Hi Channel Awesome, and welcome to Spectrum-Pulse, where we talk at length about music, movies, art and culture. For the most part, it's album reviews, although there is the occasional Special Comment delving into relevant issues in culture. Also included is Billboard BREAKDOWN, where we tackle the general insanity on the Billboard Hot 100 at length. Enjoy!
Color
Background color
Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. For my 810th review, I finally discuss Portugal. The Man's mainstream breakthrough.

My YouTube Channel (subscribe!)
    Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

You can also see a more extensive history on my blog, on Tumblr, or you can follow me on Twitter for all manner of shenanigans.

Until next time, stay tuned!
  2. In our newest episode, we get a holding pattern with some truly awful hip-hop as 'Despacito' chases the #1 record.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

You can also see a more extensive history on my blog, on Tumblr, or you can follow me on Twitter for all manner of shenanigans.

3. For my 809th review, I discuss So Much Light's peculiar fusion of indie pop, math rock, and alternative R&B... and how it doesn't quite work.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

4. For my 808th review, Kesha makes her colorful and long-awaited comeback.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

5. For my 807th review, I dive into Uncommon Nasa's more melodically varied and diverse record to date.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

6. For my 806th review, Eric Taxxon doubles down on synthpop for one of his most yearning and melodically potent records of his career.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

7. In our newest episode, we get a cooldown week with a whole load of country, an unwelcome return from The Chainsmokers, and one of Future's most 'quotable' lines.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

8. For my 805th review, I dig into Vic Mensa's long-overdue full-length debut project.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

9. In my newest unscripted review, I discuss Christopher Nolan's passion project and try to deconstruct the fascinating architecture behind his critically acclaimed war film 'Dunkirk'.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

10. For my 804th review, I finally dig into the fascinating high-concept sophomore project from this Italian black metal project.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

11. In our newest episode, we get a sequel to Descendants and entirely too much Meek Mill - joy.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

12. For my 803rd review, I finally discuss All Time Low and their most broadly-sketched pop album to date.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

13. For my 802nd review, I discuss Arcade Fire continuing down the retro-disco/electronic rabbit hole for a slice of selectively self-aware cynical nihilism. It doesn't go well.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

14. For my 801st review, I discuss Foster The People's simplified mainstream pivot to mixed/derivative results.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

15. For my 800th review, I dig into Lana Del Rey finally growing up a bit on her longest and most inconsistent record to date.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites