The episode thankfully has a lot of great comedy, and a good dynamic between characters to keep it going, and the mission itself is pretty fun. My mother did say that droid based episodes are detours from the war just to give the regular voice actors a day off, but I don't really see this episode as a detour, it is still pretty relevant to the war, and while it may not be an epic story of good vs evil, it's never a boring episode.
    It's a simple episode that had a simple job. It did work for me. I wouldn't call it one of my favorite episodes, but I do enjoy it.

A Sunny Day in the Void
    "Why is this happening to me?!" - Meebur Gascon
    IMG_0871.JPG
    D-Squad crashes on the wasteland planet of Abafar, in the middle of a vast, empty void. The void starts to drive Meebur Gascon crazy as he searches desperately for a way out.
    Well, this happened. And by this, I mean not much. I think the least amount of stuff happens in this episode than the rest of the series. The arc could've easily been three episodes long, but since everything in season five is a four-part arc, they decided they needed a fourth episode in this arc, and we get this filler episode.
    I don't hate this episode completely, but it is a pretty pointless one. Almost a whole episode with the characters traveling through an endless wasteland, what else can I really say?
    Gascon goes crazy, WAC has funny moments, there are a bunch of birds at the end. It's an episode really about nothing. That actually was George Lucas's intention according to the episode guide, and whether or not it works kind of depends on how you feel about the characters. If you enjoy WAC and Gascon, you may be alright with this episode. If you don't like the characters, this episode must be torture for you.
    Personally I do like the characters, so I did enjoy some of the comedic scenes with WAC. Overall, I do admit that this episode is pointless, and there are so many better episodes.

Missing in Action
    "Don't worry about me! You made me remember who I am! I'll make my way home, I promise! Now go!" - Captain Gregor
    IMG_0872.JPG
    Finding a settlement on Abafar, Meebur Gascon and WAC-47 discover a clone trooper who has amnesia, and works as a dishwasher in a diner. Meanwhile, R2-D2 and the other astromechs discover a Republic shuttle guarded by battle droids, and the clone, Gregor may be their only hope to get off the planet.
    As far as clone characters go, Gregor is probably one of the ones I like the most (in this series anyway, I will get to that later). He's actually a very likable guy as he is, he doesn't know he is a clone, let alone a commando, one of the elite troopers. It's intriguing to watch him start to question the life he's had so far, and slowly regain his memories. When he remembers the Battle of Sarrish, it is a pretty interesting moment to hear him talk about that battle. Though I do wish they had actually had an episode about it.
    As far as the rest of the episode goes, it is pretty interesting to see this town on Abafar, and the interactions between WAC and Gascon are funny as always, and there is a good action scene at the end.
    There isn't a ton to say about it overall, because while I do like the arc, it is a simple one overall. Not as layered or complex as other arcs of the show. It is good to have a simple story like this among all of the intense moments, the tragedies, and that even at this point in the war, the series still can have some mostly light hearted fun.
    The sacrifice of Gregor is a great scene because we have gotten the time to know this clone as a person off the battlefield first, and then saw him go back into the fight one last time. When he says that he will find his way home, it's a line that really gets to me, because we can feel Dave's regret at killing the character off.
    However, it turns out Gregor survived, and he appears in an episode of Rebels, and while I know this blog is about the Clone Wars, not Rebels, I can't stand what they did to Gregor. They turned this sympathetic character and brace soldier into a baffoon! He's a crazy old man in that show, and it is more shameful than funny. If they had just let Gregor's sacrifice stick, this scene would've stuck more, and if you truly believe Gregor died in that fight, then it works.
    Overall, this episode, like most of the arc, works as it is, and I personally think the sacrifice of Gregor should've been remembered, not...altered.

Point of No Return
    "I wasn't programmed for this!" - Battle droid
    IMG_0873.JPG
    D-Squad arrives on a Republic cruiser above Abafar, but soon discover that it has been taken over by droids, and has been loaded with a huge amount of rhydonium. The ship is being taken to a space station, Valor, where an important war conference is being held.
    The 100th episode of the Clone Wars...chronologically! Technically last episode is the 100th, but this episode is the true 100th. But it is fitting that the end of this arc is a milestone for the series.
    Like the rest of the arc, it is pretty simple. Logically I should've talked about the arc as a whole instead of by episode, because my opinion on the majority of the arc is the same. It's good, just not as amazing as the other stories of the show, but it has its highlights.
    This is a good conclusion to a good arc, and it had a good amount of funny moments with the droids, but when it had to be serious it was serious, such as the sacrifice of M5-BZ. Out of all of the droids, he did have the least amount of character because he was reduced to a vehicle for Gascon, but when his sacrifice does happen, the score gets me. They play the Death of a Master score, and I really love that track, so hearing it on any death or funeral scene makes it very effective, and it did that for Gascon's speech for the passing of BZ.
    And we did get introduced to the buzz droids in this episode, which we remember attacking Obi-Wan in Revenge of the Sith, and it was a lot of fun to see them swarming and attacking the droids.
    I know, I'm not talking as in depth about this episode as the others, because the episodes are so similar in regards to tone, content and such that it's hard to think of a lot of differences.
    Though there is one thing this episode has. This big, awesome explosion at the end, which is so colorful, and so huge, that the explosion itself was a spectacle! I always get excited to see the explosion when I rewatch the episode, with all of the color, the debris, the impact. The animators really went all out with this explosion! The great Michael Bay would be proud!
    All in all, this was a simple, but good arc. It's a big accomplishment for a story about droids, because in the past with R2 and 3PO, the attempts were less than successful.
  10. The Gathering
    "Petro, Ganodi, Byth, Katooni, Zatt, and Gungi, the time has come for you to build your own lightsabers." - Ahsoka
    IMG_0866.JPG
    Ahsoka takes six younglings to the planet, Ilum, the sacred home of the kyber crystals used to power lightsabers. The younglings have until the entryway to the crystal cave is sealed off to find their crystals, but soon they find that the biggest obstacles are themselves.
    The Gathering is one of my favorite episodes of the Clone Wars. It may not be a huge battle, but it has everything it needs where it counts. The Gathering is huge in regards to Star Wars lore, as this is the first time we ever see Ilum in canon, the home of lightsaber crystals.
    But also, that little flashback to when Plo Koon meets little Ahsoka, I'm so glad they added that sweet little moment in the opening narration.
    Ilum is more than I ever could've dreamed it to be. It's such a great looking planet, with a very harsh snowy environment so non-Jedi would not know where to find the cave, and the cave inside is full of crystals, but they aren't that easy to find. The younglings have to earn their own crystals.
    The youngling characters have to conquer their own demons as they enter the cave, and they are pretty well established from basic character traits that do go a long way to developing them. You have an inconfident youngling, Katooni, a doubtful youngling, Ganodi, an impatient youngling, Gungi, a selfish youngling, Petro, a dependent youngling, Zatt, and a fearful youngling, Byth.
    All of these characters have their own journeys to go on, and all of them are given an appropriate amount of time dedicated to each one so it doesn't seem like favortism from the writers. And the way they have to earn their crystals makes it more interesting to watch.
    The fact that only the youngling destined for one of the crystals can see them is also a great touch, making the crystals more special to them. It's further explained in Ahsoka's novel that the crystals have their own song to be heard by the Jedi they are meant for, which is something you may not catch right away, but there is this one scene where the younglings are at a crossroads, and decide to close their eyes and point in a random direction, which will be where they go to find their crystals. That moment could be the crystals themselves singing out to the younglings for them to find.
    It's great to have Ahsoka and Yoda both there to act as figures of wisdom. I bet Yoda probably has to do this every Gathering, but having Ahsoka there also makes a ton of sense because she passed the Gathering twice, and that is bound to earn her some points for this expedition.
    The Gathering is an amazing episode that is actually a major point in the Star Wars lore. The characters are likable, I love seeing Ilum, the journey is exciting, it's a really fantastic story.

A Test of Strength
    "You want the crystals? Come and get them!" - Ahsoka
    IMG_0867.JPG
    After the younglings have collected their kyber crystals, they can now begin construction on their own lightsabers under instruction of Professor Huyang. However, Hondo Ohnaka and his pirate crew attack their ship, hoping to steal the crystals and become rich. Ahsoka and the younglings both come up with their plans to fight back.
    Oh, Hondo. Why did you do this to me, man? I thought we had an honorable understanding.
    Oh well, this episode continues with the great lore of the arc, with the construction of the lightsabers themselves, and you guys know how much I love Star Wars lore. It all starts with Huyang, voiced by David Tennant (some people I know may have some comments about that), and he is just so great. Huyang is a droid, which makes him the perfect instructor for the many generations of Jedi, because with how long the Jedi were around, if any organic did it, they would get old. And he delivers an excellent amount of knowledge and wisdom about lightsabers, and seems to be programmed by the Jedi to understand how special they are.
    We also see how the Jedi decide the hilt of their lightsabers. Not just what they think it will be like, but what would feel right in their hands. Every lightsaber is unique to its owner's needs, and as the younglings construct their lightsabers, it is great to see.
    Hondo Ohnaka is back, and I get very excited when Hondo comes on, but in this episode, he gets a little too dark, willing to kill children for crystals, even though he isn't supposed to mess with Jedi, it feels pretty out of character. We know he's willing to do a lot for money, but he's still a pirate of honor, and values his friends. Being villainous doesn't suit him in this episode (or the next).
    It is fun to see how the younglings fight back against the pirates, especially when Petro tricks one of the pirates to use his lightsaber, which is made incorrectly, and the lightsaber explodes in his face. I enjoy that trick now even more than when I first saw it, because it is a technique that carries onto the Ahsoka novel.
    I will avoid major spoilers for the book in case you haven't read it, but the scene where that happens is freaking amazing!
    This episode was a lot of fun, though one thing that I have to complain about is the ending. It doesn't feel right to me. I feel like Huyang or one of the younglings should've been captured on the pirate ship instead of Ahsoka (because she is my favorite, yes, but it still makes more sense storywise).
    Another fun adventure in this great arc.

Bound for Rescue
    "I've learned from my master that sometimes doing the right thing means bending the rules." - Ahsoka
    IMG_0868.JPG
    When General Grievous attacks Obi-Wan's ship, he is unable to go to Florrum and help Ahsoka. The younglings decide to stage their own rescue before Hondo Ohnaka can ransom Ahsoka away to other criminals.
    Hondo's being a d*ck in this episode. He redeems himself later, but that happened. He was the most out of character in this episode, and it made me very nervous that I would turn on him when this episode first aired.
    Still, I did like the episode, even though Hondo acting out of character may have weakened it compared to the rest of the arc.
    It did have some fun things in it, like Grievous's attack on Obi-Wan's cruiser, especially when he killed a clone by decapitating him with his foot.
    And the younglings are still great characters, and I do like that they won't just wait around for Obi-Wan to help them, they go out to help Ahsoka themselves.
    But another thing is that I think Ahsoka should've saved herself in this episode. We know she's powerful, and when Anakin and Obi-Wan were Hondo's prisoners, they didn't just wait for Jar Jar to come in to rescue them. They tried to escape, and I think Ahsoka would've succeeded in escaping the first chance she got. The pirates were all getting drunk, there was a carnival going on, she could've easily freed herself. They don't explain very well if the pirates were using special Force restraining binders, or if they give their Force sensitive prisoners something to dull their connection, so she should've escaped.
    The carnival stuff is amusing though, with all of the colorful species and animals, the stunts of the younglings, it was pretty fun.
    Not much else to say about this episode, but at least Hondo redeems himself next time.

A Necessary Bond
    "I know droids, and I know Grievous. With my help, you stand a better chance." - Ahsoka
    IMG_0869.JPG
    With their ship destroyed, Ahsoka and the younglings are stuck on Florrum when General Grievous arrives on the planet triumphantly, and imprisons Hondo Ohnaka as revenge on Count Dooku's behalf. To escape Grievous, Ahsoka forms an alliance with the pirates to break Hondo out of prison, and hurry to his private stash of starships.
    Oh yeah! I love this episode so much! Based off the picture you can see a pretty huge reason right there! Freaking awesome!
    But in all seriousness, this might be my favorite episode of the Clone Wars. Of course it doesn't hurt that my dream rematch occurred on screen. This arc was a great ride, and this was an amazing conclusion to end it on.
    It's so great to see Ahsoka taking leadership of the pirates and younglings, and having them all come together for this battle not to win against the sheer numbers of the droids, but to get off the planet.
    When the Separatists arrive, they come in with an amazing air of power to them. They immediately gun down pirates and storm the stronghold, with Grievous immediately putting Hondo in his place. It just feels so awesome to watch every scene go down from the moment they come in and take command.
    Katooni finally overcomes her own obstacle. We thought we saw her overcome it to get her crystal, but it turns out that she still had to gain more confidence when constructing her own lightsaber, and that making one isn't just about putting it together, but to trust that it belongs together.
    It feels so great to see Hondo back to his old lovable self. Being captured by Grievous and rescued by Ahsoka seems to be what it takes for him to gain back his appreciation.
    We also finally see what Hondo did with the Slave 1. It returns with the paint job we know from the original trilogy. When Dave Filoni confirmed that Hondo took Slave 1, I was always curious if we would see it again, and it was great to see it pay off that way.
    And the action scenes, when they get going, they really get going and do not let up on their epicness. The pure beauty and intensity of the battle between the alliance and the pirates was an awesome display. Then when Ahsoka and Grievous have their rematch of the century, it is the true spectacle. The two of them crossing blades with determination and the thrill of combat. Ever since I saw Ahsoka with her two lightsabers, I always wanted to see her fight Grievous again, but next time he would use his four arms, both of them would clash get in some great attacks, and both would walk away from the duel. The episode gave me exactly what I wanted.
    Such an amazing episode that gave me everything I could've wanted out of it. Great characters, some redemption for Hondo, the rematch I always wanted to see, and a great way to seal the deal. That is why I love A Necessary Bond!
  11. A War on Two Fronts
    "You're a terrible soldier, Bonteri!" - Saw Gerrera
    IMG_0862.JPG
    An insurgency on Onderon calls for the help of the Jedi, but as this matter is internal, the Jedi cannot be involved. However, Anakin decides to train the rebels on Onderon to fight for themselves, and hopefully inspire more people of Separatist worlds to rise up against them. Ahsoka goes with Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Captain Rex to Onderon so they can begin right away.
    Oh no! Four episodes with Bonteri! I get enraged over one!
    Thankfully, it isn't an entire episode about Bonteri. In fact, this episode did introduce us to Saw Gerrera. I remember getting really excited to see Saw in Rogue One, because the Clone Wars introduced him to us, and he was the most memorable new character of this four part arc. Also, because Saw's appearance in that movie was a beacon of hope, that we could see more Clone Wars characters appearing in the live action movies. Saw was the most interesting and most likable member of the Onderon rebellion. But let's be honest, he doesn't have a lot of competition.
    Just going to get it out of the way, Bonteri is a terrible soldier! Saw put it best, and that was kind of a bonding moment between audience and character. I'm sure you guys hear me rage about Bonteri's existence enough, so I won't repeat it over and over through these four episodes.
    It is interesting to see the Jedi training the rebels to fight the droids, and the training exercises on how to fight them are very instructive and interesting.
    However, the training scenes are the most interesting thing about the episode, as the drama of this episode is where is falls flat. We all know Ahsoka can do better, so the show really needed to stop making it look like Bonteri could've been a love interest. But their solution was to make a lot triangle, and that was not fun or interesting, it made Steela pretty unlikable early on, and it wasn't a good sign. Fortunately they dropped the triangle aspect and made it a Steela and Bonteri romance like they should've in later episodes.
    My mother actually thought the love triangle was between Saw, Steela and Bonteri, and my response was "No, she's his sister, they wouldn't let this on Cartoon Network if it was like that!" Granted, it isn't until the second episode when we learn Saw and Steela are siblings, so she may not have been the only one to think that early on.
    The episode isn't as bad as I thought it would be when it first aired. Anytime I saw Bonteri's face I worried about what he may to do the episode, but thankfully the episode was saved by Saw and some training scenes.

Front Runners
    "Hey! You're not a droid! Get down from there!" - Battle droid
    IMG_0863.JPG
    Ahsoka stays behind on Onderon as an advisor to the rebels, who plan a large scale attack on a power generator to overwhelm the droids. Meanwhile, Sanjay Rash, king of Onderon is starting to see the terrorist movement against him as a threat.
    Front Runners is the second part in the Onderon arc, and not a very exciting one. Sure, it is a necessary episode, seeing that we spent last episode on the training of the rebels, so this episode is about them putting what they've learned into action, but it does kind of make it predictable in a sense.
    Everything is so mapped out, you can kind of guess how these situations will play out when they present themselves. This is the kind of stuff I think they should've covered at the end of the first episode instead of making it the whole focus of the second episode.
    King Rash does not do much, but I do find his design of a stereotypical evil king taking a bite out of a jogen fruit to look like even more of an a*shole to be very amusing, but not amusing on the same level as I find comedy based characters like Ziro the Hutt amusing. Rash just kind of looks funny, but he doesn't do funny things. If they made him like a comedically pathetic character, it probably would've worked more, or if they made him a character we should fear as a ruler that could've worked, but he really is just a puppet for Dooku that sits in his chair and eats fruit. The dentist must love him though.
    The droids do have good moments though, I do like the battle droid humor of this arc. It's not as memorable as other episodes, but it does the job. I am proud of that commando droid for punching Bonteri in the face, but then I feel a great shame for him later when Bonteri is the one that kills him.
    And Onderon is a good looking place. I do like the design of the city, as while we have seen royal cities in the show before, each one seems to have its unique look, and Onderon's does have this Assassin's Creed time period vibe to it that does make it stand out.
    There isn't really a lot to talk about this episode. It's just kind of not exciting as others. But at least after this one, the arc really picks up.

The Soft War
    "Go write a speech about it." - Saw Gerrera
    IMG_0864.JPG
    As the Onderon rebellion grows with Steela Gerrera as leader, the super tactical droid, General Kalani brings reinforcements to Onderon. The former king of Onderon, Ramsis Dendup is ordered to be executed, but Saw Gerrera decides to rescue him, getting himself caught as well. Ahsoka may have to get involved to make sure the rebels succeed.
    The Soft War finally picks up the pace for the arc. We finally get more excitement from this episode, some great action, fun characters, and such.
    Saw has some great moments in this episode where we see him in action, like when he singlehandedly takes out an AAT. This kind of awesomeness makes me question why they made Steela leader.
    I really liked General Kalani, when we got that little glimpse of him back in Front Runners, it was immediately intriguing. A droid with the rank of general? Must be important! He had this great air of command to him when he arrived on the scene, he instantly took charge and did have a very intelligent and intimidating presence from that voice done by Greg Berger.
    David Kaye also does a good job voicing General Tandin of the Onderon militia. His character is pretty basic, a guy fighting for the wrong side who has to be convinced, and you could argue he should've been introduced in a previous episode, but I thought he did good and served his purpose.
    I also really liked the execution device in the episode, even though I knew it wasn't going to be used. There was a scene where Rash put his fruit in there and the MagnaGuards turned on the machine and sliced the fruit in half with a ray shield. For a device that brutal, you know they aren't going to kill the former king with it, but it's still cool to see.
    I am really happy that there is no love triangle drama forced in there, and that Ahsoka is starting to show concern for the rebels as a whole. When she finally takes action, that gets me really excited when she unleashed a really powerful Force push to knock over all of the droids.
    The Soft War was a good episode, and it is what this arc needed to get going. It leaves off on a very promising note, but does the next episode live up to that?

Tipping Points
    "Well, as long as you're not paying me in credits, I'm sure I can accommodate your wishes, Master Jedi!" - Hondo Ohnaka
    IMG_0865.JPG
    General Kalani sends a powerful new droid gunship to wipe out the Onderon rebellion. The gunship devastates the rebels, and the Jedi Council refuse to support their movement anymore. However, thanks to Anakin's own defiance, Ahsoka gets the help she needs from Hondo Ohnaka.
    I can't begin to tell you how happy I was when Steela kissed Bonteri! That was the moment when we knew that he would no longer be an intrusion in Ahsoka's life, and she was finally free of his creepy Justin Bieberness. After this episode, the two of them never meet again, and a great sigh of relief was breathed out with this being the last time we see the terrible character of Lux Bonteri, it is a breath of fresh air to leave the tunnel of evil.
    Still, for that relief, Tipping Points doesn't exactly have the epicness of a finale that I was hoping for. Last episode, the Separatists knew Ahsoka was involved, so she could've joined the battle like the others, cut down waves of droids, kept the tide in their favor. There was one scene where she destroyed two droids. One scene.
    The action overall for the episode is great, I love the introduction of the droid gunships, and how powerful they really are. I remember they were background ships in Revenge of the Sith, but it felt so great to see what exactly hey can do, and how powerful they are. We definitely see a lot more of them and their effectiveness, their ray shield protection, the amount of weaponry they have, the fact that they can deploy droids in battle. It's so great to see all of these cool features!
    It's also great to see Hondo again! This season does have some of Hondo's greatest highlights, and I look forward to covering those.
    Overall, Tipping Points is on the better half of the Onderon arc, though I am left with a feeling of wanting more out of this episode. It had missed opportunities (and I'm not just talking about the fact Bonteri survived), but it does have more pros than cons.
  12. Massacre
    "I have always been greater than you!" - General Grievous
    IMG_0858.JPG
    Asajj Ventress returns to Dathomir, and decides to leave the ways of the dark side to become a true Nightsister. Count Dooku sends General Grievous to Dathomir with a massive army to wipe out the Nightsisters, but they are ready to fight back. The greatest warriors shall prevail.
    Massacre! What an awesome episode! This was an episode of the series I was hoping to get ever since Ventress went rogue, I was hoping that Dooku would send Grievous after her, and this episode became an instant favorite to me when I first saw it.
    The episode delivers on its name, the Battle of Dathomir is an all out massacre, they spare no expense in sending this massive invasion force to destroy Ventress and the Nightsisters. The moment Dooku sends Grievous to carry out the deed, and we see the landing ships all taking off as Grievous prepares for battle, it is already a sight to behold!
    Then seeing how the Nightsisters and droids fight is a great display. We see the droids unleash everything on these Nightsisters, from troops, to tanks, to bombers, to the return of the defoliator! It is glorious to see this beautiful battle unfold! There are even zombies in this fight, and I don't mind! The way they incorporate the zombies is very geniusly done. If Nightsisters die, they are hung in special cocoons, and Daka, the oldest Nightsister has a special spell to bring life to their corpses.
    It's also great to see Ventress starting on a new path from the dark side, and kind of tragic that the point where she starts her new life, she loses everything.
    It's so great to see Grievous and Ventress fighting in this episode. The duel is intense for how short it is, but it is purposefully done in a way that it had no conclusion to keep it so that neither side of this contest would have bragging rights.
    And speaking of Grievous, this is the episode we needed to show him do things we have dreamed of seeing him do in the show! Wiping out a civilization, fighting legions of zombies and witches, burning Dathomir to the ground, saving Dooku's life, it's amazing!
    From start to finish, Massacre is a non stop ride of awesomeness, explosions, a display of Grievous destroying so much ass! It just gets me really pumped up talking about it! I freaking love this episode!

Bounty
    "She's a little rough around the edges, but we need six hunters. Without her, we've got no job." - Latts Razzi
    IMG_0859.JPG
    After her people were wiped out by General Grievous, Asajj Ventress goes to find her new way in the galaxy. When she kills a bounty hunter on Tatooine, she has to fill his place on a team with Bossk, Latts Razzi, Dengar, C-21 Highsinger, and Boba Fett. Their mission is to transport a treasure chest to the Belugan warlord, Otua Blank, while Kage warriors attack them.
    You guys remember my list of hottest Star Wars women, right? This is where we met Latts Razzi, and she made quite the impression when I first saw her. She is a beauty.
    Onto the episode, Bounty was also a great episode of the series, because one of the many impressive things the series did was transform Ventress, one of the most evil women in the galaxy into a character we can sympathize with and love. This episode really shows her transition from villain to bounty hunter in a very great way. She just lost everything after finally giving up on the dark side, and trying to start over. To see her find a future for herself is very satisfying after seeing her home and clan destroyed in the previous episode.
    The bounty hunter crew is also a lot of fun. It's great to see Bossk again, I love Latts Razzi, Highsinger is also a cool member, Dengar is kind of a joke in the team. It appears that Dengar is the one bounty hunter most people can't take seriously, I've seen a sketch of Robot Chicken where Dengar was just like a big joke of a bounty hunter compared to the rest, and it's clear that Dave Filoni watches Robot Chicken from casting Seth Green as Todo, and his hot wife Clare Grant is the voice of Latts Razzi. Would Latts and Todo have gotten together if the show continued?
    Also, Boba Fett does more in this episode as a twelve-year-old than he has in all of the Star Wars movies combined. It's kind of funny to think about, but there are some great scenes with young Boba fighting the Kage warriors.
    The planet Quarzite was also a great world. I really like how the planet's atmosphere is so pressurized that they absolutely can't do their mission the easy way. It shows how well thought out his episode is, and it shows that you can't visit every planet of the Star Wars universe as easily as landing your ship on it.
    The action on the train is just so great once it gets started. We see the different skills of all the bounty hunters, the excellent fighting style of the Kage warriors (which are the ninjas of Star Wars), and the scenery is very impressive as they fight all over the train. There is even a full shot of Boba walking through the train while shooting Kage warriors up to the point where he meets up with Latts and Highsinger.
    Also the ending is so great. It leaves us on a note of hope for Ventress's redemption. She hasn't fully gone over to good, but she's no longer evil (for the most part). Her story after the cancellation of the series has been continued in the novel, Dark Disciple, and it continues her path of redemption. It's a shame that we didn't see those episodes completed, but I'm just really glad we got that story in the official canon, because we're still waiting on a lot more stories from the show to be released!
    Bounty was an awesome episode, showing us that some people, even those who fell so far in life can still change.

Brothers
    "They say he drags things down, beneath, and they never come back up!" - Morley
    IMG_0860.JPG
    Savage Opress, still searching for his long lost brother makes his way to Lotho Minor, a planet covered in junk. Savage meets Morley, an Anacondan who guides him through the junk fields to help him find his brother. But what he will find may not be what Savage expects.
    Brothers, kind of different from all of the exciting action and intensity of the previous episode, but it's also still really investing and has its moments.
    Brothers is never boring, I think it's really interesting to watch Savage go on his journey to find his long lost brother. Also, the return of Maul seems to send a ripple through the Force, adding to how big this moment is in Star Wars history, how Darth Maul, the Sith Lord we all thought died when Obi-Wan cut him in half is officially alive and bloodthirsty.
    I freaking love Morley, he's just an awesome little dude! Okay, he's a snake so he's not little, but he's still awesome! Ben Diskin is amazing when it comes to voicing Morley, I've seen this guy do a lot of different voices before, and Morley appears to be a whole new field. He's really fun to watch through the episode as he travels with Savage, and can be really funny at times. It's such a shame that this was Morley's only episode, because I would've loved it if he traveled the galaxy with Maul and Savage as their animal sidekick. He really steals the show.
    When we do see Maul in this episode, after a lot of build up, the way they manage to do it is so impressive. The first time we see Maul, he's completely in the shadows so that he just looks like a big spider, but the closer Savage gets to him, the more we see of Maul until his terrifying true form is revealed.
    Sam Witwer is just awesome with how he voices Maul. He really goes the extra mile in voicing that pure insanity that has developed in his mind after all those years in isolation, slowly forgetting who he is, and all he has left is his rage and hate for Obi-Wan. We even see him quote the Sith code as the arrival of Savage brings back his memories. All of those mad ramblings sound like Maul recalling his past.
    "Mercy, Master? Mercy's a lie! A tool for the weak to think themselves strong! I ask not for mercy!" It sounds a lot like one of his lessons with Darth Sidious resurfacing through his mind at that very moment.
    I admit I was skeptical on Maul surviving being cut in half, but looking at this episode, the Clone Wars took him and did something really awesome with him!

Revenge
    "My hatred kept my spirit in tact even though my body was not, yet I was lost and became a rabid animal, and such is how you found me, brother! Discarded, forgotten! I have missed so much. The Force feels...out of balance." - Darth Maul
    IMG_0861.JPG
    Mother Talzin restores Darth Maul's broken mind, and now the Sith Lord seeks revenge he has waited twelve years for. The painful death of the man who almost killed him, Obi-Wan Kenobi!
    What else can I say? Darth Maul's back, Sam Witwer is a great choice for Maul, and he's out for revenge on Obi-Wan.
    Well, that's not all I'm going to say. The way that Talzin brought Maul back is really awesome and exciting, how she seems to be able to pull his insanity from his mind and then forge legs to Maul's body is just so amazing and brutal.
    The Clone Wars also got us to explore a side of Maul we never really saw. In the Phantom Menace, we saw Maul as a warrior and hunter, and while he is still a great warrior in the series, we also see him as a strategist and a bit of a mastermind as the show progresses. He gives us a little display when he goes to Raydonia and kills a village of innocent people, starting with the children. (I keep telling you the show is not for kids.) He knows that will draw out Obi-Wan through a Jedi's need to stop innocent bloodshed.
    It's also great to see how much Maul seems to effect Obi-Wan personally. Out of everyone Obi-Wan has faced, Maul gets under his skin the most because he killed his master. When Maul taunts Obi-Wan about killing Qui-Gon in front of him, we see one of the rare moments Obi-Wan loses control and attacks Maul in rage. This shows that even after all of his years of devotion to the Jedi code, it can all be undone in that instant by the pain Maul has caused him. The interactions between these two are nothing short of epic.
    The fight where Obi-Wan and Ventress team up against Maul and Savage is pretty impressive as well. Very rarely do we see enemies put aside their differences to fight together in the Star Wars universe because of the light and dark sides, but this is one of those rare occurances that is really special and fun to watch. Obi-Wan and Ventress have good chemistry with one another, cracking jokes like a married couple as they fight the brothers, it's something I never thought I would see when the series began.
    Revenge is but a start of the great things the Clone Wars does with Maul, and it is a great beginning.
  13. The Hitman's Bodyguard
    "Jeremy Jahns already made the Marvel joke I wanted to make for this movie, so no point in repeating it."
    IMG_0856.JPG
    The Hitman's Bodyguard is an action comedy with a team up between Deadpool and Nick Fury we may never see in a Marvel movie.
    Ryan Reynolds is a security agent who protects people from one place to another, and he has to transport one of his enemies, played by Samuel L Jackson to a court to testify against an evil warlord.
    The Hitman's Bodyguard sounds like fun. Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L Jackson are both very talented actors, both of them have a lot of character themselves, and they bring a lot of fun to the roles they play. Not how I said the movie sounds like fun.
    In terms of tone and execution of the movie's plot, it is not as entertaining as it promises. I wanted to like this movie when I went to go see it, I knew that Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L Jackson would both be basically playing versions of themselves how we see them, there would most likely be a lot of violence and profanity with the R rating, and I would have to suck it up if I was going to make it through.
    The Hitman's Bodyguard sadly doesn't really know what to do, whether to be an action movie or a comedy. Its attempts to blend the two together don't mesh very well, as early on in the movie, the tone jumps around from a more serious action movie to a more goofy dark comedy. They could've picked one of those routes and gone with it, but trying to do both doesn't really work out for the movie's final product.
    Sometimes when the action is good, the comedy is lacking, sometimes when the comedy aspect is going on, the action is lacking.
    Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L Jackson do have good chemistry, and at many times that does save the movie. The two characters really hate each other and slowly as the movie goes on, they do have a sense of respect that forms pretty smoothly. Too had the rest of the movie isn't as smooth.
    I feel like the jokes for the most part are weak, there are some moments that do feel really forced, or repetitive, maybe there are one of two jokes that were chuckle worthy. The rest I have to wonder if they were even jokes. That's kind of a bad sign when your audience can't tell if you're joking or not.
    One joke that I feel was spoiled by the red band trailer is Samuel L Jackson's Kool Aid joke. That was easily the funniest line of the movie, at least for me. This is why I hate red band trailers, because as you know for most trailers for R-rated movies, green band trailers, they can't have nonstop profanity like the movies themselves because they want to show the trailers in front of more movies so they can attract their audience from within other crowds, so you still have scenes that you didn't see coming from the trailer so they have a good impact. Red band trailers can show the things they can't show in normal trailers, therefore the red band trailer for this movie was allowed to have the Kool Aid joke, and it ruined the best line of the movie for when I saw it myself. This is part of the reason every time I go to the theaters to see an R-rated movie, I am always upset to see a red band for a trailer.
    I also felt the movie was a little too long. Like, it could've been at least fifteen minutes shorter than it really was. There are sections of the movie that could be trimmed down to make it more condensed, some things that probably should've been cut entirely.
    The movie isn't unwatchable, exactly, it's just a movie that doesn't deliver the enjoyment that you would hope for. If you like the two actors, odds are you are going to see the movie regardless, but you'll probably be better off watching...okay, I can't think of any other comedies currently in theaters to watch.

The Hitman's Bodyguard gets a rating of 4 out of 10 so try harder.
  14. Deception
    "You got a problem with Boba, you got a problem with me!" - Bossk
    IMG_0850.JPG
    Obi-Wan fakes his death at the hand of the bounty hunter, Rako Hardeen in order to carry out a plan for the Jedi Council. Obi-Wan disguises himself as Hardeen to be sent to prison for his own assassination, and learn the plan of Separatist mastermind, Morallo Eval. While in the prison, Obi-Wan learns that Eval has hired Cad Bane to break him out from the inside, and must earn Eval's trust to be included in his plan.
    This arc isn't one of the Clone Wars' strongest stories, but looking back on it and rewatching these episodes, they are far from the worst, I already covered the worst episodes of the series, but when these episodes aired originally, I remember a few of my friends getting really annoyed with this arc. Me personally, I've definitely already seen worse at the time.
    The episode, Deception does start out fairly predictable, because anyone who watched the movies knows that if you open up your episode with Obi-Wan Kenobi being shot off a building, it's 100% going to be a faked death, because Obi-Wan is alive in later Star Wars movies.
    Still, the way they handle the moment is pretty effective. When Ahsoka holds Obi-Wan's body in her arms, and she looks up at Anakin with tears in her eyes, it is an effective moment because we could imagine how she feels, not knowing the secret plan. We even get a funeral for Obi-Wan in the Jedi Temple, with a lot of guests who were close to him, including Satine. They really went all out.
    The funeral does add to the lore a little bit. Even though when Qui-Gon Jinn died his body was burned, it probably has something to do with what a Jedi would've wished if they died, whether be buried in the temple, or burned on the world they died at.
    When Obi-Wan does disguise himself as Rako Hardeen, the episode does get pretty entertaining. Obi-Wan really commits to his disguise, such as when a Karkaradon tries to bully him, and he threatens him.
    Also, sadly, my mother made a really racist comment about the Karkaradon. I tried to stop her, but it escalated too quickly and...this happened...
    Mom: Not him again!
    Me: That's not him! It's not Tamson!
    Mom: They're all the same to me!
    Me: Hey, that's racist!
    My deepest apologies to all shark people reading my blogs. I tried my best.
    But regardless, seeing Obi-Wan acting like a completely different person undercover, doing everything he can to hide who he really is, while trying not to cross any lines is actually handled really well. James Arnold Taylor, the voice of Obi-Wan also voices Hardeen, and this man has a ton of range when it comes to voice acting. I really have to hand it to him every time he voices a different character.
    Stephan Stanton also does a great job voicing Morallo Eval! I really like how much Eval seems to love himself, and think of himself as this perfect genius. He's always so casual in the way he talks, like even though he is a prisoner, he still has a sense of power to him.
    And the break out scene in the prison is also a really great part. Not only do we get to see Bossk again, but seeing the prisoners revolt against the clone troopers is a lot of fun. We see them all eager to escape, jumping at them immediately on the first chance they get, and not even stopping to switch the stolen weapons off stun.
    Deception is a pretty good episode. It's not really amazing, but it is a smart, intriguing episode, and it is good to see a story where Obi-Wan goes undercover.

Friends and Enemies
    "Who else wears a hat like that?" - Ahsoka
    IMG_0851.JPG
    After escaping prison, Obi-Wan (disguised as Rako Hardeen), Morallo Eval, and Cad Bane crash land on Nal Hutta to get new uniforms and weapons before going to Serenno. Bane doesn't trust his new acquaintance, Hardeen, and this complicates Obi-Wan's mission. Meanwhile, Anakin takes Ahsoka with him to avenge the death of his former master, unaware that he may cause it himself on this hunt.
    Well, this happened. As far as the arc goes, this felt like a filler episode compared to the rest of it, well, for the most part.
    For the first two acts, it's about the bounty hunters trying to get off Nal Hutta, crashing two ships, buying two ships, and such, nothing much happens in the episode. It's not that exciting, when most of the episode is just the distrust between Bane and Obi-Wan. Though it is nice to see Nal Hutta, and more about how it works there like its security force, and the shops (we do even see Indiana Jones's hat).
    There is one scene with Anakin and Palpatine talking in his office that does seem a little out of place. Sure, it is good to see Palpatine acting as Anakin's friend and manipulating him to act on his anger, but when Anakin referred to Obi-Wan as his best friend, I just had to be like "Excuse me, what about Ahsoka?! I'm sure your bond with her is much closer than with Obi-Wan!"
    The most exciting part of the episode is the third act, when Ahsoka and Anakin arrive on the scene, and we see Anakin acting more and more on his anger because of Obi-Wan's "death", and the scene where he attacks the bounty hunters is pretty much one of those moments I was waiting for the whole time. When the action goes down, it is a big relief.
    So this episode did not have much going for it. It wasn't bad exactly, but as a filler episode, it could've been better.

The Box
    "How dare you defy Morallo Eval?!" - Morallo Eval
    IMG_0852.JPG
    Morallo Eval makes it to Serenno to meet with Count Dooku, and enters both Cad Bane and Obi-Wan (disguised as Rako Hardeen) into a contest with nine other bounty hunters (would've been ten, but Bane killed one of them). The bounty hunters enter an obstacle course called the Box, which simulates certain situations a bounty hunter may encounter on the job. The five hunters who survive the Box to the end will be hired for Morallo Eval's plan to kidnap Chancellor Palpatine, and secure the release of all Separatist prisoners.
    The Box is my favorite episode of this arc, because out of everything in this arc, this is the most exciting and entertaining episode.
    It's really great to see the line up of bounty hunters they get for the course. You can kind of tell which ones will make it from how unique they are from the bunch, and which ones are going to end up being killed, but it is great to see Embo come back! Even if he is working for Dooku this time.
    The Box itself is a very well-designed, well constructed obstacle course, and not once does it fail to be a great joy to watch. Every room of the Box is a different challenge, each one has a different danger, and all of them perfectly simulate what might happen on a bounty hunter's mission. The lightsaber room especially was a cool addition. I wonder how they managed to make the room, and if those are real lightsaber blades, or fake ones that were made by more crude means.
    Also, seeing how Obi-Wan figures things out in the Box, and does still follow his Jedi instincts to help others was another great part about this episode. He's still being a hero even when he's disguised as a villain. Someone could see this as suspicious, but it is overall a smart plan to help as many of the bounty hunters as he can, because if they didn't survive, Obi-Wan would probably have to help Dooku himself.
    Speaking of Dooku, a great thing about this episode is watching him, and seeing him piece together Rako Hardeen's true identity. You can tell what he's thinking as he watches the scenes going on, especially when he makes Morallo Eval fight him. At the point where Obi-Wan has Eval beat, and Dooku orders him to finish him off, you can tell from Obi-Wan's refusal, that is Dooku's test. He wanted to test his theory, because Obi-Wan is one of the most devoted Jedi ever, and he knew that he wouldn't kill Eval unarmed.
    So the Box is a pretty awesome episode! I loved the challenges, I loved seeing the bounty hunters in action, Obi-Wan remains greatly entertaining, and this does take the cake for the best part of this four part arc.

Crisis on Naboo
    "Fighting off the entire Jedi security force would've been difficult, but now that they are gone, defeating you alone will be an easy task." - Count Dooku
    IMG_0853.JPG
    Count Dooku's plan to kidnap Chancellor Palpatine during Naboo's Festival of Light commences, and the bounty hunters, led by Cad Bane all have their individual duties. Obi-Wan (still disguised as Rako Hardeen) secretly helps the Jedi security force protecting the chancellor.
    As the final part of this arc that had its ups and downs, this episode was pretty disappointing. As a conclusion, it doesn't pay off on this great plan to capture Palpatine that we were promised.
    The episode did start off well, with the bounty hunters breaking into a warehouse, and discussing the plan of attack, but immediately after that, when you see Palpatine arriving, you can get the feeling that this isn't going to be as exciting as promised.
    The major problem of this episode is that there is too much build up, and not enough pay off. This is the last episode of a four part arc, we are pretty much all built up! We don't need to continue planning, we can jump into the actual kidnapping we were promised. If the episode started with the bounty hunters kidnapping Palpatine, and the rest of the episode was about Ahsoka, Anakin and Mace Windu trying to save him from Dooku and the bounty hunters, this episode could've been amazing.
    I feel Ahsoka's role was too small in this episode. She's put in charge of protecting Padmé and the other politicians, and while that could've still led to her doing something cool, she is completely out of the action once the attack finally starts! There was a deleted scene where Ahsoka and Plo Koon joined in the arrest of Morallo Eval, and I have to wonder why they chose to cut that! Why?! The more Ahsoka, the better.
    Still, there are things to appreciate about this episode. I am a fan of more lore building, and seeing an official Star Wars holiday like the Festival of Light is fun lore building. Anakin and Dooku's lightsaber duel was great, even though this is the third time this season they fought, it still had great choreography and style. Though, it probably should've ended with Obi-Wan vs Dooku. I feel like the only times Obi-Wan and Dooku ever get to fight is because Anakin is there too. These two never have a moment alone to duel. (I know there was that time in Attack of the Clones where they dueled, but honestly, Anakin was there too!)
    But it is overall still a big disappointment when we had all of this build up in the other three episodes in this arc, and were met with just more build up, the actual kidnapping they built up to being really rushed, and the aftermath of it still being something we have seen before fairly recently.
    I did originally consider this episode as one of my least favorites of the series until I saw the Lost Missions, then I looked at it more fondly.
  15. Kidnapped
    "I'm not so young anymore!" - Ahsoka
    IMG_0846.JPG
    The Togruta colony on the planet Kiros has vanished after Count Dooku's visit to the planet. After winning the battle with the droids there, Ahsoka and Anakin disable many bombs set throughout the city as Obi-Wan fights the Zygerrian commander, Dartz D'Nar.
    Kidnapped is the first in a trilogy of episodes based off of the Slaves of the Republic arc in the Dark Horse Clone Wars comics. I remember when I first read these comics back when they first came out, and how well they pulled me in. Of course, in this adaptation, there are a lot of differences between the canon episodes and the original comic. One major difference is the time setting. The original comic took place more in the early days of the Clone Wars, while the canon episodes take place in the middle to later years of the war. There were many design changes regarding the Togruta (to make them look more diverse in color and lekku design, and also the Zygerrians (because they looked too human in the comics). Finally, several characters of the comic were cut, notably General Grievous and Asajj Ventress. For Ventress that is clear because she is no longer Dooku's apprentice, but I have no idea why Grievous was cut.
    I could go on about all of the differences between the comics and the episodes, and tell you which one did better in which field, but I would rather cover that in a separate entry all together.
    For now, let's talk about how great Kidnapped is!
    Kidnapped is great as an adaptation of the comic. It keeps in great elements, takes out elements that didn't quite work, and spliced two volumes into one in a great way helpful to the story. The opening scene is a great remastered view of the opening of the comic.
    The Togruta designs are amazing. Togruta are my favorite species in the whole Star Wars universe, which is obvious from how much I love Togruta characters like Ahsoka and Shaak Ti. The show really captures the beauty of the Togruta with their unique colorful looks, their different styles of lekku and montrals, and of course differing features between female and male Togruta. Female Togruta have longer lekku than the males, while male Togruta have taller montrals than the females. It is so great to see more of this beautiful species, and the colony on Kiros looks fantastic as well!
    Also, as we see an arc about slavery, there is a lot of drama and anger within Anakin about this. They do portray his rage well in this episode, and how much is effects him to see a Zygerrian, a member from a species that thrives off slavery.
    The action scenes are amazing, my favorite part of the episode. Ahsoka gets all the best scenes when she jumps into action. Any moment she activates her lightsabers and fights the droids is beautifully animated and choreographed on screen! There are a ton of great moments of Ahsoka saving the day, and as we see from those scenes, Ahsoka is better with a lightsaber than Anakin. I really doubt Anakin would have anywhere near the amount of skill Ahsoka does, comparing their fighting styles in the show.
    Obi-Wan takes a beating in this episode from Dartz D'Nar, and it is one brutal smack down! Obi-Wan gets the crap beaten out of him a lot this season, but this and a beatdown which comes later do take the cake for brutal beatdowns.
    The blixus in this episode is also an interesting looking creature. I do enjoy the scene where Ahsoka and Anakin fight it, and it gives Anakin a beating while Ahsoka doesn't seem to have a problem with it for the brief time she fights it. This scene pretty much is a lot of proof that Ahsoka is a better fighter than Anakin.
    Kidnapped is a great start to this arc, and the best of the three episodes. It has amazing action, it changes things that needed change from the comic, and Ahsoka's triumph is always awesome!

Slaves of the Republic
    "Unhand me, brigand!" - Ahsoka
    IMG_0847.JPG
    To find the missing Togruta, Ahsoka, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Captain Rex go undercover on the planet Zygerria, where slavery still prospers. Anakin pretends to get close with the queen, Mirage Scintel, while Obi-Wan tries to find the slaves, but his luck turns sour.
    Slaves of the Republic is the continuation of the adaptation. Like Kidnapped, some of the changes are for the better, but there are still some things that are hard to watch.
    I know the Zygerrians are supposed to be pure evil slavers, but still, watching some of the horrible things they do in this episode is pretty hard. Granted they do some more evil stuff in the comics, but still, Zygerrians are being d*cks.
    But the episode is beautifully made, even for such an evil empire like Zygerria, it is fascinating to have a look around and see it, and all of the little details in it.
    Speaking of beauty, Ahsoka's dress in this episode! I sure hope she still keeps this dress in her later years, because...look at my list of hottest Star Wars women for reference.
    The episode unfortunately doesn't have a lot to discuss in terms of story and such. Being the middle chapter of the trilogy, it is kind of predictable how it will turn out even if you haven't read the comics. It is the necessary middle part that isn't nearly as exciting as the beginning or the end of the story, just kind of a slow point in between the epic stuff. You know you need it to understand the big picture, and there's no real harm in watching it, but you know where the awesome stuff is at.
    I do enjoy the episode for visual aspects, some cool stuff they do have in there. But it does have that middle part problem of only being necessary to fill the gap. Though Ahsoka in her slave dress was a great scene.

Escape from Kadavo
    "I'm gonna go help my people! I'll see if I can buy us some time!" - Ahsoka
    IMG_0848.JPG
    Count Dooku comes to Zygerria, outraged that Queen Miraj Scintel has made Anakin her slave rather than kill him, and he decides to do it himself. Meanwhile, Ahsoka and Anakin finally free themselves from captivity, and rush to find the Togruta, along with Obi-Wan and Captain Rex, who are forced into slavery with them on the planet Kadavo.
    The final chapter of the slaver arc ends on a great note. Not as high as its beginning, but still, a pretty awesome note.
    It is great to finally see Ahsoka and Anakin free in this episode, after the previous episode ended on a despairing note, it is nice to see them finally do as they were meant to and get the hell off Zygerria!
    Also, seeing Dooku coming to Zygerria in this episode is satisfying as we see him take care of the queen.
    The final fight on Kadavo is exciting when we see Plo Koon coming in and showing off his awesome skills as a pilot against the Zygerrians. The battle at the slave station is overall very satisfying and exciting. A fight for the freedom of the Togruta we finally got to see, and the characters overcoming the slavers. It's always amazing when the slave camp goes up in flames.
    Of course, I love the scene when Rex kills Keeper Argruss, and the brutal nature of when he has his chair go out of control and crash into his computer screen. My mother and I both laughed at that scene, though she thought my Rumplestiltskin laugh was funnier than the scene.
    And I also love the scene when Ahsoka saves the Togruta. The arc overall had too much focus on Anakin in general, that was my main problem with it. This should've been Ahsoka's story from start to finish, which is one thing I will cover when I go over the comic and trilogy in the same blog. It was nice to give Ahsoka a scene to save the Togruta with the Wolfpack.
    Overall, Escape from Kadavo is a very satisfying episode, and this episode does help support the previous one. In Slaves of the Republic, you end up wanting your heroes to stand up and escape, as well as in this episode too. It's like a great moment when they finally do end up freeing themselves.
    I'll talk more in depth about the comic when I go over it and the differences between the two.

A Friend in Need
    "Careful not to choke on your stupidity!" - Ahsoka
    IMG_0849.JPG
    Ahsoka saves the Separatist senator, Lux Bonteri from execution on Mandalore, and tries to give him safety within the Republic. However, Bonteri refuses to join, and goes to Carlac instead, where it is revealed he has joined the Mandalorian terrorists, Death Watch.
    Oh god! Bonteri is back! Why do you do this to us, Dave?!
    Anyway, if you guys remember my list of least favorite episodes, and the last time I went over an episode with Bonteri in it. You know how much I despise the character of Lux Bonteri in great detail! This episode in particular was really testing my patience so many times. Bonteri was at his worst in this episode, Bonteri is being a d*ck!
    Moving on from him, not only does this episode force me through the painful memory that Bonteri was made, but also the episode does a number on Death Watch.
    When we were first introduced to them in the second season, they were proud warriors with a sense of honor, but in this episode, they seem to forget that they have honor and become thugs who enslave villages, stab them in the back, stuff like that, they pretty much become d*cks. Death Watch are being d*cks. Say what you will about what Mandalorians did in the days of legends, but legends are not canon, the Clone Wars is canon.
    The episode also forgets to really explain what went down between Vizsla and Dooku that made Vizsla want to kill Dooku. Last time we saw them together, it looked like they were still allies even though their plan experienced a set back. Now Vizsla is bald and scarred with new armor, and wants to kill him, even allying himself with the worst possible person to recruit.
    The character of Bo-Katan was such a wasted opportunity to introduce us to a female Mandalorian. They could've made her interesting, but made her into the generic mean bitch of the episode. Sure, future episodes do a better job with her, and Death Watch goes back to how they were meant to be next season, but this episode did a number on me.
    The one highlight I gathered from the episode is the moment when Ahsoka breaks free, decapitates four Mandalorians at once, and then duels Vizsla! That duel right there is awesome, and almost makes me feel like I'm watching a completely different episode. The scenery, the intensity of them crossing blades, Ahsoka's dominance over Vizsla, it is a spectacle!
    Sadly, one great action scene cannot make up for certain other scenes in this episode that I will not mention. It's hard to put that out of my head when I look back at this episode. A Friend in Need is one of my least favorite episodes still, even looking back upon other episodes and seeing that they still brought things to the table to knock them off the list, this one remains firmly on my list of least favorite episodes.