Hi Channel Awesome, and welcome to Spectrum-Pulse, where we talk at length about music, movies, art and culture. For the most part, it's album reviews, although there is the occasional Special Comment delving into relevant issues in culture. Also included is Billboard BREAKDOWN, where we tackle the general insanity on the Billboard Hot 100 at length. Enjoy!
Color
Background color
Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. In my 727th review, I finally dig into this mellow but surprisingly complex new record from this indie rock group.

My YouTube Channel (subscribe!)
    Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

You can also see a more extensive history on my blog, on Tumblr, or you can follow me on Twitter for all manner of shenanigans.

Until next time, stay tuned!
  2. In my 726th review, I discuss the potent sophomore album from this Swedish pop star, with strong singles but inconsistent writing and production.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

You can also see a more extensive history on my blog, on Tumblr, or you can follow me on Twitter for all manner of shenanigans.

3. In this episode of Billboard BREAKDOWN, we get a breather week as Nicki Minaj can't squash a beef, Frank Ocean makes an unexpected return, and Lorde continues to impress.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

4. In my 725th review, I discuss Drake's newest overlong, whiny, and frustrating blend of genres evasively branded a 'playlist'.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

5. In my 724th review, I dig into representation and diversity in indie rock and a fascinating debut that explores its nuance.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

6. In this special movie review, I discuss how this tension-deficient live-action remake can't live up to the animated classic.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

7. In my 723rd review, I finally discuss grime and a long-awaited - and watered-down - mainstream debut.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

8. In my 722nd review, I finally dig into Quelle Chris' impenetrable, great, and two-faced (not what you think) new project.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

9. In this episode of Billboard BREAKDOWN, Ed Sheeran dominates everything his path off his new album's release.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

10. In my 721st review, I try to deconstruct Laura Marling's subtle exploration of feminine passion and love.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

11. In my 720th review, I discuss Little Big Town's long-awaited and pretty solid (if inconsistent) return to pop country.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

12. In my 719th review, I expound on the stunningly smart, nuanced, and yet ridiculously catchy sophomore project from this psychedelic rock band. Easily one of the best of 2017.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

13. In my 718th review, I finally delve deeply into the overlong, frustrating but brilliant new record from Mark Kozelek.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

14. In this episode of Billboard BREAKDOWN, we get a weird week where Future's impact is muted, Florida Georgia Line works with Backstreet Boys, Calvin Harris collaborates with Migos and Frank Ocean, and Lorde makes her triumphant return.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

15. In this special movie review, I discuss why Logan is arguably the best - and probably should be the last - X-men movie.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites