Hi Channel Awesome, and welcome to Spectrum-Pulse, where we talk at length about music, movies, art and culture. For the most part, it's album reviews, although there is the occasional Special Comment delving into relevant issues in culture. Also included is Billboard BREAKDOWN, where we tackle the general insanity on the Billboard Hot 100 at length. Enjoy!
Color
Background color
Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. For my 824th review, Open Mike Eagle delivers a harrowing hip-hop experience exploring the projects and the trauma of losing one's home with a devastating finale... and it's among the best of 2017.

My YouTube Channel (subscribe!)
    Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

You can also see a more extensive history on my blog, on Tumblr, or you can follow me on Twitter for all manner of shenanigans.

Until next time, stay tuned!
  2. In my newest unscripted review, I discuss horror in 2017 and the terrific new Stephen King adaptation of 'It'.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

You can also see a more extensive history on my blog, on Tumblr, or you can follow me on Twitter for all manner of shenanigans.

3. For my 823rd review, The National explore instability in a borderline midlife relationship crisis. Emphasis on 'crisis'.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

4. For my 822nd review, Alvvays returns with a great dreamy - albeit looser - sophomore record.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

5. In our newest episode, we get a pretty slow comedown week that features great R&B and country opposite more Taylor Swift and the return of the #cashmeoutside girl. Seriously.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

6. For my 821st review, Nothing But Thieves delivers a derivative and painfully bland sophomore record.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

7. In my newest unscripted review, I finally dig into the frustratingly framed new film from Kathryn Bigelow exploring the 1967 Detroit race riots.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

8. For my 820th review, I discuss Brazy Da Bo$$ most refined and colourful project to date.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

9. For my 819th review, I finally discuss Kirin J. Callinan's taste-defying and pretty damn great sophomore project exploring masculine bravado.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

10. For my 818th review, I get back into things with the self-aware but frustrating comeback record from LCD Soundsystem.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

11. In our newest episode, Taylor Swift takes the #1, and I effectively have to review '17' by XXXTENTACION and 'Luv Is Rage 2' by Lil Uzi Vert. Yay...

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

12. For my 817th review (and sixth and last of the 2017 vacation series of vlogs), I talk about the new records from BROCKHAMPTON and Fifth Harmony, plus the albums from Hippo Campus, G Perico, and Snoop Dogg - featuring (briefly) a special guest!

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

13. For my 816th review (and fifth of the 2017 vacation series of vlogs), I talk about the new record from The War On Drugs, plus self-titled albums from Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, Bedouine, and Brett Eldredge.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

14. In our newest episode, we have another week of vacation as 'Despacito' ties the record... and the Hot 100 turns to shit.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites

15. For my 815th review (and fourth of the 2017 vacation series of vlogs), I talk about the new Queens of the Stone Age, along with Willie Nelson, Parmalee, Jon Wolfe, and the city of Nashville itself.

Billboard BREAKDOWN
    Favourites