Hi Channel Awesome, and welcome to Spectrum-Pulse, where we talk at length about music, movies, art and culture. For the most part, it's album reviews, although there is the occasional Special Comment delving into relevant issues in culture. Also included is Billboard BREAKDOWN, where we tackle the general insanity on the Billboard Hot 100 at length. Enjoy!
Color
Background color
Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. For my 765th review, Jlin doubles down on her frenetic, rhythm-driven sound.

My YouTube Channel (subscribe!)
    Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

You can also see a more extensive history on my blog, on Tumblr, or you can follow me on Twitter for all manner of shenanigans.

Until next time, stay tuned!
  2. In our newest episode, the top 10 stabilizes, pop divas disappoint, Calvin Harris tries to maintain his streak of quality, and Latin pop gains an increased share of the charts, for better or worse.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

You can also see a more extensive history on my blog, on Tumblr, or you can follow me on Twitter for all manner of shenanigans.

3. For my 763rd review, I dig into MisterWives' simple, but relentlessly energetic and effective approach to indie pop on their sophomore album.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

4. For my 762nd review, Linkin Park goes pop and makes their least memorable and interesting record to date.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

5. For my 761st review, Machine Gun Kelly both sells out HARD and makes some of the most uniquely awful music of his career.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

6. For my 760th review, the Zac Brown Band recruit Dave Cobb for a solid right turn back to country.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

7. In this episode of Billboard BREAKDOWN, DJ Khaled is dethroned by Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee, country takes the new arrivals, and Miley makes her unwelcome return.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

8. For my 759th review, Paramore shifts styles and gets honest... to a point.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

9. For my 758th review, I dig into Harry Styles' dive into 70s soft rock for his debut that's better than anyone expected.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

10. For my 757th review, I finally discuss Idles' explosive debut that gets political music right in the best possible way.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

11. For my 756th review, I dig to Logic's biggest, broadest, most 'unifying racial statement' of a record to date.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

12. In this episode of Billboard BREAKDOWN, Bruno Mars is dethroned by DJ Khaled and his posse, Logic baits controversy, and Katy Perry and Chris Brown are just gross.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

13. For my 755th review, I discuss Chris Stapleton's much-anticipated sophomore project, the first of two in 2017.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

14. For my 754th review (?), I try to discuss Phil Elverum's deconstruction of grief and art in the wake of his wife's passing. Emphasis on the word 'try'.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

15. In my 753rd review, I dig into Brad Paisley's most consistent - and most country - record in years.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites