Hi Channel Awesome, and welcome to Spectrum-Pulse, where we talk at length about music, movies, art and culture. For the most part, it's album reviews, although there is the occasional Special Comment delving into relevant issues in culture. Also included is Billboard BREAKDOWN, where we tackle the general insanity on the Billboard Hot 100 at length. Enjoy!
Color
Background color
Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. In my 749th review, I dig into my complicated history with this Canadian pop act and her strange indie turn.

My YouTube Channel (subscribe!)
    Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

You can also see a more extensive history on my blog, on Tumblr, or you can follow me on Twitter for all manner of shenanigans.

Until next time, stay tuned!
  2. In my 748th review, I dig into Jason Eady's newest refinement which turns out to be one of the best albums of 2017.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

You can also see a more extensive history on my blog, on Tumblr, or you can follow me on Twitter for all manner of shenanigans.

3. In this episode of Billboard BREAKDOWN, Kendrick dethrones Ed Sheeran, brings the rest of DAMN. for the ride, and yet he's not the only one with quality? AWESOME.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

4. In my 747th review, I dig into Arca's added vocals and how they might take away from the experimentation on this hedonistic/sadomasochistic record.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

5. In my 746th review, I struggle to find anything compelling on this languid, 'mystical' electro-pop release.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

6. In my 745th review, I team up with fellow music critic Luke James to dig into this hip-hop collab album twenty years in the making.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

7. In my 744th review, I discuss the underground emo revival and the album that deconstructs it.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

8. In my 743rd review, I say my (possible) farewell to these hard rock legends on their twentieth album.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

9. In this episode of Billboard BREAKDOWN, we get a calm before the storm, with quality from Harry Styles and... French Montana? Seriously?

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

10. In my 742nd review, for some ungodly reason I discuss this post-hardcore/pop punk headache's attempt at space rock.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

11. In my 741st review, Kendrick delivers another great - albeit self-constrained - and potent release, this time exploring the dichotomy between weakness and wickedness within oneself.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

12. In my 740th review, I dig into this simpler but still terrific, populist, and catchy as hell sophomore release.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

13. In my 739th review, I dissect/suffer through this tedious and insulting slog of a debut from these EDM pop 'superstars'.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

14. In this episode of Billboard BREAKDOWN, we get a diverse work where Kendrick asserts dominance, country mutates, and we get too many poop jokes.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

15. In my 738th review, I dig into Josh Tillman's longest, most alienating record exploring the human condition to date - and it's great.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites