Hi Channel Awesome, and welcome to Spectrum-Pulse, where we talk at length about music, movies, art and culture. For the most part, it's album reviews, although there is the occasional Special Comment delving into relevant issues in culture. Also included is Billboard BREAKDOWN, where we tackle the general insanity on the Billboard Hot 100 at length. Enjoy!
Color
Background color
Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. In my newest unscripted review, I dig into the excellent new Marvel film directed by Ryan Coogler, and how it's easily one of the more morally complex and layered superhero films of the MCU.

My YouTube Channel (subscribe!)
    Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

You can also see a more extensive history on my blog, on Tumblr, or you can follow me on Twitter for all manner of shenanigans.

Until next time, stay tuned!
  2. In a special year-end list, I go back to a great year in the mid-2000s and the era of crunk to dig into the best hits of 2004!

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

You can also see a more extensive history on my blog, on Tumblr, or you can follow me on Twitter for all manner of shenanigans.

3. For my 906th review, MGMT swivels into synthpop and hits genuinely great results!

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

4. For my 905th review, Franz Ferdinand manage to find a comfortable but really damn potent groove on this transitory record.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

5. In our newest episode, Migos fall out, Justin Timberlake flops, and our new entries are all over the place...

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

6. For my 904th review, The Wombats hit a serious snag as they strip down their sound and retread old ground.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

7. For my 903rd review, AWOLNATION pumps out another messy, overly broad project, but sticks the landing with more of a rock edge.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

8. For my 902nd review, I venture back into my local scene and discuss a promising EP fusing country, celtic folk, and metal.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

9. In our newest episode, Migos crash onto the Hot 100, and Chris Stapleton (with the help of Justin TImberlake) notches his first top ten hit!

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

10. For my 901st review, I discuss the long-overdue backlash to Justin Timberlake and his foray into 'Americana with 808s'.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

11. For my 900th review, I dig into the misunderstandings surrounding Kyle Craft and his stellar sophomore album, easily one of the best of 2018 thus far!

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

12. For my 899th review, against my greater reservations I discuss Caitlyn Smith's full-length debut... and find a pretty damn great pop country record!

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

13. For my 898th review, Ty Segall drops a scattered double album that does hit a few pretty highlights in its exploration of freedom.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

14. In this episode of the Trailing Edge, we knock through seven albums including Black Veil Brides, Waterparks, and Mike Shinoda!

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

15. In our newest episode, Drake seizes control of the top in the week before Migos takes over.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites