Hi Channel Awesome, and welcome to Spectrum-Pulse, where we talk at length about music, movies, art and culture. For the most part, it's album reviews, although there is the occasional Special Comment delving into relevant issues in culture. Also included is Billboard BREAKDOWN, where we tackle the general insanity on the Billboard Hot 100 at length. Enjoy!
Color
Background color
Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. In our newest episode, we get a wildly mixed week with the unwelcome return of Kodak Black, the Hot 100 debut of Portugal. The Man, and a big surprise from DJ Khaled, Rihanna, and Bryson Tiller.

My YouTube Channel (subscribe!)
    Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

You can also see a more extensive history on my blog, on Tumblr, or you can follow me on Twitter for all manner of shenanigans.

Until next time, stay tuned!
  2. For my 784th review, I finally discuss the (possibly YouTube critic driven?) phenomenon of BROCKHAMPTON... and yet how I'm more lukewarm than hot on them.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

You can also see a more extensive history on my blog, on Tumblr, or you can follow me on Twitter for all manner of shenanigans.

3. For my 783rd review, we get the long-overdue return from Fleet Foxes - that gets more frustrating with every listen.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

4. For my 782nd review, Lorde delivers her much-anticipated sophomore record that both deconstructs and celebrates modern pop.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

5. In our newest episode, we get a pretty damn great week on the charts (despite David Guetta) thanks to SZA, 2 Chainz (?!), Billy Currington, and especially Brothers Osborne!

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

6. For my 781st review, Jason Isbell reunites with The 400 Unit for a slice of direct, relevant, and yet no less powerful alternative country, and easily one of the best records of 2017.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

7. For my 780th review, SZA delivers a more raw, focused, and potent major label full-length debut.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

8. For my 779th review, I discuss Lady Antebellum's return from hiatus and a more pronounced pop focus to generally decent but unexceptional results.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

9. For my 778th review, I discuss Rise Against's shift to a new label and producer and their fiercely anthemic and political new record.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

10. In our newest episode, it's another rough week as Fifth Harmony makes their return, Trey Songz surprises, and we're all 'treated' to the arrival of Jake Paul. Joy.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

11. For my 777th review, I discuss the ironic tragedy behind Katy Perry's least pop, least catchy, and least fun record to date.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

12. For my 776th review, I finally discuss Angaleena's complicated but excellent farewell to mainstream country for the indie scene.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

13. For my 775th review, Sufjan Stevens teams up with a group of veterans to recreate a bloated and odd space epic.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

14. For my 774th review, The Underachievers are more messy and scattershot than ever before - quality is still here, but it's shaky.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

15. For my 773rd review, Dua Lipa finally releases her solid full-length debut.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites