Color
Background color
Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. In the universe of Bungou Stray Dogs, famous authors are transformed into fictionalized versions of themselves and battle each other with super abilities. From F. Scott Fitzgerald and John Steinbeck to Japanese writer Osamu Dazai and Kenji Miyazawa, Bungo Stray Dogs is an interesting gem for book worms like myself.

It's also kind of funny: in a weird way. The battles are also really awesome. Like really.

The real kicker for this anime are its connections to the real life literary world. In my new video, I list six important facts about Bungo Stray Dogs (in no particular order) and explore the many allusions and references to the writers it is paying tribute to.

2. Shadows can be strange things. Here are some words people often use to describe them: mysterious, threatening, unpredictable... scary.

A shadow is definitely all of that. In fact, its in film and television where we see shadows act alongside the actors. They can shade a person's perspective in the camera or obscure parts of a setting. Sometimes they can even move.

In this video, I go over the nature of a cinematic shadow and how its effect translates over to the medium of anime. More specifically, I'll use two key moments from the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica to illustrate the power of a shadow. Look closely at how it corrupts a character from the story and then maybe you'll come to the conclusion that shadows may be much more than strange things...